Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

Another step

sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Another step  Empty Another step

Post by sharpy Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:50 am

to completion of the coup. 

with Trumps take over of the Pentagon, I'm wondering if the lawsuits to stop the election are just smokes screen and will be forgotten very soon.  Seems like the attempt to control the WH forever is now for a full blown coup - trying to control the military in case of an uprising by the American People, having the senate in his pocket, the courts, and 47% of the population who own guns and are stupid  .. Why else do this now?  

Or am I just being paranoid and over-reacting? 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Another step  Empty Re: Another step

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:29 am

sharpy wrote:to completion of the coup. 

with Trumps take over of the Pentagon, I'm wondering if the lawsuits to stop the election are just smokes screen and will be forgotten very soon.  Seems like the attempt to control the WH forever is now for a full blown coup - trying to control the military in case of an uprising by the American People, having the senate in his pocket, the courts, and 47% of the population who own guns and are stupid  .. Why else do this now?  

Or am I just being paranoid and over-reacting? 

Let's just HOPE you're being paranoid, but at this point Trump has shown us we ought to always expect and assume the worst.

I don't claim to know enough about how much control Trump can keep of the military.  There's an electoral college vote on 12/19 (I think that's the date).  If the final tally is in Biden's favor, then it's hard to imagine that the military will act outside of the law and the final electoral tally to assist Trump.  If the electors jump ship and vote Trump in a few states, despite state popular vote favoring Biden, then I think Trump would be the president and that would hold, but we'd be in a full blown civil war at that point.  I mean, seriously, if the electors opt against public sentiment and vote in Trump, you'll see cities burning to the ground.  Perhaps Trump sees that as a good thing and figures "Good, I'll be the guy who stops the burning by using the military, and people will like me for doing that."  

You have every reason to be on your guard, Tim.  The president is fully acting as if he assumes he will not be leaving.  Firing and replacing people at high level positions.  His team is actually fully engaged in working on a budget submission for 2021.  Why would they be doing that?  That gets submitted in Feb.  Why would they work on a budget that goes in after he's out of office?  Maybe he's engaged in some elaborate trolling in an effort to spark a civil war, perhaps thinking that under some kind of insurrection/wartime situation, he can try holding onto power legally.  Or maybe this is just an effort to rile up folks a bit.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:51 pm

Insiders are saying Trump is never going to concede, but that he's pretty well aware he'd done and he lost.  What a pussy.  Even bigger pussies are his entire party afraid to admit the obvious.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:01 am

I read that the president of Newsmax, another far right "news" organization, has suggested that Trump should "retire" and let Mike Pence ascend to the Presidency and handle the transition of power. Part of me thinks he wants Trump to be able so somehow save face so that he doesn't have to do it himself. Another part of me thinks more and more people are tiring of his shenanigans. 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:51 am

alohafri wrote:I read that the president of Newsmax, another far right "news" organization, has suggested that Trump should "retire" and let Mike Pence ascend to the Presidency and handle the transition of power. Part of me thinks he wants Trump to be able so somehow save face so that he doesn't have to do it himself. Another part of me thinks more and more people are tiring of his shenanigans. 

He's a coward who can't look his opponent in the eye and say "good game."  What an embarrassment.  I don't see how Repubs aren't screaming for him to just do the right thing.  Even Karl Rove is saying in public arenas that this charade is over and it's time.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:01 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:I read that the president of Newsmax, another far right "news" organization, has suggested that Trump should "retire" and let Mike Pence ascend to the Presidency and handle the transition of power. Part of me thinks he wants Trump to be able so somehow save face so that he doesn't have to do it himself. Another part of me thinks more and more people are tiring of his shenanigans. 

He's a coward who can't look his opponent in the eye and say "good game."  What an embarrassment.  I don't see how Repubs aren't screaming for him to just do the right thing.  Even Karl Rove is saying in public arenas that this charade is over and it's time.

Sheldon Adelson's newspaper, The Las Vegas Review-Journal has a biting editorial on Trump. Adelson is a huge Trump supporter.

