Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

Omar's smile

jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Omar's smile Empty Omar's smile

Post by jaywit Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:43 pm

Totally superficial take on a totally polarizing figure, but does anyone have a better smile than Ilhan Omar?  I remember watching her skewer Elliot Abrams with the most barbed words but with the softest smile.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Omar's smile Empty Re: Omar's smile

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:39 pm

She's beautiful.  Seems at times she's a bit in over her head in terms of the ins and outs of handling herself as a congresswoman, but I'll bet that in the Muslim dating circles she's considered a real catch.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:15 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:She's beautiful.  Seems at times she's a bit in over her head in terms of the ins and outs of handling herself as a congresswoman, but I'll bet that in the Muslim dating circles she's considered a real catch.

I suspect she knew that she would receive some attention as a Muslim, but I can't imagine that she's any more over her head than any freshman congress person.  It's unfortunate that she can't just settle in and learn like most freshman can, but the GOP won't allow that.  I suspect that they're trying to send a message to other Muslims that they won't have an easy time in congress so they ought not try to run.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:41 pm

For the record, I have the never-ending hots for AOC.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:37 am

cream919 wrote:For the record, I have the never-ending hots for AOC.

She is very pretty, too.  Might be a bit high maintenance to date her in terms of dealing with how much of a control freak she is, but I like tough-ass women like her.  Reminds me of my own wife.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:01 pm

High maintenance??? She was a bartender for crying out loud. She's done more manual labor in one day than the piece of shit Trump has done in his entire miserable life.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:46 am

I don't mean that kinda high maintenance, Cream. She's a bad ass and a hard worker. I love her. But she might be a bit demanding and hard to handle for a typical dude, in terms of her willingness to make herself heard. Wouldn't bother me any but I know guys that prefer more passive momen. She ain't passive.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:02 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I don't mean that kinda high maintenance, Cream. She's a bad ass and a hard worker. I love her. But she might be a bit demanding and hard to handle for a typical dude, in terms of her willingness to make herself heard.  Wouldn't bother me any but I know guys that prefer more passive momen.  She ain't passive.

Have you watched Knock Down the House yet?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:04 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:I don't mean that kinda high maintenance, Cream. She's a bad ass and a hard worker. I love her. But she might be a bit demanding and hard to handle for a typical dude, in terms of her willingness to make herself heard.  Wouldn't bother me any but I know guys that prefer more passive momen.  She ain't passive.

Yes, I loved it and I love her.  She's intelligent and opinionated.  I know a lot of dudes that can't handle that, and who consider that high maintenance.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:31 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Yes, I loved it and I love her.  She's intelligent and opinionated.  I know a lot of dudes that can't handle that, and who consider that high maintenance.

I bawled like a baby when she was outside her election night party and she was running in, having realized she was up with 80% reporting.  As I posted previously, I had seen the footage of her inside the bar that they were showing live election night, but seeing her when she just found out was pretty amazing.   With her primary coming last of the 4, it was that much more dramatic. I was floored that Joe Crowley didn't even show up at a debate with her!  The other very sad part of the documentary was when the candidate in Nevada talked about her daughter passing away because she didn't have insurance.  The pictures of her laying in the hospital bed with her before they took her off the machines...just awful.  I thought she had a shot of winning.  The West Virginia candidate was awful, but the coal thing is one of the issues that baffles me.  I mean, I kinda get why people who are near retirement and who work in a mine would be pro-coal, but I'm dumbfounded when the Trump crazies in places like Wisconsin cheer like lunatics when he talks about saving the coal industry.  I shouldn't be shocked that there are issues that to me should be bipartisan...like clean air, for example.  To this day I still have no idea why the GOP was anti-Roger Clemens' trainer in the congressional hearing, other than they had to take a position opposite the dems.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:36 am