Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

Me

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Me Empty Me

Post by alohafri Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:03 pm

...if "Doctor" Oz has his way. He said we should start reopening schools to get back to normal. We would only lose about 2-3% of the population if that were to happen. I guess that is acceptable to him.

You know me. I'm pro-life. But if anyone who calls themselves pro-life isn't appalled by this, then fuck them. If someone said that you could end COVID by aborting 2-3% of babies conceived in the next month, they would be up in arms! But their children who have been born? Sure, that's a risk they are wiling to take.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Me Empty Re: Me

Post by blondy28 Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:19 pm

alohafri wrote:...if "Doctor" Oz has his way. He said we should start reopening schools to get back to normal. We would only lose about 2-3% of the population if that were to happen. I guess that is acceptable to him.

You know me. I'm pro-life. But if anyone who calls themselves pro-life isn't appalled by this, then fuck them. If someone said that you could end COVID by aborting 2-3% of babies conceived in the next month, they would be up in arms! But their children who have been born? Sure, that's a risk they are wiling to take.

Yeah, I saw that.  I'm not sure what these people are thinking.  I guess maybe they're presenting themselves as the pro-economy people knowing that most states aren't going to take that risk, so when the election rolls around and Trump can't run on the great economy he and the GOP will present themselves as the ones who tried to save the economy.

Last edited by blondy28 on Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:09 pm

These nuts are in a frenzy for one reason....they know that Trump is a fucking imbecile and that his only chance of winning reelection is to paint him as an economic hero with a great economy.  Without a good economy, he's just a blundering imbecile who lucked into winning the presidency.  They care only about fixing the economy in order to win the election and retain power.  It's quite a simple equation.  They're apparently willing to take the gamble that they will not be among the 2-3%.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:50 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:These nuts are in a frenzy for one reason....they know that Trump is a fucking imbecile and that his only chance of winning reelection is to paint him as an economic hero with a great economy.  Without a good economy, he's just a blundering imbecile who lucked into winning the presidency.  They care only about fixing the economy in order to win the election and retain power.  It's quite a simple equation.  They're apparently willing to take the gamble that they will not be among the 2-3%.

Frankly I'm surprised it took him and his advisors so long to settle on the strategy of blaming the WHO.  I mean, that's textbook.  America first, flipping the bird to the rest of the world who do nothing but take advantage of us.  Clearly they thought Trump could just use the daily briefings as his campaign rallies, and if Trump had to berate a reporter, no big deal, his supporters seem to like that.  What they didn't count on is dead people who died horrible deaths all alone.  No applause lines like "lock her up" or "Mexico!" (who's going to pay for the wall).  The meltdowns he's having on a regular basis, without his toothless supporters there to cheer on the insanity, may just do him in.  He looks like he's a few minutes from a grabber on any given day.  

In CARES act news, I hear that the small business loans are all taken.  And it turns out, it went to some companies that didn't need it as much as the mom and pop shops that really need it.  And in other CARES act news, I read that the IRS deposited stimulus funds in the wrong accounts.  And I know that's true, because we got our stimulus yesterday for Dale and me, then today, in a completely different account that we really don't use suddenly had a balance $1200 higher than it did yesterday.  I pull up the account and it says IRS tax ref.  The IRS said that banks will be returning checks if the name doesn't match (not sure what that means, cuz they're not checks) so when they've been returned they can be reissued.  We shall see.

Last edited by blondy28 on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:26 pm

...if "Doctor" Oz has his way. He said we should start reopening schools to get back to normal. We would only lose about 2-3% of the population if that were to happen. I guess that is acceptable to him.

I'm pro life too .. we just disagree as to when life starts, and we disagree that terminating an unwanted child is better than seeing that child physically,mentally or sexually abused by the adults responsible for his/her care.  I value life after birth, much more than I do life before birth. To coldly state that its acceptable to lose 2-3% of the population so that we make sure Aurelio's pizza restaurants stay open, and worse yet for a physician to stay that, is appalling to anyone with a sense of humanity.  I am pro-life b/c I believe this is it .. once you're gone you are gone, which causes me great angst when I think people treat people like shit, that poor people exist while some CEO makes $650million a year, or like in BILLIONS people try to crush their fellow man, or to be killed in or worse, start a war over frivolous bullshit, b/c those soldiers killed, the civilians killed, the kids gunned down in school are over - done - their existence is a memory, and it gets frustrating when people are not humane to other people.  We use God (s) as an excuse - 30 kids gunned down --- that's okay, God's will, they are in a better place .. God wanted them to be with Him - instead of looking at what happened and say never fuckin' again b/c they just took innocent life because its easier to say its god's will than to try and make things right b/c after all, can't fight God can we? -- frankly, Oz, if he said this bullshit (and I am sure he did) - he should lose his show and get into retirement. This asshole was a cardiac surgeon - wonder if before his operations he said that "about 5% of my patients die after bypass surgery but that's okay- small number that I find very acceptable - hope you ain't one of them, but if you are- who cares b/c I'll still get paid and keep the economy humming with my new Mercedes purchase". 
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:23 pm

Amen
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:58 pm

sharpy wrote:...if "Doctor" Oz has his way. He said we should start reopening schools to get back to normal. We would only lose about 2-3% of the population if that were to happen. I guess that is acceptable to him.

