Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

Don't be a REST IN PEACE

sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Don't be a  REST IN PEACE  Empty Don't be a REST IN PEACE

Post by sharpy Mon May 04, 2020 5:19 pm

Despite the pressure and the GOP desire to OPEN UP THE UNITED STATES, let me just warn everyone on this board, whether you like me or not, that this virus is not going away and is not any safer than it was 2 months ago.  The CDC predicts that over 3000 people PER DAY are expected to die from the coronovirus in June .. tha'ts 90,000 people.  So even tho it looks stupid, and feels uncomfortable (I personally hate them), please don't go around town without a mask and if you have them, some type of glasses (protective or reading) to protect yourself, and a nice pair of rubber gloves.  Don't be one of the 90K 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Don't be a  REST IN PEACE  Empty Re: Don't be a REST IN PEACE

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon May 04, 2020 9:07 pm

sharpy wrote:Despite the pressure and the GOP desire to OPEN UP THE UNITED STATES, let me just warn everyone on this board, whether you like me or not, that this virus is not going away and is not any safer than it was 2 months ago.  The CDC predicts that over 3000 people PER DAY are expected to die from the coronovirus in June .. tha'ts 90,000 people.  So even tho it looks stupid, and feels uncomfortable (I personally hate them), please don't go around town without a mask and if you have them, some type of glasses (protective or reading) to protect yourself, and a nice pair of rubber gloves.  Don't be one of the 90K 

I've been wearing mine inside of places (it's required in Illinois) but damn that shit is awkward.  I saw those same numbers predicted and now they're beginning to sound like they think we could push up toward 200,000 by mid summer and higher by fall.  Yikes.  

I made mention of this the other day on Facebook, but I really sense people are getting quarantine fatigue and that they won't stand for it much longer.  Not defending them at all, but it's clear folks are kind of done with this for the moment anyway.  I see people standing close to each other that once stood 10 feet apart a month ago.  Folks around me are going to each others' homes for dinner and tv and hanging out again.  Gotta figure we'll see another blow up and growth of the virus again, and then we'll be sent home either for a bunch of our summer or all of our fall.  

On a separate note, I'm beginning to think my 18 yr old might end up sitting out college next year rather than trying to be a student from afar.  He doesn't have the discipline to e-learn.  This canceled his senior baseball season and I won't be surprised if he just blows off playing in college because baseball is just off of his mind now.  We have a strange, new world now.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed May 06, 2020 4:31 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    sharpy wrote:Despite the pressure and the GOP desire to OPEN UP THE UNITED STATES, let me just warn everyone on this board, whether you like me or not, that this virus is not going away and is not any safer than it was 2 months ago.  The CDC predicts that over 3000 people PER DAY are expected to die from the coronovirus in June .. tha'ts 90,000 people.  So even tho it looks stupid, and feels uncomfortable (I personally hate them), please don't go around town without a mask and if you have them, some type of glasses (protective or reading) to protect yourself, and a nice pair of rubber gloves.  Don't be one of the 90K 

I've been wearing mine inside of places (it's required in Illinois) but damn that shit is awkward.  I saw those same numbers predicted and now they're beginning to sound like they think we could push up toward 200,000 by mid summer and higher by fall.  Yikes.  

I made mention of this the other day on Facebook, but I really sense people are getting quarantine fatigue and that they won't stand for it much longer.  Not defending them at all, but it's clear folks are kind of done with this for the moment anyway.  I see people standing close to each other that once stood 10 feet apart a month ago.  Folks around me are going to each others' homes for dinner and tv and hanging out again.  Gotta figure we'll see another blow up and growth of the virus again, and then we'll be sent home either for a bunch of our summer or all of our fall.  

On a separate note, I'm beginning to think my 18 yr old might end up sitting out college next year rather than trying to be a student from afar.  He doesn't have the discipline to e-learn.  This canceled his senior baseball season and I won't be surprised if he just blows off playing in college because baseball is just off of his mind now.  We have a strange, new world now.

Had this been taken seriously by the administration earlier, we might not be in this position.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content