Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

North Carolina

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

North Carolina Empty North Carolina

Post by blondy28 Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:30 pm

You'd think I would be somewhat used to the direction that the GOP has taken their states over the last decade or so, but I'm still flabbergasted when I see it.  The GOP in NC advises the dems there are no votes scheduled this morning, so they attend various 9/11 memorial events, only to find out the GOP was holding a vote to override the governor's veto.   This is shameful.  And I can't even blame Trump, because this kind of bullshit started with Michigan before Trump was even elected.  So nationally, the only way they usurp the will of the people is through voter supression and the electoral college, and each state with Republican majorities that happen to have dems elected pass legislation to strip those elected of their power.  I'm astounded.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

North Carolina Empty Re: North Carolina

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:34 pm

I'm not astounded at all.  One thing I've learned with the modern GOP is that if they can get away with it, they'll do it, whether it's illegal, legal, bad taste, bad form, inconsiderate, or whatnot.  Same thing with the Merrick Garland nomination, and with filibustering every single bill during Obama's term, and blocking all of his judge nominations, you name it.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:24 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I'm not astounded at all.  One thing I've learned with the modern GOP is that if they can get away with it, they'll do it, whether it's illegal, legal, bad taste, bad form, inconsiderate, or whatnot.  Same thing with the Merrick Garland nomination, and with filibustering every single bill during Obama's term, and blocking all of his judge nominations, you name it.

I know, but those other things don't seem as blatantly agregious.  They could claim they were "strategic".  When the GOP lies and tells the dems that there are no votes scheduled to ensure that they're not present to vote, that seems over the top, even for them.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:17 am

If you say so, Pam. I find none of their actions surprising.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:09 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:If you say so, Pam.  I find none of their actions surprising.

I can't believe I'm actually typing this, but I agree with Blondy (someone mark the time). It was completely over the top. Of course, when Democrats do it somewhere else, Hannity will be talking about how over the top THAT is!
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:14 am

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:If you say so, Pam.  I find none of their actions surprising.

I can't believe I'm actually typing this, but I agree with Blondy (someone mark the time). It was completely over the top. Of course, when Democrats do it somewhere else, Hannity will be talking about how over the top THAT is!

I would like to see Dems do this stuff back to them immediately after something like this, so that it's like "see how that works?"  If you wait a year or two, the original incident is forgotten and you can feign outrage without any blowback.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:03 pm

alohafri wrote:

C'mon, Aloha...since election day 2016, you have found yourself agreeing with me more that you ever expected.  I'm the fricken voice of reason!
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:20 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I would like to see Dems do this stuff back to them immediately after something like this, so that it's like "see how that works?"  If you wait a year or two, the original incident is forgotten and you can feign outrage without any blowback.

The video of the woman screaming at the speaker should be shared and tweeted and whatever other social media there is for the next two years.  What I find particularly ridiculous is that she continues to call him "Mr. Speaker" as she's chewing him out.  I see that the speaker is saying that he never advised anyone that there would be no votes yesterday, and that doesn't defy common sense at all.  I mean a 2-1/2 month budget stalemate where the GOP was unsuccessful in getting dems to join them in an override vote, then suddenly they have a vote with enough dems absent to override the veto...that's just dumb luck!
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:45 pm

She should have dropped all protocol and just called him asshole over and over. Democrats have grown way to soft and politically correct...Trump and his ilk exploit that. This referring to this guy as "Mr. Speaker" over and over sounded lame to me. Gave him far too much dignity and respect. I HATE hearing Trump called "Mr. President". That's respectfulness that has to be earned.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:22 pm