Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

Here we go again...transgender policy

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Here we go again...transgender policy Empty Here we go again...transgender policy

Post by blondy28 Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:32 am

Well, our HS district who created a policy specifically for my friend's daughter, who has since graduated, will now be establishing a permanent policy for all high schools in the district.  They held the first meeting last night and the local hate group was out in full force.  Speakers were chosen at random....16 speakers against, and 9 speakers supporting the policy.  One of the 16 speakers on "their" side recommended that the trans kids wear badges.  Yes.  Badges.  That's not at all troubling.

https://www.holocaustcenter.org/visit/library-archive/holocaust-badges/
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Here we go again...transgender policy Empty Re: Here we go again...transgender policy

Post by sharpy Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:11 pm

One of the 16 speakers on "their" side recommended that the trans kids wear badges.  Yes.  Badges.  That's not at all troubling.

I actually got a chill reading this … when I went to germany I went to Dachau, the very first concentration camp. One of the exhibits was an example of all the various "badges" that each subhuman (per the Nazis) had to wear to distinguish themselves.  Everyone has seen the yellow jewish star, but there were many many other badges as well - one for homosexuals, gypsies, "retards" etc ..if you were more than one of these, you  got to wear multiple badges … disgusting
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Here we go again...transgender policy Empty Re: Here we go again...transgender policy

Post by blondy28 Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:30 pm

sharpy wrote:One of the 16 speakers on "their" side recommended that the trans kids wear badges.  Yes.  Badges.  That's not at all troubling.

I actually got a chill reading this … when I went to germany I went to Dachau, the very first concentration camp. One of the exhibits was an example of all the various "badges" that each subhuman (per the Nazis) had to wear to distinguish themselves.  Everyone has seen the yellow jewish star, but there were many many other badges as well - one for homosexuals, gypsies, "retards" etc ..if you were more than one of these, you  got to wear multiple badges … disgusting

This was posted on our group FB page:

https://www.thepinktriangle.com/history/symbol.html?fbclid=IwAR3hoQx2gNsm9ZcbM8Qh6V-rHLnymZUzLvdNkekt0NxPpao7uK7ByY_VMXw

Have since learned that the guy who made the comment is on the school board for our elementary/middle school.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:47 pm

blondy28 wrote:Well, our HS district who created a policy specifically for my friend's daughter, who has since graduated, will now be establishing a permanent policy for all high schools in the district.  They held the first meeting last night and the local hate group was out in full force.  Speakers were chosen at random....16 speakers against, and 9 speakers supporting the policy.  One of the 16 speakers on "their" side recommended that the trans kids wear badges.  Yes.  Badges.  That's not at all troubling.

What is the permanent policy?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:48 pm

jaywit wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:Well, our HS district who created a policy specifically for my friend's daughter, who has since graduated, will now be establishing a permanent policy for all high schools in the district.  They held the first meeting last night and the local hate group was out in full force.  Speakers were chosen at random....16 speakers against, and 9 speakers supporting the policy.  One of the 16 speakers on "their" side recommended that the trans kids wear badges.  Yes.  Badges.  That's not at all troubling.

What is the permanent policy?

When the original lawsuit became public in October 2015, 2 years after filing and ongoing negotiations, there were several school board meetings, and ultimately they agreed to allowing my friend's daughter to have access to the girls restroom and locker room, and they installed curtains to be used by anyone who wanted to use them.  They emphasized that the policy wasn't to be taken as precedent and that any trans students who wanted access would be considered on a case-by-case basis.  This is the proposed policy:

[url=https://go.boarddocs.com/il/thsd211/Board.nsf/files/BFYU3U775C3D/$file/Proposed Policy Equal Educational Opportunities (09-19-19).pdf]https://go.boarddocs.com/il/thsd211/Board.nsf/files/BFYU3U775C3D/$file/Proposed%20Policy%20Equal%20Educational%20Opportunities%20(09-19-19).pdf[/url]
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:40 am

What is your stance on transgender females competing with biologic female in sports?  Are rules written for this yet?  Can a biologic male simply say, I now identify as a female, and start playing?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:34 am

jaywit wrote:What is your stance on transgender females competing with biologic female in sports?  Are rules written for this yet?  Can a biologic male simply say, I now identify as a female, and start playing?

I think they can, Jay, and it's kind of bullshit.  Wasn't there a man who transitioned to a woman, and who then proceeded to kick total ass in the women's pro tennis circuit for a while?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:47 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    jaywit wrote:What is your stance on transgender females competing with biologic female in sports?  Are rules written for this yet?  Can a biologic male simply say, I now identify as a female, and start playing?

I think they can, Jay, and it's kind of bullshit.  Wasn't there a man who transitioned to a woman, and who then proceeded to kick total ass in the women's pro tennis circuit for a while?

Sports has been the latest battleground in this community.  The rules vary depending on the institution.  NCAA has their own requirements, as does the Olympics, and both have requirements about hormone therapy, which is what levels the playing field (pun intended).  Male-to-female trans people actually have less testosterone than do cisgender females because women get 25% of their circulating testosterone from their ovaries.

Nicole (trans neighbor) did gymnastics and track, and she wasn't particularly good at either one.

Here's a good article on the subject:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/do-transgender-athletes-have-an-unfair-advantage_b_4918835

Someone actually posted an article about this yesterday on FB...about a HS girl who claims that because she was beaten by trans athletes in various races that colleges aren't looking at her, which is pretty much bullshit.  I can tell you, as the parent of a former runner, that whether the girl came in 5th rather than 1st, college recruiters look at the times of the runners, not the placement.  It's like saying colleges are passing over a baseball player who has a 105 mph fastball because someone else throws one at 108 mph (yes, not a total parallel example, but you get the point).
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:19 am

One more thing I want to add about this.  Not unlike the bathroom/locker room policy issue, by not allowing access (sports, locker rooms, etc.) to the entity based on one's gender identity, trans people have access to nothing.  Chaz Bono can't walk into a ladies room.  Now imagine a trans girl-to-boy, who is being pumped with testosterone and who has a full beard...do you think that person will be accepted in women's sports?  No.  In fact, he would be disqualified for using testosterone.  And do you think the boy-to-girl trans person, with long hair, make-up, and breasts would be welcome on the boys wrestling team?  This is what happened to Nicole at Willow Creek Church.  She had been in the boys youth group since she moved here a 4 years old.  When she was in junior high and started her transition, she wanted to be in the girls youth group.  They didn't let her...but the church advised that she wouldn't be accepted back in the boys group (not that she would have done that anyway).
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:29 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:

Renee Richards. Believe she was a doctor.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:42 pm

So here's the latest.  At last week's meeting the usual cast of characters spoke.  Someone on the school board asked how the schools would know if a child is violating the parents' wishes in the event that they implement a policy for which they disagree.  The administrators said that they're not going to follow kids around during a passing period to figure out which bathroom they're using.  So they suggested that we hire people to do just that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:29 am