Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+2
SoxIlliniRob
blondy28
6 posters

The Double Down

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

The Double Down Empty The Double Down

Post by blondy28 Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:43 pm

That press conference was the most astounding thing that I think I've ever seen.  No words.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

The Double Down Empty Re: The Double Down

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:37 am

Possibly the most unhinged and ridiculous press conference in presidential history.  That was flat out deranged.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:22 am

Kelly was like "What the fuck?"
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:24 am

Will someone please explain to me the difference between Robert E. Lee and Benedict Arnold...other than they fought in different wars.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:39 am

alohafri wrote:Will someone please explain to me the difference between Robert E. Lee and Benedict Arnold...other than they fought in different wars.

I'm gonna say that there was a story line on the Brady Bunch about Benedict Arnold...that's the difference.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:12 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:Will someone please explain to me the difference between Robert E. Lee and Benedict Arnold...other than they fought in different wars.

I'm gonna say that there was a story line on the Brady Bunch about Benedict Arnold...that's the difference.
     LOL
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:26 pm

As I watched the press conference I briefly wondered if I had relapsed and decided, in the process, to drop some acid. Fucking surreal. Hey Kevin...I'm curious what the wife thought of it?
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:59 am

cream919 wrote:As I watched the press conference I briefly wondered if I had relapsed and decided, in the process, to drop some acid. Fucking surreal. Hey Kevin...I'm curious what the wife thought of it?

I don't talk to her about this crap. She was probably diddling herself watching Fox News over the whole thing.

The irony is lost on so many..."Republicans", fighting to keep statues of traitors that were put up by Democrats. Those traitors were Democrats who fought a war against the largely Republican United States of America. Those traitors were pardoned by Jimmy Carter, a Democrat.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Working from home with the news on today and seeing clips of some 20'ish black kid being beaten by some of the protesters the other night.  They're hitting him with bats, sticks and torches and poles.  That's an open carry state.  What if that kid, who ended up with about 40 stitches, pulled out a registered weapon and blasted about 3 or 4 of those white guys hitting him?  I'm trying to imagine the outrage about him being a thug if he had "stood his ground" and defended himself against this assault.  I'm sure some of the right wingers were assaulted by some leftists, too.  What if one of those righties shot and killed some black dudes?  We are a lot closer to some messy shit than we are admitting.  I hear that there are a lot of the alt-righters threatening similar marches this weekend.  Safe to assume we'll see similar counter protests and violence.  I know a couple of right wingers that are flat out dying for a race war to bubble up as a result of this.  These aren't people I'd call friends so much as people with whom I'm acquainted and who I find repulsive and scary.  Still, they are excitedly waiting for this thing to turn ugly, and have guns and are ready to participate.  Yikes.

If and when such violence breaks out, and it eventually will, what do the cops and/or military do?  Let the two side battle it out, or begin shooting at one or both sides?  
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:31 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Working from home with the news on today and seeing clips of some 20'ish black kid being beaten by some of the protesters the other night.  They're hitting him with bats, sticks and torches and poles.  That's an open carry state.  What if that kid, who ended up with about 40 stitches, pulled out a registered weapon and blasted about 3 or 4 of those white guys hitting him?  I'm trying to imagine the outrage about him being a thug if he had "stood his ground" and defended himself against this assault.  I'm sure some of the right wingers were assaulted by some leftists, too.  What if one of those righties shot and killed some black dudes?  We are a lot closer to some messy shit than we are admitting.  I hear that there are a lot of the alt-righters threatening similar marches this weekend.  Safe to assume we'll see similar counter protests and violence.  I know a couple of right wingers that are flat out dying for a race war to bubble up as a result of this.  These aren't people I'd call friends so much as people with whom I'm acquainted and who I find repulsive and scary.  Still, they are excitedly waiting for this thing to turn ugly, and have guns and are ready to participate.  Yikes.

If and when such violence breaks out, and it eventually will, what do the cops and/or military do?  Let the two side battle it out, or begin shooting at one or both sides?  

Saw an interesting letter to editor the other day.

What if NO counter demonstrators showed up, no observers on side lines and NO news coverage?
    Let them take out their bullhorns and talk to their own.

How do you think that would go over for these clowns? Marching alone with no one to see.

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:23 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Working from home with the news on today and seeing clips of some 20'ish black kid being beaten by some of the protesters the other night.  They're hitting him with bats, sticks and torches and poles.  That's an open carry state.  What if that kid, who ended up with about 40 stitches, pulled out a registered weapon and blasted about 3 or 4 of those white guys hitting him?  I'm trying to imagine the outrage about him being a thug if he had "stood his ground" and defended himself against this assault.  I'm sure some of the right wingers were assaulted by some leftists, too.  What if one of those righties shot and killed some black dudes?  We are a lot closer to some messy shit than we are admitting.  I hear that there are a lot of the alt-righters threatening similar marches this weekend.  Safe to assume we'll see similar counter protests and violence.  I know a couple of right wingers that are flat out dying for a race war to bubble up as a result of this.  These aren't people I'd call friends so much as people with whom I'm acquainted and who I find repulsive and scary.  Still, they are excitedly waiting for this thing to turn ugly, and have guns and are ready to participate.  Yikes.

Saw an interesting letter to editor the other day.

What if NO counter demonstrators showed up, no observers on side lines and NO news coverage?
    Let them take out their bullhorns and talk to their own.

How do you think that would go over for these clowns? Marching alone with no one to see.

I've always wondered that myself. Keep the media out, no coverage, no craziness.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:05 pm

Haven't met many left leaning progressive cops ....and unless the military disobeys their Commander in Chief, which Rosebowl says will NEVER happen, then the odds are pretty much in the rights favor 
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:49 pm

sharpy wrote:If and when such violence breaks out, and it eventually will, what do the cops and/or military do?  Let the two side battle it out, or begin shooting at one or both sides?

Haven't met many left leaning progressive cops ....and unless the military disobeys their Commander in Chief, which Rosebowl says will NEVER happen, then the odds are pretty much in the rights favor 

The far right dopes (you know, like Kark, who hasn't said this but I'm sure he would) have been saying that the Joint Chiefs will do whatever Obama tells them to do because they were appointed by him.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:49 am

As it turns out, one of the neo-Nazis did shoot at a black counter protester.  The response was "move along...nothing to see here". 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/richard-preston-arrested-shooting-gun-charlottesville-rally_us_59a20a39e4b06d67e3380e37?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:10 am