Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

Hereby Ordered...

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Hereby Ordered... Empty Hereby Ordered...

Post by alohafri Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:41 pm

to move all production from China. WTF? Everyone here knows I was no fan of Obama, but if Obama had said this, Sean Hannity would be close to being questioned by the Secret Service.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Hereby Ordered... Empty Re: Hereby Ordered...

Post by blondy28 Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:54 pm

alohafri wrote:to move all production from China. WTF? Everyone here knows I was no fan of Obama, but if Obama had said this, Sean Hannity would be close to being questioned by the Secret Service.

Can't figure out why you wouldn't be a fan of Obama.  I mean I "get" that you have some ideological differences, but I still don't get why people have such animosity toward him.  I can sorta see how when the right pushed the anti-Hillary agenda that their voters could sink their teeth into that one.  In fact, as I've said here a few times, my first foray into politics was a Ross Perot vote, and the media push against Hillary made me hate her, and it wasn't until the old show Biography did a show on Hillary that I saw that I realized that my dislike for her was media driven.  But I truly don't get how people on the right that I see commenting on social media have such a venomous hate for the Obamas.  

That being said....Trump is a total lunatic.  I was pretty much busy from the minute I got to work until I left today, and I got a text from my husband, who doesn't usually text me about much during the workday...and he commented about Trump being off his rocker with this stuff.  My husband works in a machine shop, so the tariffs have really impacted them...so anything to do with China affects them directly.  If only the owner of his company had already thought to get their steel from another country, we would have been all set!
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:26 pm

Same here, Pam.  I do very much understand ideological differences with Obama on things regarding abortion, gay rights, minimum wage, taxation and so forth.  That's politics 101.  But I cannot understand the venom for the guy, or even people who claim to dislike HIM, rather than just his policies.  The guy couldn't have been more of a statesman in his 8 yrs.  Always classy.  Never really went low, unless one considers the jokes he told at the correspondents' dinner to be going low.  I feel the same way about Carter, Reagan, both Bushes, and even Clinton (despite his private misgivings).  I'd say the only president in my lifetime I'd say "not really a fan of him" about would be Trump.  I didn't like Bush's policies, but I liked him personally.  Any kind of interview I've seen with people that knew Obama personally say that he was a really caring and nice guy who kept a distance in order to keep some semblance of normalcy in his personal and family life.  I realize some people think he overdid it with testing the limits of executive orders, but that's what presidents tend to do.  They test their power and let the courts sort it out.  He sure as hell didn't test it any more than what I've seen of prior presidents.  Sometimes it withstood judicial scrutiny.  Other times not so much.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:11 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Same here, Pam.  I do very much understand ideological differences with Obama on things regarding abortion, gay rights, minimum wage, taxation and so forth.  That's politics 101.  But I cannot understand the venom for the guy, or even people who claim to dislike HIM, rather than just his policies.  The guy couldn't have been more of a statesman in his 8 yrs.  Always classy.  Never really went low, unless one considers the jokes he told at the correspondents' dinner to be going low.  I feel the same way about Carter, Reagan, both Bushes, and even Clinton (despite his private misgivings).  I'd say the only president in my lifetime I'd say "not really a fan of him" about would be Trump.  I didn't like Bush's policies, but I liked him personally.  Any kind of interview I've seen with people that knew Obama personally say that he was a really caring and nice guy who kept a distance in order to keep some semblance of normalcy in his personal and family life.  I realize some people think he overdid it with testing the limits of executive orders, but that's what presidents tend to do.  They test their power and let the courts sort it out.  He sure as hell didn't test it any more than what I've seen of prior presidents.  Sometimes it withstood judicial scrutiny.  Other times not so much.

The knocks I would hear were about him wanting to be a "celebrity" or that he acted like he was smarter than everyone else.  Both of those amused me given that Obama's crowds had little to do with HIM wanting to be a celebrity (and geez, look who they approve by, what 90%), but the Bush folks think Obama acted like he was smarter?  George Bush would say something and then he would always say "in other words", like he had to explain everything.  Of course, his "in other words" was him literally saying the same thing he just said.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:48 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Same here, Pam.  I do very much understand ideological differences with Obama on things regarding abortion, gay rights, minimum wage, taxation and so forth.  That's politics 101.  But I cannot understand the venom for the guy, or even people who claim to dislike HIM, rather than just his policies.  The guy couldn't have been more of a statesman in his 8 yrs.  Always classy.  Never really went low, unless one considers the jokes he told at the correspondents' dinner to be going low.  I feel the same way about Carter, Reagan, both Bushes, and even Clinton (despite his private misgivings).  I'd say the only president in my lifetime I'd say "not really a fan of him" about would be Trump.  I didn't like Bush's policies, but I liked him personally.  Any kind of interview I've seen with people that knew Obama personally say that he was a really caring and nice guy who kept a distance in order to keep some semblance of normalcy in his personal and family life.  I realize some people think he overdid it with testing the limits of executive orders, but that's what presidents tend to do.  They test their power and let the courts sort it out.  He sure as hell didn't test it any more than what I've seen of prior presidents.  Sometimes it withstood judicial scrutiny.  Other times not so much.

