Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+4
telefrank
cream919
frank bonifacic
Shooters Buffet
8 posters

A whole new meaning!!

Shooters Buffet
    Not a Fanboy

A whole new meaning!! Empty A whole new meaning!!

Post by Shooters Buffet Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:47 am

WIN NOW-RELOAD has taken on a whole new meaning in baseball.  Especially in the D.C. area.

Murph ahead of the curve, as usual.
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

A whole new meaning!! Empty Re: A whole new meaning!!

Post by frank bonifacic Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:33 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:WIN NOW-RELOAD has taken on a whole new meaning in baseball.  Especially in the D.C. area.

Murph ahead of the curve, as usual.
    Has Kark found this board.
    He'd be all over this quote.
    Shooters Buffet
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Shooters Buffet Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:34 pm

Back in the AOL Board days, there was no politics.

The HATEFUL rhetoric was introduced by Coach and Kark.

If I was interested in what Michael Savage has to say, I could listen to him.  I did not need a daily summation from Kark.
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:40 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:Back in the AOL Board days, there was no politics.

The HATEFUL rhetoric was introduced by Coach and Kark.

If I was interested in what Michael Savage has to say, I could listen to him.  I did not need a daily summation from Kark.
    I agree-but when I saw the topic and quote it teminded me of something I'd expect fro
    Kark. Occasionally check old board and his discussion with roger are still loaded with insults
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:32 pm

Why can't this board just concede the FACT that this Kark guy is about 2 cards short of a full deck. I don't know why this is so difficult. When he has no one to argue with he starts answering himself on a fucking message board. I don't know when the cheese slid off his cracker but somewhere along the way it certainly has. It's one thing to argue something back and forth, it's another to just keep hammering away and never even admitting the possibility you might just be wrong. He likes to say  that his demeanor merely reflects an internet persona. To this I would say I've seen enough spew forth from him to come to the conclusion that he's full of shit and the things that endlessly pour out of him are the true reflection of his personality and character. He's run several off the old board and the reason I cut back so much on posting was because I just grew tired of his shit. 

Why anybody continues to engage him is beyond me. It's an effort in absolute futility.
    telefrank
    telefrank
    Not a Fanboy

Post by telefrank Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:25 pm

May I point out I was the one who was attempting to stop the politics on AOL. All I got from most of the regulars was First Amendment bullshit. Then I locked out Kark and the board was so much better. Then came the after AOL board and his nonsense was at least not in with the baseball threads. Once again I locked him out. 
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:35 pm

cream919 wrote:Why can't this board just concede the FACT that this Kark guy is about 2 cards short of a full deck. I don't know why this is so difficult. When he has no one to argue with he starts answering himself on a fucking message board. I don't know when the cheese slid off his cracker but somewhere along the way it certainly has. It's one thing to argue something back and forth, it's another to just keep hammering away and never even admitting the possibility you might just be wrong. He likes to say  that his demeanor merely reflects an internet persona. To this I would say I've seen enough spew forth from him to come to the conclusion that he's full of shit and the things that endlessly pour out of him are the true reflection of his personality and character. He's run several off the old board and the reason I cut back so much on posting was because I just grew tired of his shit. 

Why anybody continues to engage him is beyond me. It's an effort in absolute futility.

He is just as bad with baseball discussions!
    Fanboy For Life
    Fanboy For Life
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Fanboy For Life Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:44 am

The I am pissed at the World act gets old.  Maybe he has zero say at home and lashes the Hell out from his work computer.

Either way, I really do not care how many hits Avi gets due to ground balls.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:21 pm

Fanboy For Life wrote:The I am pissed at the World act gets old.  Maybe he has zero say at home and lashes the Hell out from his work computer.

I am beginning to think that those who are most pissed off at everything are those who listen to political talk radio/television all day. They can't enjoy the world around them.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:23 pm

I am beginning to think that those who are most pissed off at everything are those who listen to political talk radio/television all day. They can't enjoy the world around them.

I'm in total agreement with this. Regardless the political leaning, this rabid obsession with political media and its rabid hyperbole has virtually become a personality disorder. It's bred misplaced hatred and pitted American against American. In the background, of course, all the people breeding this insanity are making money hand over fist.  
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:24 pm

cream919 wrote:I am beginning to think that those who are most pissed off at everything are those who listen to political talk radio/television all day. They can't enjoy the world around them.

I'm in total agreement with this. Regardless the political leaning, this rabid obsession with political media and its rabid hyperbole has virtually become a personality disorder. It's bred misplaced hatred and pitted American against American. In the background, of course, all the people breeding this insanity are making money hand over fist.  

And what most of them don't know is that this is a form of entertainment. They are trying to get people riled up. And if the other political side offered them more money, they'd jump ship!
    Fanboy For Life
    Fanboy For Life
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Fanboy For Life Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:55 am

There is a real problem when the President of the United States is concerned with what these idiots say.  A REAL PROBLEM.

This would be akin to Frank Thomas going up to hit and looking into the 500 Level for Murph's approval.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:13 am

Fanboy For Life wrote:There is a real problem when the President of the United States is concerned with what these idiots say.  A REAL PROBLEM.

This would be akin to Frank Thomas going up to hit and looking into the 500 Level for Murph's approval.

