Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

just an observation

sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

just an observation  Empty just an observation

Post by sharpy Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:26 pm

I don't know, maybe I've lost it all, but as everyone talks about Biden, and Sanders, and Warren, and etc etc,  The ads that Mike Bloomberg is running makes him seem awfully inviting to a lot of people - very middle of the road left - healthcare, women's rights, appropriate tax …  keep an eye out 
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

just an observation  Empty Re: just an observation

Post by blondy28 Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:24 pm

sharpy wrote:I don't know, maybe I've lost it all, but as everyone talks about Biden, and Sanders, and Warren, and etc etc,  The ads that Mike Bloomberg is running makes him seem awfully inviting to a lot of people - very middle of the road left - healthcare, women's rights, appropriate tax …  keep an eye out 

I've only seen one of his ads about healthcare.  I'm not sure if he's running the same ads everywhere. 

I see Tom Steyer's ads pretty often...or should I say "ad"...I think it's the same one.  He seems pretty reasonable.  Of course, compared to the rolling dumpster fire that we've been subjected to since the raving lunatic took office, anybody is reasonable.

In other primary news, Marianne Williamson dropped out today.  I didn't realize she was still in.  And Bernie is shown leading in Iowa in the most recent poll...the first time he's led in an Iowa poll.  My son would like to take credit for that.  He went to Iowa last month to canvass for Bernie, and he's on his way there tonight to canvass all weekend.  I apologize if I'm repeating myself (can't remember if I posted this), but after his last canvassing weekend, he tweeted "Canvassing in Iowa is crazy.  These people will step out on the porch barefoot in shorts during the winter to talk for 15 minutes about how they're torn between Bernie Sanders and Tom Steyer".   The kid is flat out funny.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:26 am

Kudos to him. Takes balls to canvas. I will talk to literally anyone, anywhere, anytime but haven't generated the guts to canvas.

Bloomberg knows what he is doing. Knows how to win. Has deep pockets. Watch him closely.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:16 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Kudos to him. Takes balls to canvas. I will talk to literally anyone, anywhere, anytime but haven't generated the guts to canvas.

Bloomberg knows what he is doing. Knows how to win. Has deep pockets.  Watch him closely.

I can't imagine doing it, either.  I am part of the Action 6th Facebook group which was established to get Roskam out of office.  There are training sessions for canvassing, and they recommend having rookies go out with canvassing veterans.  They tell you what to do/say based on any number of hypothetical responses by the constituent.  

Jake interned for a candidate who's trying to unseat his democratic congressman, and they canvassed quite a bit for him, but certainly heading to other states to canvass it quite another endeavor.  Bernie pays for the accomodations for out-of-state convassers and his field office makes the arrangements. 

Another rich dude who I like is Andrew Yang.  Not sure if he necessarily has the skills to be the prez, but I'm intrigued by him.  Amy Klobuchar can't seem to get much traction, but she's qualified for all the debates.  I can easily see her as someone's VP pick.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:18 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Kudos to him. Takes balls to canvas. I will talk to literally anyone, anywhere, anytime but haven't generated the guts to canvas.

Bloomberg knows what he is doing. Knows how to win. Has deep pockets.  Watch him closely.

I can't imagine doing it, either.  I am part of the Action 6th Facebook group which was established to get Roskam out of office.  There are training sessions for canvassing, and they recommend having rookies go out with canvassing veterans.  They tell you what to do/say based on any number of hypothetical responses by the constituent.  

Jake interned for a candidate who's trying to unseat his democratic congressman, and they canvassed quite a bit for him, but certainly heading to other states to canvass it quite another endeavor.  Bernie pays for the accomodations for out-of-state convassers and his field office makes the arrangements. 

Another rich dude who I like is Andrew Yang.  Not sure if he necessarily has the skills to be the prez, but I'm intrigued by him.  Amy Klobuchar can't seem to get much traction, but she's qualified for all the debates.  I can easily see her as someone's VP pick.
    FWIW, I like Klobuchar.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:33 pm

FWIW, I like Klobuchar.

I like her too, but she isn't making any traction .. almost too milquetoast .. also concerned that running another woman after hilary losing may not be a good idea.  Is Amy going to tell him to go sit his ass down as he stalks behind her in a debate?  Is she going to call him out? or be too nice?  IDK .. Need to be someone running who is not going to take any shit from the blowhard . .
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:38 pm

Just texted Jake to find out how canvassing went today.  He said the rally just ended (guess there was a rally), and they all took a picture with Bernie, and Jake got to stand right next to him.  I'm mildly amused that Jake is as thrilled to meet an old jew who promises that his mother can never be denied insurance due to pre-existing conditions, while when I was his age, I got that thrill from meeting Michael Jordan and Walter Payton.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:05 pm

sharpy wrote:FWIW, I like Klobuchar.

