Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

20 strikeouts?

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

20 strikeouts? Empty 20 strikeouts?

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:12 pm

20 strikeouts today?  By the other team?  Usually I would expect that to be Sox hitters having 20 K's.  I'm not getting all fanboy or anything, but 20 K's is noteworthy for a 9 inning game.  14 by Lopez in 6 inns...holy shit, that's a nice game.  Too bad our defense gave up the unnecessary run early in the game.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

20 strikeouts? Empty Re: 20 strikeouts?

Post by sharpy Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:12 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:20 strikeouts today?  By the other team?  Usually I would expect that to be Sox hitters having 20 K's.  I'm not getting all fanboy or anything, but 20 K's is noteworthy for a 9 inning game.  14 by Lopez in 6 inns...holy shit, that's a nice game.  Too bad our defense gave up the unnecessary run early in the game.

Did they Win?  HAHA bounce Rolling Eyes
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:26 pm

sharpy wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:20 strikeouts today?  By the other team?  Usually I would expect that to be Sox hitters having 20 K's.  I'm not getting all fanboy or anything, but 20 K's is noteworthy for a 9 inning game.  14 by Lopez in 6 inns...holy shit, that's a nice game.  Too bad our defense gave up the unnecessary run early in the game.

Did they Win?  HAHA bounce Rolling Eyes
    While it's a feat, it's not the feat it use to be.  Contact hitting is mostly a thing of the past.  I don't know how many people choke up the bat like they used to.  I always remember Glen Beckert, tough guy to ever strike out, decent batting average.  I don't know of any guys like that anymore.

Nolan Ryan's career strikeout record is safe because of the sharp decline in innings pitched by starters.  Imagine if some hard throwing hoss came around in today's game and pitched complete games.  Single season strikeout record would easily be eclipsed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:12 am