Bob, the sad thing is that he isn't the only politician looking for approval from these talking head dopes. They fear what these morons could say about them and "ruin" their careers so the kowtow to them.
    Fanboy For Life
    Fanboy For Life
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Fanboy For Life Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:54 am

The simple fact that the talking head idiots can influence a large voting block is a reflection on the rank stupidity of the American People.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:06 pm

telefrank wrote:May I point out I was the one who was attempting to stop the politics on AOL. All I got from most of the regulars was First Amendment bullshit. Then I locked out Kark and the board was so much better. Then came the after AOL board and his nonsense was at least not in with the baseball threads. Once again I locked him out. 

It wasn't the political commentary that was the problem.  it was the insulting and offensive way a certain poster or two went about having them.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:07 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Fanboy For Life wrote:The I am pissed at the World act gets old.  Maybe he has zero say at home and lashes the Hell out from his work computer.

I call it Angry White Man Syndrome.  Those channels get you all angry and frothy.
    telefrank
    telefrank
    Not a Fanboy

Post by telefrank Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:54 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    telefrank wrote:May I point out I was the one who was attempting to stop the politics on AOL. All I got from most of the regulars was First Amendment bullshit. Then I locked out Kark and the board was so much better. Then came the after AOL board and his nonsense was at least not in with the baseball threads. Once again I locked him out. 

It wasn't the political commentary that was the problem.  it was the insulting and offensive way a certain poster or two went about having them.
    By the time he'd morphed into all that I was in the bliss of a message board without him. Why it took the rest of you so long is just beyond me. 
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:20 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:

And, as I mentioned, it's not just in politics he's insulting and offensive. Just check out the actual baseball posts.
    Fanboy For Life
    Fanboy For Life
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Fanboy For Life Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:04 am

He wakes up pissed off and goes to sleep pissed off.

Life is too damned short.

I doubt some radio talk show host, a politician or two or the Chicago White Sox are going to help him to a happy place.
    telefrank
    telefrank
    Not a Fanboy

Post by telefrank Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:13 am

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

And, as I mentioned, it's not just in politics he's insulting and offensive. Just check out the actual baseball posts.
    No sorry Rob, I have Trump and the GOP to get pissed off about. I don't need a small narrow minded goof who found a place to act like a big shot. 
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:41 pm

I honestly believe that many people who are so obsessed with political talk shows wouldn't know unbiased news if it hit them in the face Everything that isn't part of their political leanings is "fake" news.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:24 pm

It's not just political talk shows...it's almost everything in every walk of life. Belief systems in anything operate on the premise that you are right and the other guy is wrong. What you believe in is good and the best...everything else is wrong and bad. We're taught from an early age to form our allegiances and belief systems. We say the pledge of allegiance and are loyal to OUR country....that's good...in the cold war the Russians were the "evil empire" and Russians who were loyal to their country were commies and bad. Baptists believe in born again salvation and think Catholics and Jews are hell bound...Catholics revere the Virgin mother and think the Baptists have got it all wrong. Your sports team is worthy of your support...the other team sucks. I like rock'n'roll...you like country...I have better taste than you. 

We've become so competitive and self-absorbed in virtually all facets of our lives that it is ruining us as a country. My point of view is better than your point of view and fuck you! Doesn't matter how much sense you make...you're STILL wrong!!  Twisted Evil
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:58 am

cream919 wrote:It's not just political talk shows...it's almost everything in every walk of life. Belief systems in anything operate on the premise that you are right and the other guy is wrong. What you believe in is good and the best...everything else is wrong and bad. We're taught from an early age to form our allegiances and belief systems. We say the pledge of allegiance and are loyal to OUR country....that's good...in the cold war the Russians were the "evil empire" and Russians who were loyal to their country were commies and bad. Baptists believe in born again salvation and think Catholics and Jews are hell bound...Catholics revere the Virgin mother and think the Baptists have got it all wrong. Your sports team is worthy of your support...the other team sucks. I like rock'n'roll...you like country...I have better taste than you. 

We've become so competitive and self-absorbed in virtually all facets of our lives that it is ruining us as a country. My point of view is better than your point of view and fuck you! Doesn't matter how much sense you make...you're STILL wrong!!  Twisted Evil

This is very true. But, add in the prevalence of talk radio (be it political or sports) and social media (again, political or sports), and you can surround yourself with people you don't know who share your beliefs and may be even more radical than you are, and you start to become even more radical yourself. And don't you dare listen to the other side because they are liars!
    Fanboy For Life
    Fanboy For Life
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Fanboy For Life Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:37 am

I will think for myself and feel no need to be on a LEFT or RIGHT political Fanboy Team!!
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:03 pm

cream919 wrote:It's not just political talk shows...it's almost everything in every walk of life. Belief systems in anything operate on the premise that you are right and the other guy is wrong. What you believe in is good and the best...everything else is wrong and bad. We're taught from an early age to form our allegiances and belief systems. We say the pledge of allegiance and are loyal to OUR country....that's good...in the cold war the Russians were the "evil empire" and Russians who were loyal to their country were commies and bad. Baptists believe in born again salvation and think Catholics and Jews are hell bound...Catholics revere the Virgin mother and think the Baptists have got it all wrong. Your sports team is worthy of your support...the other team sucks. I like rock'n'roll...you like country...I have better taste than you. 

Christians don't recognize the Jews as God's chosen people.
    Jews don't recognize Christ as the Messiah;
    Protestants don't recognize the Catholic Church as true Christians
    Orthodox Catholics don't recognize the pope as the head of the Church.
    Baptists don't recognize fellow parishioners in the liquor store.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content