Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

Whistleblower

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Whistleblower Empty Whistleblower

Post by blondy28 Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:00 pm

I may be misremembering this, but Aloha, when the Kavanaugh thing was going on, didn't you make the argument that everything could have gone on behind closed doors with the Senate Judiciary Committee, which would have allowed Blasie-Ford to maintain her anonymity?  Do you think that the GOP would keep the Whistleblower(s)' identity(ies) confidential if they learn who they are?
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Whistleblower Empty Re: Whistleblower

Post by alohafri Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:22 am

blondy28 wrote:I may be misremembering this, but Aloha, when the Kavanaugh thing was going on, didn't you make the argument that everything could have gone on behind closed doors with the Senate Judiciary Committee, which would have allowed Blasie-Ford to maintain her anonymity?  Do you think that the GOP would keep the Whistleblower(s)' identity(ies) confidential if they learn who they are?

In the Trump case, absolutely not, not even under threat of arrest.

Someone ought to remind these bozos that Mark Felt was a whistleblower who finally came out of the shadows 40 years later.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:03 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:I may be misremembering this, but Aloha, when the Kavanaugh thing was going on, didn't you make the argument that everything could have gone on behind closed doors with the Senate Judiciary Committee, which would have allowed Blasie-Ford to maintain her anonymity?  Do you think that the GOP would keep the Whistleblower(s)' identity(ies) confidential if they learn who they are?

Someone ought to remind these bozos that Mark Felt was a whistleblower who finally came out of the shadows 40 years later.

This is the perfect issue to highlight that Trump and the GOP don't care what the laws says.  The Whistleblower Act (not sure if that's the actual name) is meant to protect the identity of the whistleblower.  There's nothing that says if the Whistleblower was mistaken about what he/she reported, then that person should be outted.  And the irony that they don't want written answers...they want a live hearing.  Trump provides written answers to Mueller while not being under oath, and they felt that was fine...yet the want to ask the whistleblower questions in person.  

Any apparently Trump is getting ready to release information about Alexander Vindman...because that's what the grifter and his pals do.  They will bring him down and turn his name to mud.  Absurd.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:00 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

This is the perfect issue to highlight that Trump and the GOP don't care what the laws says.  The Whistleblower Act (not sure if that's the actual name) is meant to protect the identity of the whistleblower.  There's nothing that says if the Whistleblower was mistaken about what he/she reported, then that person should be outted.  And the irony that they don't want written answers...they want a live hearing.  Trump provides written answers to Mueller while not being under oath, and they felt that was fine...yet the want to ask the whistleblower questions in person.  

Any apparently Trump is getting ready to release information about Alexander Vindman...because that's what the grifter and his pals do.  They will bring him down and turn his name to mud.  Absurd.

Speaking of his pals, can anyone tell me why Sean Hannity, a "news personality", shows up in the Gates interview notes, the Roger Stone indictment, the Cohen interview notes, the Mueller Report, the Cohen sentencing report, and the Yovanovich transcript? This mother fucker is as guilty as Lucifer. I'd be just as happy to see Ass Face thrown in the clink as I would see Trump removed from office.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:34 am

Hannity is Trump's actual Chief of Staff. Eveything goes through him.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:31 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Hannity is Trump's actual Chief of Staff.  Eveything goes through him.

He's the chief of Trump's staff alright.
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:44 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Hannity is Trump's actual Chief of Staff.  Eveything goes through him.
    What I don't understand is :
    Why don't the Dems copy the whistle blower statute and forward it to ALL members of Congress.
    Actually should send a email to Trump, the White House and staff with a copy of the letter to Congress and press.
    Example:
     Dear Mr. President:

Enclosed is a copy of USC---- commonly known as The Whistle Blower Statute. This is a Federal law and it is a CRIME to violate it-such as attempting to or disclosing the individual'sidentity.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:09 pm

Frank, you think these guys give a shit what the law says?
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:31 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Frank, you think these guys give a shit what the law says?

They might-if they realize it was sent to the papers with a copy of the letter.
    Not that I have any feeling of real integrity in the group. It could be nice info to hold up during an election campaign in front of voters
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:47 am

frank bonifacic wrote:

Not that I have any feeling of real integrity in the group. It could be nice info to hold up during an election campaign in front of voters

I wonder if the folks that support these lying and corrupt sumbitches give a shit either way.
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:09 pm

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:15 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:

I wonder if the folks that support these lying and corrupt sumbitches give a shit either way.

