Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

Joe Morgan

jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Joe Morgan Empty Joe Morgan

Post by jaywit Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:41 am

Was there ever a better ballplayer at 5' 7"?   Sometimes overlooked when the Big Red Machine names are mentioned (seems I always hear Rose, Bench, Perez...), I think he was their MVP. He got the series winning hit in the '75 classic.  RIP.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Joe Morgan Empty Re: Joe Morgan

Post by blondy28 Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:29 pm

jaywit wrote:Was there ever a better ballplayer at 5' 7"?   Sometimes overlooked when the Big Red Machine names are mentioned (seems I always hear Rose, Bench, Perez...), I think he was their MVP. He got the series winning hit in the '75 classic.  RIP.

Couldn't stand him.  Don't recall him playing, but he was a jag about Ron Santo, and he was also a horrible commentator on ESPN.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:15 pm

jaywit wrote:Was there ever a better ballplayer at 5' 7"?   Sometimes overlooked when the Big Red Machine names are mentioned (seems I always hear Rose, Bench, Perez...), I think he was their MVP. He got the series winning hit in the '75 classic.  RIP.

Bench said he was the "best ballplayer he ever played with". Rose said "I'm not bad, but I'm no Morgan", and Sparky Anderson called him the "best offensive ballplayer I ever saw", and Bill James said he was the best 2nd baseman in history .... guess he was good 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:21 pm