Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

Indictment Recommended

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Indictment Recommended Empty Indictment Recommended

Post by blondy28 Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:47 pm

So it appears that there has been a recommendation by the Justice Department to indict Andrew McCabe for leaking a story to The Wall Street Journal...or maybe it's for lying under oath?  The irony, of course, is that someone leaked the story about the recommendation to the press, so it's not particularly clear.  I suspect the talking point about this is that McCabe was a "sleazebag" and that's why Trump fired him, but unless I'm reading this wrong, the leak to the WSJ was to confirm that the FBI was investigating The Clinton Foundation, and that McCabe's motive in leaking the story is that Comey had refused to confirm it.  So isn't that an anti-Hillary move to leak that story a week before the election?  I know that Trump has claimed one of the reasons he fired Comey is because of the letter he sent to congress before the election suggesting they'd found more of Hillary's e-mails and that they had to be reviewed, so I figure that Trump firing McCabe the day before he would have been eligible for his pension can now be spun by Trump as his unbiased handling of our intelligence personnel, since he fired him for leaking a negative story about Hillary.  Either that, or I totally misread the article.

The leak says that the case has been referred to a grand jury so we won't know about an indictment until they convene.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Indictment Recommended Empty Re: Indictment Recommended

Post by blondy28 Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:38 pm

So this is getting interesting.  Reading that the Grand Jury already convened and didn't hand down an indictment.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:23 am

Seems to me like Trump team has pushed and pushed this to distract from his own indiscretions and hoped there'd be an indictment in order to further distract.  Grand Jury said "I don't think so" and no it all looks a little fishy.  This is similar to all of this blowhard bullshit from the GOP about improper FISA warrants, which appears to be just something to distract from the fact that Russia helped President Simpleton win the election.
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:17 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Seems to me like Trump team has pushed and pushed this to distract from his own indiscretions and hoped there'd be an indictment in order to further distract.  Grand Jury said "I don't think so" and no it all looks a little fishy.  This is similar to all of this blowhard bullshit from the GOP about improper FISA warrants, which appears to be just something to distract from the fact that Russia helped President Simpleton win the election.
    However, seems like DOJ is pushing ahead on the indictment. Lawyers have been asking DOJ for grand jury findings.
    It's a real reach to proceed if the grand jury refuse to indict. Only takes a majority and it is not "beyond a reasonable doubt" just more probably true so that makes it look like it's only political (which it is)
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:05 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Seems to me like Trump team has pushed and pushed this to distract from his own indiscretions and hoped there'd be an indictment in order to further distract.  Grand Jury said "I don't think so" and no it all looks a little fishy.  This is similar to all of this blowhard bullshit from the GOP about improper FISA warrants, which appears to be just something to distract from the fact that Russia helped President Simpleton win the election.
    However, seems like DOJ is pushing ahead on the indictment. Lawyers have been asking DOJ for grand jury findings.
    It's a real reach to proceed if the grand jury refuse to indict. Only takes a majority and it is not "beyond a reasonable doubt" just more probably true so that makes it look like it's only political (which it is)

I haven't been able to find anything on DOJ moving forward.  Can you link it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:09 pm