I'm pro life too .. we just disagree as to when life starts, and we disagree that terminating an unwanted child is better than seeing that child physically,mentally or sexually abused by the adults responsible for his/her care.  I value life after birth, much more than I do life before birth. To coldly state that its acceptable to lose 2-3% of the population so that we make sure Aurelio's pizza restaurants stay open, and worse yet for a physician to stay that, is appalling to anyone with a sense of humanity.  I am pro-life b/c I believe this is it .. once you're gone you are gone, which causes me great angst when I think people treat people like shit, that poor people exist while some CEO makes $650million a year, or like in BILLIONS people try to crush their fellow man, or to be killed in or worse, start a war over frivolous bullshit, b/c those soldiers killed, the civilians killed, the kids gunned down in school are over - done - their existence is a memory, and it gets frustrating when people are not humane to other people.  We use God (s) as an excuse - 30 kids gunned down --- that's okay, God's will, they are in a better place .. God wanted them to be with Him - instead of looking at what happened and say never fuckin' again b/c they just took innocent life because its easier to say its god's will than to try and make things right b/c after all, can't fight God can we? -- frankly, Oz, if he said this bullshit (and I am sure he did) - he should lose his show and get into retirement. This asshole was a cardiac surgeon - wonder if before his operations he said that "about 5% of my patients die after bypass surgery but that's okay- small number that I find very acceptable - hope you ain't one of them, but if you are- who cares b/c I'll still get paid and keep the economy humming with my new Mercedes purchase". 

Nobody is happier that Dr. Phil stuck his foot in it on Laura Ingraham's show than Dr. Oz.

I've always said that the pro-life people are actually pro-fetus, and the calls to open the economy, I think, demonstrate that more than just about anything.  They dismiss the rationale of terminating a pregnancy because you can't afford a/another child, yet they argue to open the states because of the financial repercussions.  So it's ok for kids and Aloha to die due to financial concerns, but it's not ok to terminate a pregnancy due to financial concerns.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:32 am

blondy28 wrote:
    sharpy wrote:...if "Doctor" Oz has his way. He said we should start reopening schools to get back to normal. We would only lose about 2-3% of the population if that were to happen. I guess that is acceptable to him.

Nobody is happier that Dr. Phil stuck his foot in it on Laura Ingraham's show than Dr. Oz.

I've always said that the pro-life people are actually pro-fetus, and the calls to open the economy, I think, demonstrate that more than just about anything.  They dismiss the rationale of terminating a pregnancy because you can't afford a/another child, yet they argue to open the states because of the financial repercussions.  So it's ok for kids and Aloha to die due to financial concerns, but it's not ok to terminate a pregnancy due to financial concerns.

I think you need to qualify your belief about pro-life people being pro-fetus. There are many who are pro-life from conception to natural death. Some of them are on the front lines fighting against putting kids in cages at the border. Some of them fight against the death penalty. Some of them fight to protect children from abuse. And if you can't afford to have another child, there are ways to prevent that from happening. Just walk into Walgreens, call your doctor, or go online. There is a commercial running where you can get any method of birth control you want. Abortion as birth control? Really?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:44 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

I think you need to qualify your belief about pro-life people being pro-fetus. There are many who are pro-life from conception to natural death. Some of them are on the front lines fighting against putting kids in cages at the border. Some of them fight against the death penalty. Some of them fight to protect children from abuse. And if you can't afford to have another child, there are ways to prevent that from happening. Just walk into Walgreens, call your doctor, or go online. There is a commercial running where you can get any method of birth control you want. Abortion as birth control? Really?

