Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

Holy oil prices, Batman

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Holy oil prices, Batman Empty Holy oil prices, Batman

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:09 pm

Did anyone notice that the price of oil went to NEGATIVE today?  As of the time I'm writing this, it's -$2.67/barrel.  WTF?  I guess there is such an oversupply that they are paying people to take it off of their hands because they are running out of storage for it all.  What I want to know is if they'll pay me to fill up my tank with gas?  That would be pretty sweet.  I guess Kark would be able to finally claim he's right (and get agreement from me) about gas getting under $2 for a sustained period.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Holy oil prices, Batman Empty Re: Holy oil prices, Batman

Post by blondy28 Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:00 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Did anyone notice that the price of oil went to NEGATIVE today?  As of the time I'm writing this, it's -$2.67/barrel.  WTF?  I guess there is such an oversupply that they are paying people to take it off of their hands because they are running out of storage for it all.  What I want to know is if they'll pay me to fill up my tank with gas?  That would be pretty sweet.  I guess Kark would be able to finally claim he's right (and get agreement from me) about gas getting under $2 for a sustained period.

I was just telling my husband about it.  I thing it was as much a -$10.  My car has had 1/2 tank of gas for about a month.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:41 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Did anyone notice that the price of oil went to NEGATIVE today?  As of the time I'm writing this, it's -$2.67/barrel.  WTF?  I guess there is such an oversupply that they are paying people to take it off of their hands because they are running out of storage for it all.  What I want to know is if they'll pay me to fill up my tank with gas?  That would be pretty sweet.  I guess Kark would be able to finally claim he's right (and get agreement from me) about gas getting under $2 for a sustained period.
    If they pay my state sales tax, I'll take some off their hands.

As far as your argument with Kark, he'd still have to spin it that it was fracking that caused the glut.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content