Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

2 posters

School

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

School Empty School

Post by blondy28 Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:38 pm

Kevin, I **think** you said you teach at a Naperville high school.  Might I ask which one?
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

School Empty Re: School

Post by alohafri Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:21 am

blondy28 wrote:Kevin, I **think** you said you teach at a Naperville high school.  Might I ask which one?

Kennedy Junior High. We feed into both North and Central.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:10 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:Kevin, I **think** you said you teach at a Naperville high school.  Might I ask which one?

My daughter is doing her observation hours at Washington Junior High.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:09 am

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Wow. Very cool. And what a small world. Not that I know many teachers at Washington, but who is she working with?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:34 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Wow. Very cool. And what a small world. Not that I know many teachers at Washington, but who is she working with?

Mrs. Smith.  Spanish teacher.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:22 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Don't know her, but I wish your daughter the best! She can take my place in four years. Wink
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:33 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Don't know her, but I wish your daughter the best! She can take my place in four years. Wink

She's going to be a High School foreign language teachers.  She'll be teaching French and Spanish.  She plans to live in Paris for a couple years before coming back to work.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:53 am

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

She's going to be a High School foreign language teachers.  She'll be teaching French and Spanish.  She plans to live in Paris for a couple years before coming back to work.

Funny story. My wife took French in high school. Her school had a trip to Europe (the did things like that back then...they went to France, her choir sang at the Vatican). Those who took French thought, "hey, we can use our language skills here"...until they found out that they had been taught the French-Canadian dialect, which is different from regular French I guess. The French couldn't understand some of what they were saying, and vice versa.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:31 am

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Funny story. My wife took French in high school. Her school had a trip to Europe (the did things like that back then...they went to France, her choir sang at the Vatican). Those who took French thought, "hey, we can use our language skills here"...until they found out that they had been taught the French-Canadian dialect, which is different from regular French I guess. The French couldn't understand some of what they were saying, and vice versa.

I actually do know that.  When Trump was elected I looked into moving to Canada and I made a comment to Gab about being able to speak French there, and she told me that it's a different dialect, although she said she could understand it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:59 pm