Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

I feel...

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

I feel... Empty I feel...

Post by blondy28 Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:08 pm

...thoughts and prayers coming on.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

I feel... Empty Re: I feel...

Post by sharpy Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:36 pm

I have a hard time generating any compassion for the people of Texas … seems almost like a justified shooting.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:58 pm

sharpy wrote:I have a hard time generating any compassion for the people of Texas … seems almost like a justified shooting.

If anything, at least they can't keep pushing the narrative that more guns make us safer.  They interviewed a guy who's a spokesperson for the hospital, and he spoke about how they prepare for these types of things so that they have a process in place, and he said if they are well prepared, they don't need FEMA or the Federal Government because they can handle it themselves.  Huh?!  I mean, it's certainly a good thing if your well-rehearsed processes result in lives saved, but geez, we have mass shootings about once a week, and sometimes multiple shootings in a 24-hour period, as was the case with Dayton and El Paso...is whether or not we need FEMA involved something that we're focused on?  

I'm glad that the thoughts and prayers people have been shamed enough that they're actually at least not using that empty rhetoric anymore.  Even the evangelical freak VP didn't say it...although he said that Trump is being updated and he's fully engaged.  Does that comfort people?  

After El Paso, the big orange buffoon and Melania posing with big smiles on their faces while holding the baby whose parents had just been killed demonstrates how tone deaf they are.  The "good news" with this shooting is that one of the victims is a 17-month old baby.  Let's hope the tone deaf duo make it down to see the baby so they can hold her with cheesie grins on their clueless faces.
    joepoe
    joepoe
    Not a Fanboy

Post by joepoe Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:45 am

blondy28 wrote:...thoughts and prayers coming on.
    I feel another lame argument about gun laws coming on...
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:38 am

Yeah, the only solution to this problem is more guns. Arm the moms. Arm the kids. Arm the babies. Arm granny. Everyone just packing heat, waiting for a reason to draw and shoot. Why would we want reforms? All this killin' is fucking awesome.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:51 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Yeah, the only solution to this problem is more guns.  Arm the moms. Arm the kids. Arm the babies. Arm granny. Everyone just packing heat, waiting for a reason to draw and shoot.  Why would we want reforms? All this killin' is fucking awesome.

We shouldn't want reform...it's "lame", I'm told.  Guns are inanimate objects you know.  Don't blame the guns.  I'm proposing that no inanimate objects should be banned.  Cannons.  Hand grenades.  Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go back to organizing my "Opt Out Palatine" demonstration to let Jim Schwantz know that we don't want legal weed to be sold in Palatine.  Much like the concept of smoking section in planes and restaurants, I feel confident that there will no weed smoking in Palatine if we opt out of having a dispensary.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:10 pm

So this is one of the laws that went into effect today in Texas:

HB 1143 — Relating to the transportation or storage of a handgun or other firearm or ammunition by a handgun license holder in a school parking area. Updates the Texas Education Code to prevent school districts from regulating the manner in which a licensed person's handgun, firearm, or ammunition is stored in their vehicle in a school parking area.

So let me get this straight.  If a licensed gun owner chooses to leave his gun on his front seat, he is able to do so?  Yes, the gun lobby will say that nobody would do such a thing because they wouldn't want their gun stolen, but geez, people leave their keys in the ignition of their parked cars all the time, and they don't want their cars stolen...but I digress.  So after the El Paso massacre, Texas felt it was necessary to pass this law.  Why?  What am I missing here?  I'm not reading this to mean that the prior law prohibited guns from being stored in vehicles while that vehicle is on school property, because the law would presumably have language saying that the Texas Education Code is update to allow storage of a firearm in a vehicle, etc.  It specifically references the MANNER of storage.  So again I ask, why was such a law necessary?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:56 pm

One minor thing I have noted is that nations that strongly regulate guns and gun ownership seem not to have mass shootings. I wonder if that's just a coincidence.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:47 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:One minor thing I have noted is that nations that strongly regulate guns and gun ownership seem not to have mass shootings.  I wonder if that's just a coincidence.

Yeah, I've heard that.  I think common sense dictates that those nations don't have video games or mental illness.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:54 am

93% of the population supports improved background checks...a national database.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:13 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:One minor thing I have noted is that nations that strongly regulate guns and gun ownership seem not to have mass shootings.  I wonder if that's just a coincidence.