"There is no evidence, however, that fraud cost Mr. Trump the election, no matter how much the president tweets the opposite and his supporters wish it so...He would remain well behind Mr. Biden in NV even if unverified GOP claims of thousands of illegal votes were dropped rhetoric from Trump surrogates alleging widespread illegal activity has been devoid of detailed evidence supporting the charge that there was a concerted effort to 'steal' the election through corruption. An electoral system that involves the participation of 150 million Americans will have its share of issues, but it’s an insult to reason and logic to argue that isolated irregularities constitute proof of a grand national conspiracy. Mr. Trump lost this election because he ultimately didn’t attract enough votes and failed to win a handful of swing states that broke his way in 2016."

It seems to me that the only ones who continue to support Trump are those who absolutely are afraid of being called out by Trump for disloyalty (US Senators) and those who are auditioning for the television network he is going to put together after this is over (the usual suspects over at Fox).
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:39 pm

...and those who are auditioning for the television network he is going to put together after this is over (the usual suspects over at Fox).

Won't this eventually hurt trump? He will be in direct competition with FOX news. Are they going to continue to support Trump if he is taking $$$ out of their pocket?? don't think so
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:16 pm

The latest step is that the two repubs on the election certification board in Wayne County, MI decided to vote against certifying the vote in that county, where Biden pounded Trump.  That leaves the decision to certify at 2-2 in the county that probably more than provided Biden his margin of victory in MI.  I suppose this will ultimately shake out and be fine, but these people are fucking shameless.  There are no legitimate and objective claims of fraud or a miscount.  Just mindless and silly claims that are without evidence.  Lordy.  What a fucked up world we live in.  

Let me just again remind everyone that as long as this kind of shit is possible and as long as special electors could actually jump in and vote for Trump in a state like MI or WI or PA, then our constitution isn't worth the paper it's written on.  Unless I know for certain that SCOTUS would overturn some of this shit (and I don't know that), then I'm done giving a shit about our wonderful constitution.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:14 am

They certified.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:32 am

alohafri wrote:They certified.

I saw that.  Many more states, still, where we need to go through some of this BS.  I see that the election board in AZ is now hedging on certifying and wanting an audit.  I don't particularly worry about an audit.  If it's warranted, have at it.  These are just endless stabs at trying to subvert the will of the people.  

I'm trying to imagine if the election board in Wayne County hadn't relented and if they'd have had to send that vote to the state assembly in MI, and if they assembly had decided against certifying for Biden, then what?  Aside from the riots that'd ensue in Detroit, then what?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:11 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:

I saw that.  Many more states, still, where we need to go through some of this BS.  I see that the election board in AZ is now hedging on certifying and wanting an audit.  I don't particularly worry about an audit.  If it's warranted, have at it.  These are just endless stabs at trying to subvert the will of the people.  

I'm trying to imagine if the election board in Wayne County hadn't relented and if they'd have had to send that vote to the state assembly in MI, and if they assembly had decided against certifying for Biden, then what?  Aside from the riots that'd ensue in Detroit, then what?

As you know, Trump has been planning this for at least a year, if not longer.  It's the pattern of his life, although it seems that it was a strategy that historically has worked.  He'd drag out lawsuits for years, and then ultimately settle for far less than he would have when the suits were filed, and he would never have to admit guilt, because the settlement was just good business.

The GOP has done similar.  In revisionist history they talk about the Dems having huge majorities under Obama and they still couldn't get anything passed.  How many months was it before they finally were able to swear in Al Franken?

So Trump will do this as a way to raise money for his 2024 campaign, and if/when him and his family are arrested and charged for various crimes, he will yell "fake news" and will play the victim like he always does.  Blowing up the country on his way out so Biden has to deal with a mess is all part of the plan.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:03 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:

Seems that Trump has leaned on the GOP house and senate leaders in Michigan to award their electors to Trump.  I'd give him 50/50 odds of pulling this off.  Heard that over 80% of Republicans think Trump really won.  I don't know why these statistics surprise me.  The Giuliani circus, hair dye running down his face, making reference to My Cousin Vinny...who believes these people?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:02 pm