Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+3
frank bonifacic
alohafri
SoxIlliniRob
7 posters

Eloy Jimenez

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Eloy Jimenez Empty Eloy Jimenez

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:54 pm

I know Blondy has been verklempt about the trade of Eloy for Quintana.  After watching him hit for a few weeks, I can kind of see why, but after watching him play the outfield, I can see why Theo wasn't sure he was a part of the future on the north side.  There are literally no words to describe the level of awfulness that his defensive ability is.  I've only seen him make a dozen plays or so this year, along with seeing him not quite make another half dozen.  He is positively the worst left fielder I can recall watching at any time in recent years.  I may have seen worse at some point, but if I did, I've forgotten about it.  He has DH written all over him, and perhaps the Cubs brass didn't see where he fits in.  

The key to that trade is now looking like it may have been the Sox getting Dylan Cease, who appears ready to come to the majors and make a real impact.  He was a throw in and suddenly became good while toiling with the Sox minor league system.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Eloy Jimenez Empty Re: Eloy Jimenez

Post by alohafri Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:26 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I know Blondy has been verklempt about the trade of Eloy for Quintana.  After watching him hit for a few weeks, I can kind of see why, but after watching him play the outfield, I can see why Theo wasn't sure he was a part of the future on the north side.  There are literally no words to describe the level of awfulness that his defensive ability is.  I've only seen him make a dozen plays or so this year, along with seeing him not quite make another half dozen.  He is positively the worst left fielder I can recall watching at any time in recent years.  I may have seen worse at some point, but if I did, I've forgotten about it.  He has DH written all over him, and perhaps the Cubs brass didn't see where he fits in.  

The key to that trade is now looking like it may have been the Sox getting Dylan Cease, who appears ready to come to the majors and make a real impact.  He was a throw in and suddenly became good while toiling with the Sox minor league system.

Yeah, he's bloody awful in the field. He will make a great DH. Cubbie already has Schwarber on their team, another DH who is forced to play the outfield.
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:19 am

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:I know Blondy has been verklempt about the trade of Eloy for Quintana.  After watching him hit for a few weeks, I can kind of see why, but after watching him play the outfield, I can see why Theo wasn't sure he was a part of the future on the north side.  There are literally no words to describe the level of awfulness that his defensive ability is.  I've only seen him make a dozen plays or so this year, along with seeing him not quite make another half dozen.  He is positively the worst left fielder I can recall watching at any time in recent years.  I may have seen worse at some point, but if I did, I've forgotten about it.  He has DH written all over him, and perhaps the Cubs brass didn't see where he fits in.  

Yeah, he's bloody awful in the field. He will make a great DH. Cubbie already has Schwarber on their team, another DH who is forced to play the outfield.
    The only saving grace is that he's only 23. While he'll never be a star in the outfield or maybe never more than adequate, he still has a chance to improve.
    To use your example, Schwarber has improved his fielding quite a bit, which gets him close to adequate.
    s0ch0a
    Not a Fanboy

Post by s0ch0a Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:28 pm

So who’s the Sox's minor league outfield instructor? After a year in the system , he’s got to be a little better than what he’s shown.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:08 am

s0ch0a wrote:So who’s the Sox's minor league outfield instructor? 

His loyalty to Jerry Reinsdorf is unquestionable!
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:23 pm

I have not seen him play, but Quintana is finally looking less like hot vomit in a bag.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Wed May 01, 2019 6:54 pm

I have not seen him play, but Quintana is finally looking less like hot vomit in a bag.

Yea, well it's only April .. no big games yet   Razz
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed May 01, 2019 8:54 pm

sharpy wrote:I have not seen him play, but Quintana is finally looking less like hot vomit in a bag.

Yea, well it's only April .. no big games yet   Razz

Two huge series coming up.  We shall see how he does.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:13 pm

alohafri wrote:

Eloy hit the game winning shot and didn't even live up to his billing by screwing up in the field (although I think he was one of the three that just watched that bloop shot land in short center), so I'm back to calling it the worst trade since Brock/Broglio.
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:00 am

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Eloy hit the game winning shot and didn't even live up to his billing by screwing up in the field (although I think he was one of the three that just watched that bloop shot land in short center), so I'm back to calling it the worst trade since Brock/Broglio.
    If you had an opportunity to read Gordon in Times yesterday, Maddon said gettin Quintana was like much needed oxygen and they don't do what they did without him. They were 51/2 games out when they got him and they went 10-4 in his games. He is also one of only 4 pitchers to have more than 32 starts in 3 consecutive years.
    Maddon talked about they had him and gave relief to his staff.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:52 am

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

He's a terrible outfielder, but I'll take the hitting.  It's not YET a terrible trade, but it has the ability to be one in the longer term.  The Cubs have gotten production (some good, some bad) out of Quintana, and there's still an argument that they don't win the division without this trade two seasons ago.  Q is no longer the pitcher he was with the Sox.  Not sure if he got old, or is playing through an injury, or is just bad now.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:04 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Rosebowl is calling it potentially worse than Brock/Broglio.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:36 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Well, Q has given the Cubs more than Broglio ever did.  We'll see if we get a Hall of Fame career out of Eloy.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:46 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Well, Q has given the Cubs more than Broglio ever did.  We'll see if we get a Hall of Fame career out of Eloy.

And today he gave it all back.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:42 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Until he goes into a slump and then he'll be calling him a bust - BRB tends to change courses every now and then 
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:38 pm

Yeah...about 10 times a week. Not that he ever tends to overstate things.  Rolling Eyes
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:01 pm

cream919 wrote:Yeah...about 10 times a week. Not that he ever tends to overstate things.  Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content