Tony Perkins says the problem is that our kids are being taught science.  We need to cut that out and allow school prayer, and this problem goes away cuz these shooters will know that Christ loves them and that they're valuable people.  I gotta say that I've been hearing that kinda stuff since I was a kid, and I always had the complete opposite reaction to it.  It sure didn't make me feel valued on any level.  I understand that the big selling point of Christianity is that this God loves Hitler as much as he loves everyone...he's just that awesome and forgiving, and no matter what you do, you will be able to live all eternity in heaven.   Got it.  I'm totally un-spectacular and un-special and on equal footing with Hitler.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:36 pm

Saw where 53 Americans were killed in August in mass shootings.  Also saw where Trump was pressed for comments about Odessa's mass killing and his response was that he's somewhat glad because it could have been worse.  Awesome.  Things are turning around, I guess.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:08 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Saw where 53 Americans were killed in August in mass shootings.  Also saw where Trump was pressed for comments about Odessa's mass killing and his response was that he's somewhat glad because it could have been worse.  Awesome.  Things are turning around, I guess.

Could he find Odessa on a map?
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:25 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Saw where 53 Americans were killed in August in mass shootings.  Also saw where Trump was pressed for comments about Odessa's mass killing and his response was that he's somewhat glad because it could have been worse.  Awesome.  Things are turning around, I guess.

Could he find Odessa on a map?

Could he find Texas??
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:01 pm

I see shooter was denied a gun in 2014 due to background check, so he purchased in a private sale.  I'm guessing the families of the people killed by this lunatic don't find the discussion about gun laws to be "lame"...especially that one about background checks.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:46 am

blondy28 wrote:I see shooter was denied a gun in 2014 due to background check, so he purchased in a private sale.  I'm guessing the families of the people killed by this lunatic don't find the discussion about gun laws to be "lame"...especially that one about background checks.

He didn't need to even buy a gun. He could have borrowed it from his friend Dan Crenshaw, who apparently loans his guns out to his friends for protection.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:41 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:I see shooter was denied a gun in 2014 due to background check, so he purchased in a private sale.  I'm guessing the families of the people killed by this lunatic don't find the discussion about gun laws to be "lame"...especially that one about background checks.

He didn't need to even buy a gun. He could have borrowed it from his friend Dan Crenshaw, who apparently loans his guns out to his friends for protection.

It's utterly amazing to me that a guy that tries to come across as Mr. Everyman (Crenshaw) would come out against background checks and then try arguing that he wants to be able to lend guns to people who wouldn't be able to pass the background check.  I saw AOC completely embarrassing him on Twitter yesterday.  He tried turning the tables and accusing AOC of calling his friends criminals and abusers, which she never said.  When 90+% of the public supports comprehensive background checks, and you're not one of them, you probably need to just remain quiet about it.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:03 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

It's utterly amazing to me that a guy that tries to come across as Mr. Everyman (Crenshaw) would come out against background checks and then try arguing that he wants to be able to lend guns to people who wouldn't be able to pass the background check.  I saw AOC completely embarrassing him on Twitter yesterday.  He tried turning the tables and accusing AOC of calling his friends criminals and abusers, which she never said.  When 90+% of the public supports comprehensive background checks, and you're not one of them, you probably need to just remain quiet about it.

Best I heard was someone wondering if Crenshaw would loan his car to an unlicensed friend.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:18 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I read that exchange, and I think the point he was making is that he never said the people he was loaning guns to had failed background checks, and that there are so many other reasons for loaning people firearms...impromptu hunting excursions, etc.  Dana Loesch chimed in with her experiences as well.  I've made no secret about my feelings about guns, and I like to quote Bill Maher on this issue...he said "I have a gun, but I don't love my gun."  I think our "gun culture"...the attitude about guns...is what really needs to change, and I'm not sure how we do that.  The twitter exchange about loaning people guns exemplified this perfectly to me.  Do the gun folks really loan their guns to people the same way I would loan a purse to my friends?  You hear about all these accidental shootings and the gun people make it sound like those cases are outliers and "responsible gun owners" would never have such accidents, but then Crenshaw makes that comment and it certainly leaves me with the impression that the gun folks simply don't get it.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:10 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I read that exchange, and I think the point he was making is that he never said the people he was loaning guns to had failed background checks, and that there are so many other reasons for loaning people firearms...impromptu hunting excursions, etc.  Dana Loesch chimed in with her experiences as well.  I've made no secret about my feelings about guns, and I like to quote Bill Maher on this issue...he said "I have a gun, but I don't love my gun."  I think our "gun culture"...the attitude about guns...is what really needs to change, and I'm not sure how we do that.  The twitter exchange about loaning people guns exemplified this perfectly to me.  Do the gun folks really loan their guns to people the same way I would loan a purse to my friends?  You hear about all these accidental shootings and the gun people make it sound like those cases are outliers and "responsible gun owners" would never have such accidents, but then Crenshaw makes that comment and it certainly leaves me with the impression that the gun folks simply don't get it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content