The guy's name is all over the net.  Now comes the character assassination.  

Yesterday they had a guy from Fox on the radio, and he said in terms of Trump supporters, they either don't believe what he did was illegal, or they don't care if it was.  Funny how the "lock her up" folks suddenly don't care about the law.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:53 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:

The guy's name is all over the net.  Now comes the character assassination.  

Yesterday they had a guy from Fox on the radio, and he said in terms of Trump supporters, they either don't believe what he did was illegal, or they don't care if it was.  Funny how the "lock her up" folks suddenly don't care about the law.

The approach to this by House Dems ought to be that they understand that almost all of the Trump cult will remain in support of him, even if he's killing people or raping little girls.  None of that will matter, but they should just proceed in a serious manner, hoping to knock out about 10% of his support so that the 40% drops to 36% or so, because if you get to where 57-60% of the public wants him impeached and removed, the GOP begins looking like they have egg on their face if they vote not to convict.  They need to make sure to paint the evidence and acts as so egregious and compelling that when the GOP votes to acquit, they have to do it while hiding their faces in shame.  If you can just convince 3 or 4 Repubs to vote to convict, then you have a majority voting to convict, and while that leaves him in office, it's a huge PR disaster for him and the GOP.  As I see, it'll be a huge PR disaster anyway, because the evidence will be so convincing and compelling that voting to acquit will be painful for them, but they'll do it anyway.  I want to watch them writhe in pain for having wrought this.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:30 am

Why do I think Laura Ingraham has a bigger penis than I do? 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:55 am

alohafri wrote:Why do I think Laura Ingraham has a bigger penis than I do? 

Because she does.  You know you wanna do her...or him.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:17 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:

I wouldn't fuck her with Bea Arthur's dick.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:20 am

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

I wouldn't fuck her with Bea Arthur's dick.

Strangely, I don't find her unattractive from a purely visual aspect.  I want to hurl every time I see her, but I assume it's because I can't stand her or the bullshit coming out of her gross mouth.  However, it she were espousing the pinko commie ideologies that I love, I might see her as mildly attractive.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:43 pm

So do you think that Bolton has refused to testify because someone would surely ask him if he was the leaker?
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:56 pm

The approach to this by House Dems ought to be that they understand that almost all of the Trump cult will remain in support of him, even if he's killing people or raping little girls.  None of that will matter, but they should just proceed in a serious manner, hoping to knock out about 10% of his support so that the 40% drops to 36% or so, because if you get to where 57-60% of the public wants him impeached and removed, the GOP begins looking like they have egg on their face if they vote not to convict.  They need to make sure to paint the evidence and acts as so egregious and compelling that when the GOP votes to acquit, they have to do it while hiding their faces in shame.  If you can just convince 3 or 4 Repubs to vote to convict, then you have a majority voting to convict, and while that leaves him in office, it's a huge PR disaster for him and the GOP.  As I see, it'll be a huge PR disaster anyway, because the evidence will be so convincing and compelling that voting to acquit will be painful for them, but they'll do it anyway.  I want to watch them writhe in pain for having wrought this.

Nice thought, but i'm not convinced that 10% of his supporters will listen or read the evidence against him...they will just ignore the whole thing ..claim fake news, witch hunt, ...if Trump killed their mother and raped their daughter, and then looked them right in the eye and said "It wasn't me" while he wiped off his dick, they would agree with him 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:03 pm

blondy28 wrote:So do you think that Bolton has refused to testify because someone would surely ask him if he was the leaker?

