Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+2
SoxIlliniRob
blondy28
6 posters

"I'm fucked"

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

"I'm fucked" - Page 2 Empty Re: "I'm fucked"

Post by blondy28 Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:52 pm

cream919 wrote:Romney talks tough but waffles about as much as Lindsey Graham. If push comes to shove he'll be firmly in Trump's corner just like all the other party before country assholes.

Susan Collins is another one.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:56 pm

cream919 wrote:He's not of the "cult of personality" and wouldn't get reelected if he ran against me.

I agree. Pence looks like a maggot wearing a suit and generates about as much excitement as a bowl of soup. And while not quite on the level of Trump, "Mr. Evangelical Christian" is a fucking liar to boot. He's a strange man. 

I don't profess to know all that much about him.  Obvs I know of his anti-LGBT positions, but seems I read how his family screwed over the taxpayers with their chain of gas stations.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:35 pm

blondy28 wrote:Page 15...how is this not proof of conspiring with Russia?

"I'm fucked" - Page 2 Treaso10
    It sure seems like Trump Jr and Kushner could be indicted.  And doing so may go a long way for a long time.  I don't think the Trump-induced trance of the far right ends with the end of Trump's presidency.  Either of these two assholes could be future republican presidential hopefuls.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:42 pm

jaywit wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:Page 15...how is this not proof of conspiring with Russia?

"I'm fucked" - Page 2 Treaso10
    It sure seems like Trump Jr and Kushner could be indicted.  And doing so may go a long way for a long time.  I don't think the Trump-induced trance of the far right ends with the end of Trump's presidency.  Either of these two assholes could be future republican presidential hopefuls.

If this becomes the next dynasty, look for Ivanka to be next in line.  That's one of the things the right likes to do.  They are pretty much white men, and they know that the left prides itself on being a big tent in terms of gender, religion, etc.  But the right had the first black and woman SCOTUS.  So if they keep the Trump dynasty going, I look for Ivanka being the candidate.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:18 pm

And still ….approval rating - 40% .. GOP senators - behind him … TEA PARTY - strong as ever. 

"I could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and not lose a vote"  

Country is in a very bad place - very bad.  The economy is great. Unemployment is way down. Everyone goes home to a chicken in every pot - and many millions are missing the really big picture.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:58 pm

YEP!
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:34 pm

sharpy wrote:And still ….approval rating - 40% .. GOP senators - behind him … TEA PARTY - strong as ever. 

"I could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and not lose a vote"  

Country is in a very bad place - very bad.  The economy is great. Unemployment is way down. Everyone goes home to a chicken in every pot - and many millions are missing the really big picture.

The thing is, the economy was great in 2016, but the big orange lunatic actually convinced his cult members that the 4.8% unemployment rate was actually 40% and that didn't even include the under employed who had accepted lower wage jobs.  Even in 2008 when the economy crashed I didn't know anybody personally who was unemployed.  So when it was down to 4.8% in 2016, did people think that the 40% "real" unemployment rate was just people they didn't know?  How else do people with even two working brain cells believe that?  Or the people who claim our healthcare system was just great until Obama tinkered with it.  WHAT?  It sucked.  And every person I've ever spoken to except Rob, who brags about his wife's super insurance, has said our system is the biggest scam on the planet. And honestly, I'm not even convinced that Rob's insurance is that great.  I mean on paper, maybe, but when you have to really use the insurance is when you find out what a shit show it is.  And our prescription drugs are insanely expensive and Trump isn't doing a damned thing.  He just tells his cult followers "I'll replace Obamacare with something terrific".  College is $65,000/year and getting more expensive, and the right says nothing about it.  Are any Trump voters middle class people?  Do they not have medical bills and kids going to college?  I also don't get how his followers can be so pro-Israel but so anti-Semitic.  Yes, I get that they are pro-Israel because they believe it's where their savior lived/died and will return, but they love Netanyahu, and the Jews IN Israel, yet they're shooting up Synagogues and they hate the Jews here.  Trump's comment today after the shooting is the height of idiocy.  “At this moment it looks like a hate crime. Hard to believe.” Hard to believe? You're a hateful racist and you send the message to your lunatic followers that this is acceptable. C
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:51 pm

Our insurance really is insanely good, and I think it's total bullshit that I am entitled to better, faster, or more affordable care than you. That is just flat out wrong. Verizon spends $22k per yr on this benefit, on top of the couple grand we kick in. It's like some kind of damn healthcare lottery.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:57 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Our insurance really is insanely good, and I think it's total bullshit that I am entitled to better, faster, or more affordable care than you. That is just flat out wrong.   Verizon spends $22k per yr on this benefit, on top of the couple grand we kick in.  It's like some kind of damn healthcare lottery.

