Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

Kentucky!

jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Kentucky! Empty Kentucky!

Post by jaywit Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:22 pm

With the outcome of the KY governor's race, I have gained a modicum of  hope and respect for our population at large.  This is (was?) a very red state.  How long will it take for GOP candidates to realize having Trump come to their side invigorates the opposition more than their base?  When that becomes realized, maybe we'll see the impenetrable support the GOP has for Trump begin to whittle away.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Kentucky! Empty Re: Kentucky!

Post by sharpy Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:43 pm

jaywit wrote:With the outcome of the KY governor's race, I have gained a modicum of  hope and respect for our population at large.  This is (was?) a very red state.  How long will it take for GOP candidates to realize having Trump come to their side invigorates the opposition more than their base?  When that becomes realized, maybe we'll see the impenetrable support the GOP has for Trump begin to whittle away.

Don't get too excited - the GOP is going to steal this one - there is some law that if you lose by a small margin you can challenge the election for cause,  and if successful, have the election decided by the state legislature - which is all GOP -  The disgusting actions of this party will never end ..
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:41 pm

sharpy wrote:
    jaywit wrote:With the outcome of the KY governor's race, I have gained a modicum of  hope and respect for our population at large.  This is (was?) a very red state.  How long will it take for GOP candidates to realize having Trump come to their side invigorates the opposition more than their base?  When that becomes realized, maybe we'll see the impenetrable support the GOP has for Trump begin to whittle away.

Don't get too excited - the GOP is going to steal this one - there is some law that if you lose by a small margin you can challenge the election for cause,  and if successful, have the election decided by the state legislature - which is all GOP -  The disgusting actions of this party will never end ..

Do you think?  In spite of Bevins having 200.000 more votes cast for him than in his last election and he still lost speaks to how little the people of Kentucky think of him.  I understand that the teachers in the state really canvassed for him and helped with turnout.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:32 pm

Do you think?  In spite of Bevins having 200.000 more votes cast for him than in his last election and he still lost speaks to how little the people of Kentucky think of him.  I understand that the teachers in the state really canvassed for him and helped with turnout.

Wants the election "re-convassed" due to "voting improprieties"....all bullshit .. he just doesn't want to leave and isn't planning on it .. so we will see … btw - this is a prelude to 2020 if trump loses - he won't leave either - and he'll claim the election wasn't fair and that the Russian intervened and therefore, he shouldn't be required to leave. -  I'm telling ya - the country may actually have to have a military coup to restore our democracy 
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:01 pm

sharpy wrote:Do you think?  In spite of Bevins having 200.000 more votes cast for him than in his last election and he still lost speaks to how little the people of Kentucky think of him.  I understand that the teachers in the state really canvassed for him and helped with turnout.

Wants the election "re-convassed" due to "voting improprieties"....all bullshit .. he just doesn't want to leave and isn't planning on it .. so we will see … btw - this is a prelude to 2020 if trump loses - he won't leave either - and he'll claim the election wasn't fair and that the Russian intervened and therefore, he shouldn't be required to leave. -  I'm telling ya - the country may actually have to have a military coup to restore our democracy 
    Bill Maher says just about every week that Trump won't leave, and I can see that happening.  

As for Kentucky, Republican controlled state governments have been sketchy in the recent past...North Carolina, Wisconsin, Michigan..and I wouldn't exactly be surprised if they tried to pull something.  If the legislature just flat out deems Bevins the winner, that would be problematic, and I'm not sure that approach wouldn't cause more harm to the GOP.  What they CAN do, is call for another election, as they did in one of the Carolinas.  I'd say that's the more palatable approach.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:35 pm

What they CAN do, is call for another election, as they did in one of the Carolinas.  I'd say that's the more palatable approach.

The only palatable approach is his conceding the election and leaving....anything else is a power grab and a coup 
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:56 am

sharpy wrote:What they CAN do, is call for another election, as they did in one of the Carolinas.  I'd say that's the more palatable approach.

The only palatable approach is his conceding the election and leaving....anything else is a power grab and a coup 

Yep,that would be the only palatable thing for me.  Dunno about centrist/independents in Kentucky.  I would hope they would see through this, but it's Kentucky, so you never know.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:24 am