I meant to say this before...and I think I've posted this a few times as well.  I put a lot of stock in the opinions of people who know public figures on a personal level more than the opinions held by the public.  I figure they know the real people.  And I hold in particularly high regard the opinions of people who I already like myself.  So an example would be the Bushes.  I really like the Obamas, and by all outward appearances, and even reported by folks who know them, the Obamas really like George and Laura Bush.  That carries a lot of weight with me.  I probably will never like George the way Michelle Obama does, but certainly my opinion of him has gotten better as a result of that, and I even think their interactions are rather charming.  I know the right went crazy when John McCain said Obama was a good man who he just happened to disagree with.  In my world, that alters my opinion.  It's not going to make me vote for him, but it would think more of him.  All it did for the GOP voters was to make them like John McCain less.  And look at what the people who know Trump on a personal level think of him.  Not very much.  I can't stand him, but my fool proof back-up method confirms that my opinion is spot on.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:39 am

Where did I say anything "venomous"? All I said I wasn't a fan of his. It's like me saying "I'm not a fan of the Colorado Rockies". Trump is a lunatic. Trump is the cubs to me. 
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:17 pm

alohafri wrote:

Where did I say anything "venomous"? All I said I wasn't a fan of his. It's like me saying "I'm not a fan of the Colorado Rockies". Trump is a lunatic. Trump is the cubs to me. 

You didn't.  I referenced what I read on social media (which I categorize as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram) by people on the right.  I don't even consider you to be on the right as much as I do right of center.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:30 pm

Really?  You really don't know why Obama was personally hated??  really?  Why people hated his "ape" wife?  Why people hated his "uppity" attitude?  Really? you don't understand why he was hated by some people??
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:05 pm

No shit. Ideology had little to do with. Even if you disagreed with his politics he was a very intelligent and decent man who deeply loved his country. He was also respected and liked by the vast majority of other leaders on the world stage. Make no bones about it, he was hated with a passion by many primarily because he was one of those "negras" and a good many right wing whites just couldn't wrap their heads around the idea of someone of his ilk leading the country. Do I believe EVERYBODY who absolutely despised Obama was a racist? Of course not. Only about 85% of them.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:47 am

Sorry Kev. I didnt mean to imply that YOU said anything venomous. You surely did not.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:32 pm

cream919 wrote:No shit. Ideology had little to do with. Even if you disagreed with his politics he was a very intelligent and decent man who deeply loved his country. He was also respected and liked by the vast majority of other leaders on the world stage. Make no bones about it, he was hated with a passion by many primarily because he was one of those "negras" and a good many right wing whites just couldn't wrap their heads around the idea of someone of his ilk leading the country. Do I believe EVERYBODY who absolutely despised Obama was a racist? Of course not. Only about 85% of them.

Yeah, racism is part of it, but I don't even think that the majority of those who despised him at Hitler-like levels were necessarily the racists.  As I learned by perusing Storm Front message boards, the white supremist folks actually hate the jews far more than brown people and there was even a post asking who they would vote for if a jew was opposing Obama in an election, and they would vote for Obama.

But I'm not really talking about those crazies.  I'm really thinking of the others, who say things like "the sound of his voice makes my skin crawl".  Why?  I think part of it is that there aren't many "stars" in the Republican party.  Nobody who has the total package.  Brains, looks, personality, etc.  I hate to be petty (but here I go)...I cannot imagine voting for Mitch McConnell.  He's repulsive physically, so I can't even watch him speak...which he doesn't do very well (he's very slurry).   I think maybe that's one of the reasons that the right loved Sarah Palin.  They felt like she was well spoken (as long as someone wrote something for her), attractive, and crowds lined up to see her.  But in general, I think that the right would love to find "their" Obama...which is why I think they hate him so much.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:55 pm

And I also think that there's some animosity when dems do something historic.  The Republicans had the first woman supreme court justice and the first black one.  Even though they don't promote women and minorities I think they like to have examples that they can point to to show that they're not racist and they find women equals.  When Obama got the nomination and ultimately won, many people said he wasn't really the first  black president because he's half white.  I think they want the first woman president so bad they can taste it.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:00 pm

And..oh...Obama's "arrogant" and an "elitest".  You know, because he eats arugala and drinks dark beer.  By contrast, the big orange buffoon announces at rallies that the people who "think" they're elite aren't really elite because he's far more elite than they are because he has more money.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:04 am