I have said many times that you are an exception to what I see from pro-lifers.  I believe a majority of Catholics are anti-death penalty, but I'm not sure it's very much over 50%, at least in the United States.  But pro-life evangelicals are strongly pro-death penalty.  I am not advocating for any "acceptable" reason for abortion, simply observing an inconsistency in the debate.  Trump and the GOP have moved forward with their plans to reduce the number of people who are eligible for food stamps...at least last I read.  They announce it late last year, because "the economy is so good", so certainly people should be able to afford food.  A priest in DuPage County who advocates for such programs said that the new guidelines said that if you owned anything worth $2500 or more, you no longer qualified for food stamps.  So a car.  A really crappy car.  And if you sell the car so you can get food stamps, you can't get to your shitty paying job.  And 2-3% of kids dying so we can open up the country is just collateral damage.  I would like to see the vehemently pro-life folks fight for kids and human life as strongly as they fight against abortion and assisted suicide.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:59 pm

While the idea of abortion of birth control deeply saddens me, especially when you consider how many people want kids and can't have them, I'm still surprised that the abortion debate remains so focused on life, abortion, what constitutes live and what constitutes a "person" when the actual RvW ruling is a rule giving me a constitutional right to privacy.  Whether one likes my moral stance on abortion should be secondary to the fact that it's a constitutionally private matter until ruled otherwise.  It just surprises me at how much the argument is about abortion more than about medical privacy.  Do I have said privacy or do I not?  Do I have a right to a medically private decision or do I not?  Until some SCOTUS rules that a fetus has more rights than I do, or at least equal rights to me, then I don't particularly understand the debate at all.  I don't really see how or why we even have abortion numbers or stats, since it's a private thing.  I'd like to see it remain a private, personal decision.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:57 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:While the idea of abortion of birth control deeply saddens me, especially when you consider how many people want kids and can't have them, I'm still surprised that the abortion debate remains so focused on life, abortion, what constitutes live and what constitutes a "person" when the actual RvW ruling is a rule giving me a constitutional right to privacy.  Whether one likes my moral stance on abortion should be secondary to the fact that it's a constitutionally private matter until ruled otherwise.  It just surprises me at how much the argument is about abortion more than about medical privacy.  Do I have said privacy or do I not?  Do I have a right to a medically private decision or do I not?  Until some SCOTUS rules that a fetus has more rights than I do, or at least equal rights to me, then I don't particularly understand the debate at all.  I don't really see how or why we even have abortion numbers or stats, since it's a private thing.  I'd like to see it remain a private, personal decision.

I don't know the particulars, but seems like in one of the hearings...maybe for Kavanaugh...he said that Roe wouldn't make abortion illegal, but that Roe and another decision would have to be reversed.  Too lazy to look.  But what your write makes something else make so much sense.  The transgender lockerroom/bathroom issue, when it first became a public issue for our high school district, there were a couple school board meetings where people were able to address the school board.  At that time, they made a decision that they said only applied to Student A.  Late last year the school board took up the issue to adopt a permanent policy at all D211 students at all schools, and I noticed in those meetings, as well as in the comments sections of the Daily Herald articles about it, they kept using the phrase "bodily privacy", saying that all students had a right to that.  I believe the judge dismissed the argument of "bodily privacy", saying that there is no right to bodily privacy in a locker room, but they still used that language when arguing before the school board.  Now that you say that about Roe, I wonder if that's where that strategy came from.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:05 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:While the idea of abortion of birth control deeply saddens me, especially when you consider how many people want kids and can't have them, I'm still surprised that the abortion debate remains so focused on life, abortion, what constitutes live and what constitutes a "person" when the actual RvW ruling is a rule giving me a constitutional right to privacy.  Whether one likes my moral stance on abortion should be secondary to the fact that it's a constitutionally private matter until ruled otherwise.  It just surprises me at how much the argument is about abortion more than about medical privacy.  Do I have said privacy or do I not?  Do I have a right to a medically private decision or do I not?  Until some SCOTUS rules that a fetus has more rights than I do, or at least equal rights to me, then I don't particularly understand the debate at all.  I don't really see how or why we even have abortion numbers or stats, since it's a private thing.  I'd like to see it remain a private, personal decision.

I don't know the particulars, but seems like in one of the hearings...maybe for Kavanaugh...he said that Roe wouldn't make abortion illegal, but that Roe and another decision would have to be reversed.  Too lazy to look.  But what your write makes something else make so much sense.  The transgender lockerroom/bathroom issue, when it first became a public issue for our high school district, there were a couple school board meetings where people were able to address the school board.  At that time, they made a decision that they said only applied to Student A.  Late last year the school board took up the issue to adopt a permanent policy at all D211 students at all schools, and I noticed in those meetings, as well as in the comments sections of the Daily Herald articles about it, they kept using the phrase "bodily privacy", saying that all students had a right to that.  I believe the judge dismissed the argument of "bodily privacy", saying that there is no right to bodily privacy in a locker room, but they still used that language when arguing before the school board.  Now that you say that about Roe, I wonder if that's where that strategy came from.

Beats me.  I just know the abortion debate makes no sense to me, since how or why do we know if someone is getting one?   When you walk into a clinic, it's not my business to know if you're having an abortion, or a boil on your ass lanced, or getting a pregnancy test.  I suppose we can sit and talk about the morality of it all.  I find that to be a very fair debate and enjoy being in that debate, but from a legality standpoint, I still don't understand how this is even up for discussion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:11 pm