I don't think Bolton is exactly refusing to testify.  He's trying to remain loyal but I think probably wants to testify.  He's said that if a court will tell him to go, he'll go.  I suspect he almost hopes the court rules that he has to testify, but he's nervous about defying Trump's orders not to.  That's my take.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:09 pm

sharpy wrote:The approach to this by House Dems ought to be that they understand that almost all of the Trump cult will remain in support of him, even if he's killing people or raping little girls.  None of that will matter, but they should just proceed in a serious manner, hoping to knock out about 10% of his support so that the 40% drops to 36% or so, because if you get to where 57-60% of the public wants him impeached and removed, the GOP begins looking like they have egg on their face if they vote not to convict.  They need to make sure to paint the evidence and acts as so egregious and compelling that when the GOP votes to acquit, they have to do it while hiding their faces in shame.  If you can just convince 3 or 4 Repubs to vote to convict, then you have a majority voting to convict, and while that leaves him in office, it's a huge PR disaster for him and the GOP.  As I see, it'll be a huge PR disaster anyway, because the evidence will be so convincing and compelling that voting to acquit will be painful for them, but they'll do it anyway.  I want to watch them writhe in pain for having wrought this.

Nice thought, but i'm not convinced that 10% of his supporters will listen or read the evidence against him...they will just ignore the whole thing ..claim fake news, witch hunt, ...if Trump killed their mother and raped their daughter, and then looked them right in the eye and said "It wasn't me" while he wiped off his dick, they would agree with him 

You're 100% right, but I'm not thinking there's any chance of converting true supporters of the guy.  I'm thinking more about the 4 or 5% out of the 40% that approve of him who approve only because they think his policies are decent or they like his political stances while finding him to be an asshole.  There really are a number of people that dislike him, but approve of his political stances, and who are pretty tired of his shit.  Those are the people you can potentially pick off or convince that he's bad for the country and for his party.  I could be off a bit, too.  Maybe it's 1-2%.  Maybe it's 6-8%.  Not sure, but I know there are people that can't stand him, but who plan to vote for him because they are red voters.  Gotta try to convert a few of those or even just dismay the supporters into thinking he's dead meat because there is so much evidence against him that they perhaps don't go out and vote in droves.  Remember, part of what drove Trump voters to the polls was a hate for Hillary.  I said six months prior to the election that the Dems were about to nominate the one person that was going to energize the right to run out and vote just to vote against her.  I'm hoping we avoid nominating Warren and doing that same thing all over again.  It's not that I don't like her.  She's fine.  I just don't think she's a swing state candidate that can pull enough blue votes to win necessary states.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:27 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:So do you think that Bolton has refused to testify because someone would surely ask him if he was the leaker?

I don't think Bolton is exactly refusing to testify.  He's trying to remain loyal but I think probably wants to testify.  He's said that if a court will tell him to go, he'll go.  I suspect he almost hopes the court rules that he has to testify, but he's nervous about defying Trump's orders not to.  That's my take.

Even though yesterday he said that if he is subpoenaed he'd sue?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:00 am

sharpy wrote:The approach to this by House Dems ought to be that they understand that almost all of the Trump cult will remain in support of him, even if he's killing people or raping little girls.  None of that will matter, but they should just proceed in a serious manner, hoping to knock out about 10% of his support so that the 40% drops to 36% or so, because if you get to where 57-60% of the public wants him impeached and removed, the GOP begins looking like they have egg on their face if they vote not to convict.  They need to make sure to paint the evidence and acts as so egregious and compelling that when the GOP votes to acquit, they have to do it while hiding their faces in shame.  If you can just convince 3 or 4 Repubs to vote to convict, then you have a majority voting to convict, and while that leaves him in office, it's a huge PR disaster for him and the GOP.  As I see, it'll be a huge PR disaster anyway, because the evidence will be so convincing and compelling that voting to acquit will be painful for them, but they'll do it anyway.  I want to watch them writhe in pain for having wrought this.

Yesterday on the radio they were talking about the CNN "undecided voters", which are always voters who have clearly made up their minds, and they asked if they would continue to support Trump if he shot someone on 5th Avenue, and they responded "well, what did the person do?  Why did he shoot them"?  Yes, they're always going to look for the least egregious reason for his actions, when by and large, the most egregious reason for his actions is the truth.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:27 am

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

I've not seen or heard that reported anywhere, and I have political news on constantly.  I've only heard that he says he'll not give willful testimony but if a court rules that his counterpart needs to testify, then he'll take that as a signal that he needs to testify, too.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:29 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

I've not seen or heard that reported anywhere, and I have political news on constantly.  I've only heard that he says he'll not give willful testimony but if a court rules that his counterpart needs to testify, then he'll take that as a signal that he needs to testify, too.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-trump-adviser-bolton-willing-165503017.html

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content