Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

No more Mr. Potato Head

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

No more Mr. Potato Head Empty No more Mr. Potato Head

Post by alohafri Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:27 pm

When do we say we have gone far enough? I get Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben's and their racial overtones, but to be offended by a piece of plastic made to look like a potato that you can put a moustache, glasses, and ears on?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

No more Mr. Potato Head Empty Re: No more Mr. Potato Head

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:18 pm

You make it sound like it's going away.  I read that they're dropping the "Mr." from the name of the toy and will now just call it Potato Head.  Seems like a non-issue to me, unless someone really needs or wants the Mr.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:53 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:You make it sound like it's going away.  I read that they're dropping the "Mr." from the name of the toy and will now just call it Potato Head.  Seems like a non-issue to me, unless someone really needs or wants the Mr.

Heck, Mr. Potatohead used to have a moustache with his female lips back in our day. And both sides are nuts. You're right. It's a fucking potato. Who cares? I guess I wasn't clear in my rant. 

And Ken has always been gender neutral.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:32 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:You make it sound like it's going away.  I read that they're dropping the "Mr." from the name of the toy and will now just call it Potato Head.  Seems like a non-issue to me, unless someone really needs or wants the Mr.

Heck, Mr. Potatohead used to have a moustache with his female lips back in our day. And both sides are nuts. You're right. It's a fucking potato. Who cares? I guess I wasn't clear in my rant. 

Yeah, who cares.  I wouldn't have thought to drop "Mr." because I thought there was a Mr. Potatohead and a Mrs. Potatohead, but it appears that it was so kids can make their own Potato families, and some families have 2 moms and some have 2 dads.  What I find ridiculous is that Trump voters are more upset about this than 500,000 dead people or Texas totally preventable federal disaster.  I wonder if their heads would explode this much if back in the day they changed Mrs. Potatohead to Ms. Potatohead.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:46 pm

alohafri wrote:When do we say we have gone far enough? I get Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben's and their racial overtones, but to be offended by a piece of plastic made to look like a potato that you can put a moustache, glasses, and ears on?

I have an Uncle Ben.  Well, at least as of this morning I do.  He was admitted to the hospital on December 18, and was in the ICU with Covid.  He was released to rehab on February 5.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:34 am

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Yeah, who cares.  I wouldn't have thought to drop "Mr." because I thought there was a Mr. Potatohead and a Mrs. Potatohead, but it appears that it was so kids can make their own Potato families, and some families have 2 moms and some have 2 dads.  What I find ridiculous is that Trump voters are more upset about this than 500,000 dead people or Texas totally preventable federal disaster.  I wonder if their heads would explode this much if back in the day they changed Mrs. Potatohead to Ms. Potatohead.

Speaking of the federal disaster in TX, I saw data this week demonstrating that Texans paid a whole bunch of billions more in utility bills via their unregulated system than we on the nationally regulated grid paid.  When they calculated the per capita premium they're paying and multiplied it by their state population, it was a ridiculously huge number of dollars additional they are paying just to exist inside of an unregulated system.  What a bunch of dimwits. And then in exchange for that premium they get a system that sucks dogshit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:50 am