I like her too, but she isn't making any traction .. almost too milquetoast .. also concerned that running another woman after hilary losing may not be a good idea.  Is Amy going to tell him to go sit his ass down as he stalks behind her in a debate?  Is she going to call him out? or be too nice?  IDK .. Need to be someone running who is not going to take any shit from the blowhard . .

I don't know about you, Tim, but I'd have enjoyed seeing a debate with Trump versus Harris.  Trying to imagine that idiot trying shit like that with her.  she's stop mid sentence and give him the glare and then ride his ass hard.  Being a prosecutor, she's not one who's at a lack for words.  I always felt like that would be the dream debate.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:11 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

FWIW, I like Klobuchar.

I've always liked her and still consider her a dark horse with a plausible chance to heat up and click with audiences.  Right now, it's going to be Biden unless he has a hiccup and Dem voters get nervous with him.  At this point, Dems appear to be focused ONLY on who can beat Trump and they've seen enough polls showing Biden to be the most likely.  If he has a health scare or some kind of negative intel about him surfaces, Klobuschar could pick up steam in a hurry, as she's about as middle of the road as you're going to get, and she wins red counties all over Minny.  I like her as a VP, but I cannot imagine any nominee not taking a black VP.  Exciting the black base is what it might take to get the vote out in Obama numbers.  It'll take Obama voter turnout to win in 2020.  Right now, about the only one I think excites the black population as much as Obama is Stacy Abrams.  That's who I think will be at the top of any VP list.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:10 pm

I like Amy...politically she stands pretty much about where I am politically. I understand the concerns about her in a debate with dickhead but I heard she put Kavanaugh on his heels a bit during his grilling. Still, she almost comes across like she has a bit of stage fright and when she gets excited her voice quivers to the extent where I think it sounds like she's gonna start crying. 

Those observations aside, I think she's kinda cute too in a wholesome sort of way.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:20 am

cream919 wrote:I like Amy...politically she stands pretty much about where I am politically. I understand the concerns about her in a debate with dickhead but I heard she put Kavanaugh on his heels a bit during his grilling. Still, she almost comes across like she has a bit of stage fright and when she gets excited her voice quivers to the extent where I think it sounds like she's gonna start crying. 

Those observations aside, I think she's kinda cute too in a wholesome sort of way.

Voting with your nether regions? Wink
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:51 pm

cream919 wrote:I like Amy...politically she stands pretty much about where I am politically. I understand the concerns about her in a debate with dickhead but I heard she put Kavanaugh on his heels a bit during his grilling. Still, she almost comes across like she has a bit of stage fright and when she gets excited her voice quivers to the extent where I think it sounds like she's gonna start crying. 

She very much did put Kavanaugh in a bit of a corner.  she was serious while he tried to play games, and he ended up looking foolish while she looked strictly business.  

I've always taken that odd thing with her voice as a sign that she gets a bit excited about certain topics and feels passionate about it.  I could be entirely wrong, however.  SNL has a blast making fun of her voice and her head shake.  

Definitely has that mom next door look about her...perhaps a naughty mom next door?
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:31 pm

Voting with your nether regions? just an observation  Icon_wink

************************************************************************************

The world has been turned upside down and madmen are in charge. If I wanna boink some female presidential candidate, I don't think it's asking too much for me to at least be allowed to entertain that fantasy.  geek
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:30 am

cream919 wrote:Voting with your nether regions? just an observation  Icon_wink

************************************************************************************

The world has been turned upside down and madmen are in charge. If I wanna boink some female presidential candidate, I don't think it's asking too much for me to at least be allowed to entertain that fantasy.  geek

That wasn't a criticism. I'd throw one into Amy too.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:44 pm

I knew that Kevin....but sorry mate. You get Warren...I get Amy.  Twisted Evil
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:51 am

Oy.  The kid is applying for an internship to go door-to-door for the census.  I think maybe the only thing I'd rather do less tha canvass is to be a census worker...especially in the city.  He canvassed for the democrat running for the U.S. House in his district, so he knew where he would be canvassing, but who the heck knows where they'd have him assigned for the census.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:00 pm

cream919 wrote:I knew that Kevin....but sorry mate. You get Warren...I get Amy.  Twisted Evil

Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content