What do you mean by "insanely good"?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:30 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Our insurance really is insanely good, and I think it's total bullshit that I am entitled to better, faster, or more affordable care than you. That is just flat out wrong.   Verizon spends $22k per yr on this benefit, on top of the couple grand we kick in.  It's like some kind of damn healthcare lottery.

You're entitled to better, faster, or more affordable care than I am?  Why do you think that?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:07 am

I think that because we pay $0 deductible for anything, ever. Co-pays are minimal.  Basically, under Verizon coverage, you never need to consider the financial aspects of any kind of treatment you are considering.  You just go and get it.  It's great, and I don't see why everyone can't have similar coverage.  Shit, I get some kind of repair every year...knee arthroscopy, hernia repair, shoulder fixed, Achilles repair.  I see the doc, get an MRI a day later, and go into surgery within 14-21 days, and get a bill for like $25.  Sometimes $100 if the anesthesiologist was out of network.

If you could do the same, then my bad, but I get the impression that your health is taking a significant financial toll on your family, and I think that sucks.

Mind you, I would hope you'd not think about what I say about our health coverage as "bragging" because while I believe it to be very good, I'd give it up in a heartbeat if it could be replaced by something that would afford similar care to the whole country on a fairly equal basis.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:40 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I think that because we pay $0 deductible for anything, ever. Co-pays are minimal.  Basically, under Verizon coverage, you never need to consider the financial aspects of any kind of treatment you are considering.  You just go and get it.  It's great, and I don't see why everyone can't have similar coverage.  Shit, I get some kind of repair every year...knee arthroscopy, hernia repair, shoulder fixed, Achilles repair.  I see the doc, get an MRI a day later, and go into surgery within 14-21 days, and get a bill for like $25.  Sometimes $100 if the anesthesiologist was out of network.

If you could do the same, then my bad, but I get the impression that your health is taking a significant financial toll on your family, and I think that sucks.

Mind you, I would hope you'd not think about what I say about our health coverage as "bragging" because while I believe it to be very good, I'd give it up in a heartbeat if it could be replaced by something that would afford similar care to the whole country on a fairly equal basis.

I misunderstood your comment.  

Yes, our insurance sucks, but my inability to have care last year was actually due to a combination of things...the tax scam which raised my taxes 5%, Gab and Jake transferring from community college to 4-year institutions, and my husband's company eliminating their 70% reimbursement of our $5,000 deductible.  

I was just teasing you about "bragging".  I actually really appreciate hearing everyone's personal experiences on any host of topics.  Living in one of the bluest of blue states, I value the input we get, for example, from Sharpy and Cream on their hillbilly states (I'm allowed to make fun of hillbillies since my husband's family is from Pembine. Wisconsin...northern hillbillies).  My larger point about insurance is that even with a plan that allows you to get good care at no cost to you, I still think insurance companies are a shit show.  I recall a poll many years ago about which companies people hated the most, and 1 and 2 were cable companies and insurance companies.  In 1998, we had pretty good coverage.  It wasn't the 100% company paid, $250 deductible plans that were quite common in the late 80s, but by today's standards, it was quite good.  $250 deductible, $1500 out of pocket limit.  I got pregnant in November of 1997, so the bulk of my pregnancy care took place in 1998.   I saw my doctor once a week since I was high risk.  I had ultrasounds each and every time I went.  I had multiple hospital admissions.  I had gestational diabetes, and had to see a nutritionist.  After one of my admissions, they released me and set me up with home monitoring, where you would put a belt on your stomach and it would detect contractions (with multiples, you can get so large that you can't feel contractions).  I would monitor twice a day and then put the belt into a machine that would transmit my contraction output through the phone line.  In the evening my nurse would call me to tell me how many contractions I had.  Back in 1998, the cost of that was $800/day, and I was on home monitoring for 2 months.  A few days before my kids were born, I was again admitted to the hospital due to contractions being at an emergency status.  It took a couple of days for them to figure out I was having kidney failure, at which time they delivered my trio via c-section.  I was in the hospital for another 5 days, and my kids were in the NICU for 5 weeks.  When they were released, they were each sent home on heart monitors, which they had for another 2 months.  When Jake was 8 pounds, he had surgery for a hernia, which normally was outpatient, but due to him being a preemie, he was admitted for a day.  As fall approached, my kids got RSV vaccines...which are a monthly vaccine for 7 months.  A nurse came to our house to administer the vaccines.  The vaccines alone were $1200-$1800 (dose varied by weight) per child, plus the cost of the nurse.  There are many other less memorable medical services that we tallied that year.  Our stack of EOBs were probably a foot high.  Do you have any idea how often I was on the phone with the insurance company?  My calls weren't because of issues with coverage...but because of the number of errors on how they processed the medical bills.  Nothing draws the attention to errors more than having 3 kids having the same services at the same time.  And the errors were never in our favor...not once.  As you know, insurance companies would give bonuses to employees based on their rejection numbers.  I'm sure people who had a few medical issues each year wouldn't even review their EOBs for accuracy, and even if they did, sometimes you're not aware of what the law says about many things.  For example, if I were you, I would check to see what the law says about anesthesiologist coverage.  If memory serves, an out-of-network anesthesiologist should be covered at the in-network rate if your procedure is at an in-network hospital or if your surgeon is in-network.  This was one of the errors that I learned months, and even years after the fact and the insurance company had to reimburse us for the incorrectly processed EOBs.  

