Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

Men...defend your gender!

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Men...defend your gender! Empty Men...defend your gender!

Post by blondy28 Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:12 pm

Why is it that whenever you send a man to the store to pick something up, he screws it up?  Tomorrow night my daughter's boyfriend is flying to France to visit her for a week.  As a college male, all of his stuff fits in a backpack, so my daughter has asked me to send a carry on suitcase with him with a bunch of her stuff, which she will swap out for other items that she's bored wearing, and send back in the suitcase.  After packing her stuff, there was maybe 1/3 of available space, so I wanted to send some gifts for her host family.  I'm still pretty beat up since my last surgery on November 26, and I already have a bad back as it is, so the overcompensating pretty much sends my lower back into spasm the minute I start pushing a shopping cart, so I've tried to shop about an hour each day since I first learned of this suitcase thing last week.  I told my husband to do one thing.  There's Japanese girl, Hikari, who's staying with the same host family, and she and Gab are so close.  I told Gab that Hikari should come to Chicago next summer and she could stay with us, and of course the girls talk about it.  It's Hikari's dream to come to America.  I didn't tell Gab...but I planned to get a Chicago t-shirt, and roll it in a tube shape, tie it with a ribbon, and attach an invitation to come to Chicago in Summer 2020 (since I can't wrap any of the gifts because of the security check, this seemed like a cute idea).  Before my husband left, we pulled up the website of the Love From Chicago store at Woodfield and looked at some of the t-shirts, and he said he would text me pictures because he was sure they had a better selection.  About 45 minutes later, he comes walking in the door with the bag, and says "those t-shirts were so expensive, so for only $7 more, I got this!" and he pulls out a hoodie sweatshirt...which, MAYBE, if I cut it to shreds, one sleeve might fit in the suitcase.  He saw the suitcase opened before he left.  He was given explicit instructions.  The confirmation text was my safety net.  And still, he screwed it up.  He works tomorrow so he can't exchange it, and I'm making host brother a Cubs bandana that I have to finish in the morning.  Seriously, I'm going to have to start writing notes to pin on his shirt like my mother used to do when she sent me to buy her cigarettes at the gas station.  My sister's husband does bone headed stuff like this too.  I don't get it!

To elaborate on the Cubs thing, Gab has the W tattoo on her wrist.  Her host brother Nico asked her what it meant, and she explained it to him, and that we like the Cubs, and not the White Sox.  He now teases her mercilessly that the W stands for White Sox.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Men...defend your gender! Empty Re: Men...defend your gender!

Post by sharpy Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:11 pm

Men just always go the extra yard and try to make everything better for their significant other and all around them. Like all great efforts, sometimes we fall short, but as we keep trying, the final result tends to be awesome.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:26 pm

sharpy wrote:Men just always go the extra yard and try to make everything better for their significant other and all around them. Like all great efforts, sometimes we fall short, but as we keep trying, the final result tends to be awesome.

Awwwww.

The funniest thing is that I texted back and forth last night with Gab's boyfriend, and we had the plan for the carry on...and I get a text from my daughter this afternoon saying "Okay turns out Ronnie misunderstood everything.  He thought you were going to give him things to put in his own carry on.  He didn't know you were packing a carry on yourself (men literally do not listen)."
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:27 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    sharpy wrote:Men just always go the extra yard and try to make everything better for their significant other and all around them. Like all great efforts, sometimes we fall short, but as we keep trying, the final result tends to be awesome.

Awwwww.

The funniest thing is that I texted back and forth last night with Gab's boyfriend, and we had the plan for the carry on...and I get a text from my daughter this afternoon saying "Okay turns out Ronnie misunderstood everything.  He thought you were going to give him things to put in his own carry on.  He didn't know you were packing a carry on yourself (men literally do not listen)."

I'd have the same assumption he did as my wife always finds some way to throw her shit into my luggage or carry on. She's stopped asking and just does it.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:22 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Awwwww.

I'd have the same assumption he did as my wife always finds some way to throw her shit into my luggage or carry on. She's stopped asking and just does it.

It's because if there's a 50 lb bag limit, my wife's is going to be 53 lbs and mine will be 37.  that means you need to carry some extra in yours if your situation is anything like mine.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:12 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Awwwww.

It's because if there's a 50 lb bag limit, my wife's is going to be 53 lbs and mine will be 37.  that means you need to carry some extra in yours if your situation is anything like mine.

It's because she packs shit that she never wears...just in case. An extra pair of underwear and an extra pair of socks. That's "just in case". Two pairs of pants, three shirts, and a jacket aren't.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:28 am

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Awwwww.

It's because she packs shit that she never wears...just in case. An extra pair of underwear and an extra pair of socks. That's "just in case". Two pairs of pants, three shirts, and a jacket aren't.

My wife brings about 9 pairs of shoes.  Those are heavy.  I guess she figures there's a chance we'll endure any number of rough or not so rough terrain.  I wear one pair and bring one other pair.  I may be a caveman, but I'm an efficient caveman.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:53 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Awwwww.

My wife brings about 9 pairs of shoes.  Those are heavy.  I guess she figures there's a chance we'll endure any number of rough or not so rough terrain.  I wear one pair and bring one other pair.  I may be a caveman, but I'm an efficient caveman.

My list of things that I need to bring with me grows by the day. Today I was told that since her sister's laptop and desktop crashed, I have to bring our back up laptop for her. My response..."It's Christmas and Best Buy has sales AND 0% financing. Maybe she should just buy herself a new one."

So now, I'm trying to haul a coffee maker for the room, a couple of chargers she forgot, a bottle of Bailey's, coffee, and a laptop.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:33 am

Add fucking LED lights to my growing list of things I'm supposed to bring. I'm going to need my own plane before all is said and done.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Yeah, this is total bullshit.  You can't turn this on women...this is my rant!
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:24 am

blondy28 wrote:Yeah, this is total bullshit.  You can't turn this on women...this is my rant!

It's always about the women! You make us do shit we don't want to do...yet we do the shit anyway. You win, but you have to listen to us complain.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content