Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

2 posters

Limbaugh

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Limbaugh Empty Limbaugh

Post by alohafri Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:21 am

Anyone wanna bet that Kark will be in the fetal position for the next two weeks? 

And anyone wanna bet as to the number of centuries Rush will have to spend in purgatory?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Limbaugh Empty Re: Limbaugh

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:50 pm

alohafri wrote:Anyone wanna bet that Kark will be in the fetal position for the next two weeks? 

And anyone wanna bet as to the number of centuries Rush will have to spend in purgatory?

I'm not sure how our centuries convert on the time scale in the ethereal world.  I would imagine that if such a place exists, it's going to be a very confusing place for Rush for a good long while.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:13 pm

I've seen tweets from real conservatives who blame him for Trump, that he stood back and watched as populism took over the formerly conservative Republican party and did nothing to stop it. I always thought he was a piece of shit.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:07 pm

alohafri wrote:I've seen tweets from real conservatives who blame him for Trump, that he stood back and watched as populism took over the formerly conservative Republican party and did nothing to stop it. I always thought he was a piece of shit.

I didn't mind Rush back in the early 90's.  I often disagreed with him, but sometimes agreed with him, and found him amusing.  Somewhere after that, he got mean and nasty and became a sort of cartoon villain version of what far left libs make some conservatives out to be.  Some libs exaggerate how awful the right is, but Limbaugh embraced that awfulness and decided to be even worse than the vilifying was making him out to be.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:23 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:I've seen tweets from real conservatives who blame him for Trump, that he stood back and watched as populism took over the formerly conservative Republican party and did nothing to stop it. I always thought he was a piece of shit.

I didn't mind Rush back in the early 90's.  I often disagreed with him, but sometimes agreed with him, and found him amusing.  Somewhere after that, he got mean and nasty and became a sort of cartoon villain version of what far left libs make some conservatives out to be.  Some libs exaggerate how awful the right is, but Limbaugh embraced that awfulness and decided to be even worse than the vilifying was making him out to be.

I could hear Hannity upstairs last night and you would think he was eulogizing a combination of Jesus Christ, Dr. Jonas Salk, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Mother Teresa.

I hate how the far right has bastardized the word "patriot". "Rush Limbaugh was a true American patriot." Really Sean? What did he ever do for this country? Did he serve in the military? Get captured as a prisoner of war? Earn the Purple Heart? Did he even rescue a kitten from a tree? He was a drug addicted fat fuck who destroyed himself with tobacco products and complained about every politician and person who disagreed with him. 

You can bet that if a real American hero, like Tammy Duckworth who truly sacrificed for her country, were to suddenly die, the word "patriot" would never come out of the mouths of people like Hannity.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:57 am

Honestly, Kevin, certain things give me the creeps anymore, and the word "Patriot" is at the top of the list.  Due to Trump and some of the right wing crazy shit, we'll view certain things differently going forward. 

Red Hats.

The word Patriot.

I even get an uneasy feeling when I see our American Flag.  Imagine how ridiculous that is, but it's a real thing.  I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE to put my flag out front of my home on holidays.  I kinda don't anymore because I feel like I'll be mistaken for a MAGA nut.

The letter Q

The name Donald

Any use of the word "trump," even when saying something like "trump card" or "my hand trump's your hand."
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:11 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Honestly, Kevin, certain things give me the creeps anymore, and the word "Patriot" is at the top of the list.  Due to Trump and some of the right wing crazy shit, we'll view certain things differently going forward. 

Red Hats.

The word Patriot.

I even get an uneasy feeling when I see our American Flag.  Imagine how ridiculous that is, but it's a real thing.  I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE to put my flag out front of my home on holidays.  I kinda don't anymore because I feel like I'll be mistaken for a MAGA nut.

The letter Q

The name Donald

Any use of the word "trump," even when saying something like "trump card" or "my hand trump's your hand."

The only reason I don't have my flag out right now is because the weather has been so shitty as of late. Otherwise, I always fly it. But what I don't like is seeing those other "versions" of the American flag, whether it is the "thin blue line" flag, or the US flag in blue and orange with the Bears logo in the middle of it (or any other sports variations). Those violate US flag code as they are advertisements.

Funny, I stopped referring to Brian Quinn from Impractical Jokers as "Q" (his nickname). LOL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:51 pm