Our system is a shit show, and insurance companies are awful.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:29 pm

Our system is a shit show, and insurance companies are awful.

Its not a shit show - its capitalism, where the product being wagered on is everyone's health. When you play the ponies, you look over the field and place your money on the ones you think will win and the ones you think are nags, you hope finish last and don't give a shit about - We are the ponies. They insurance companies bet on my kid, your kid, anyone 20s-30s, b/c they know they are going to "win" with them - the nags - ;like someone who has cancer, or diabetes, or renal disease etc are the nags - who they hope will all go away. 

Speaking of renal disease - was seeing a patient with renal failure on dialysis and was talking to him. Turns out hes about 60, diabetes and high blood pressure and no kidneys. Started ranting about national health care, and the slugs who want it b/c they are incapable of working hard enough to get health care and how the government should stay the "fuck" out of healthcare... I stared at him in disbelief b/c every renal failure patient on dialysis gets his dialysis thru Medicare - private insurance would NEVER cover this losing diagnosis. This dumbfuck was ALIVE b/c of national health care but was too stupid to even realize it.   THAT is what this country is facing when Bernie says "Medicare for ALL". Even those on medicare, don't know it 
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:36 pm

sharpy wrote:Our system is a shit show, and insurance companies are awful.

Its not a shit show - its capitalism, where the product being wagered on is everyone's health. When you play the ponies, you look over the field and place your money on the ones you think will win and the ones you think are nags, you hope finish last and don't give a shit about - We are the ponies. They insurance companies bet on my kid, your kid, anyone 20s-30s, b/c they know they are going to "win" with them - the nags - ;like someone who has cancer, or diabetes, or renal disease etc are the nags - who they hope will all go away. 

Speaking of renal disease - was seeing a patient with renal failure on dialysis and was talking to him. Turns out hes about 60, diabetes and high blood pressure and no kidneys. Started ranting about national health care, and the slugs who want it b/c they are incapable of working hard enough to get health care and how the government should stay the "fuck" out of healthcare... I stared at him in disbelief b/c every renal failure patient on dialysis gets his dialysis thru Medicare - private insurance would NEVER cover this losing diagnosis. This dumbfuck was ALIVE b/c of national health care but was too stupid to even realize it.   THAT is what this country is facing when Bernie says "Medicare for ALL". Even those on medicare, don't know it 
    A few years ago, I had a similar experience with a newly diagnosed lung cancer patient who was in his late 40's, homeless, smoked like a chimney and had no health insurance.  This was before the ACA was enacted.  Our social worker spent hours getting him onto a Medicaid plan.  At our next visit he complains how Obama is gonna fuck up the medical system and give away free health care to anyone.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:29 am

jaywit wrote:

A few years ago, I had a similar experience with a newly diagnosed lung cancer patient who was in his late 40's, homeless, smoked like a chimney and had no health insurance.  This was before the ACA was enacted.  Our social worker spent hours getting him onto a Medicaid plan.  At our next visit he complains how Obama is gonna fuck up the medical system and give away free health care to anyone.

Like those signs that sometimes pop up..."Government, keep your hands off my Medicaid/Medicare!"
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:03 am

jaywit wrote:

This is one of the things that absolutely drives me crazy.  I'd be willing to bet that the guy absolutely knows that he's getting "free" care.  It's like my aunt in South Carolina who I've posted about many times who has 2 special needs grand kids.  They get a bunch of government assistance for many things, and she sure knows that they get it, but they believe that "other" people are gaming the system, so she still rails against the system.  I have no doubt that there are people cheating the system, but I'm pretty sure it's no worse than the "waste, fraud, and abuse" at any corporation, who then pass those losses down to the consumer.  I think people would rather get screwed over from corporations because, after all, at least they're "job creators".  I'd rather pay a few extra tax dollars to someone gaming the SNAP program, because frankly, their life probably sucks on so many levels.  Those corporate fuckers can bite me.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:03 pm

Far Right Conservatives are notorious for shitting all over programs they benefit from just because they were spawned by progressives. Fucking ungrateful idiots.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon May 06, 2019 7:20 am

No transition here but Joe Walsh (the former politician) tweeted to Jerry Falwell, Jr. today, "Does your God mind that you worship Donald Trump?" 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:28 pm