Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox


    For Sharpy

    Share
    avatar
    alohafri
    Fanboy Apprentice

    Posts : 735
    Join date : 2017-05-05
    Age : 51
    Location : Between Sarah Michelle Gellar's Legs

    For Sharpy

    Post by alohafri on Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:02 am

    Read on a Yahoo message board...

    John Kasich is a progressive which is why he didn't win and never will.
    avatar
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

    Posts : 816
    Join date : 2017-05-05
    Age : 52
    Location : Saint Charles, IL

    Re: For Sharpy

    Post by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:00 pm

    alohafri wrote:Read on a Yahoo message board...

    John Kasich is a progressive which is why he didn't win and never will.

    Oh, Lordy.  I guess when you're a conservative with a heart and a brain and some fucking guts, that automatically makes you a liberal.  Yikes.
    avatar
    sharpy
    Getting to be a Fanboy

    Posts : 356
    Join date : 2017-05-10

    Re: For Sharpy

    Post by sharpy on Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:25 pm

    Kasich is far from progressive. He is what used to pass as a typical republican. He did expand Medicaid which helped thousands of poor people, but at the same time cut school funding and state taxes and gave sweet deals to corporations to get jobs, which really hasn't worked as Ohio lags behind the rest of the states. Do I want him as my president, no. Would i b worried about the nation and about civil liberties and the constitution?  No. 
    avatar
    cream919
    Getting to be a Fanboy

    Posts : 292
    Join date : 2017-05-05
    Location : Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell

    Re: For Sharpy

    Post by cream919 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:44 pm

    Trump/Pence 2020!!!   cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
    avatar
    alohafri
    Fanboy Apprentice

    Posts : 735
    Join date : 2017-05-05
    Age : 51
    Location : Between Sarah Michelle Gellar's Legs

    Re: For Sharpy

    Post by alohafri on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:11 pm

    sharpy wrote:Kasich is far from progressive. He is what used to pass as a typical republican. He did expand Medicaid which helped thousands of poor people, but at the same time cut school funding and state taxes and gave sweet deals to corporations to get jobs, which really hasn't worked as Ohio lags behind the rest of the states. Do I want him as my president, no. Would i b worried about the nation and about civil liberties and the constitution?  No. 

    My point is that it is interesting how people on the far right have portrayed him as a "progressive." This is where our nation is today. These goofs see a "traditional Republican" as a progressive, which, to me, means along the lines of Sanders and that chick from New York.
    avatar
    blondy28
    Fanboy Apprentice

    Posts : 595
    Join date : 2017-05-06

    Re: For Sharpy

    Post by blondy28 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:30 pm

    alohafri wrote:
    sharpy wrote:Kasich is far from progressive. He is what used to pass as a typical republican. He did expand Medicaid which helped thousands of poor people, but at the same time cut school funding and state taxes and gave sweet deals to corporations to get jobs, which really hasn't worked as Ohio lags behind the rest of the states. Do I want him as my president, no. Would i b worried about the nation and about civil liberties and the constitution?  No. 

    My point is that it is interesting how people on the far right have portrayed him as a "progressive." This is where our nation is today. These goofs see a "traditional Republican" as a progressive, which, to me, means along the lines of Sanders and that chick from New York.

    At least they're calling us progressives now rather than liberal extremist.  Liberal was never a negative word...it was just means to describe ideology, like conservative.  Then the right wing started to use is synonymously with "no morals".  My good friend, super conservative, in talking about any news story or even personal story would say things like "it's that liberal attitude where anything goes".  "Progressive" doesn't have that negative connotation, although perhaps it's getting there.  I'm guessing that the right draws a heavier line between the words progressive and socialist than they could liberal.
    avatar
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

    Posts : 816
    Join date : 2017-05-05
    Age : 52
    Location : Saint Charles, IL

    Re: For Sharpy

    Post by SoxIlliniRob on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:53 pm

    Tim, I just heard Hillary in an interview stating that she believes that Trump is still around come 2020, he'll likely at least try to postpone the 2020 election to see if it takes.  If not, he'll make a major push to question the results and blame the results on mass fraud if he loses.  She had the same ominous view that you have.  It was interesting hearing her say it.
    avatar
    sharpy
    Getting to be a Fanboy

    Posts : 356
    Join date : 2017-05-10

    Re: For Sharpy

    Post by sharpy on Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:39 pm

    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Tim, I just heard Hillary in an interview stating that she believes that Trump is still around come 2020, he'll likely at least try to postpone the 2020 election to see if it takes.  If not, he'll make a major push to question the results and blame the results on mass fraud if he loses.  She had the same ominous view that you have.  It was interesting hearing her say it.



    **Sigh**
    avatar
    alohafri
    Fanboy Apprentice

    Posts : 735
    Join date : 2017-05-05
    Age : 51
    Location : Between Sarah Michelle Gellar's Legs

    Re: For Sharpy

    Post by alohafri on Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:31 am

    sharpy wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Tim, I just heard Hillary in an interview stating that she believes that Trump is still around come 2020, he'll likely at least try to postpone the 2020 election to see if it takes.  If not, he'll make a major push to question the results and blame the results on mass fraud if he loses.  She had the same ominous view that you have.  It was interesting hearing her say it.



    **Sigh**

    I wouldn't believe it if Hillary told me that the sun was hot.
    avatar
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

    Posts : 816
    Join date : 2017-05-05
    Age : 52
    Location : Saint Charles, IL

    Re: For Sharpy

    Post by SoxIlliniRob on Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:04 am

    Have always found Hillary's dishonesty to be pretty typically in line with the standard shiftiness and evasiveness we see out of politicians. No more. No less.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Fanboy Apprentice

    Posts : 735
    Join date : 2017-05-05
    Age : 51
    Location : Between Sarah Michelle Gellar's Legs

    Re: For Sharpy

    Post by alohafri on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:04 am

    All I'm saying is that I'm not going to get my panties in a wad over some doomsday prediction about an election that Hillary Clinton or any other anti-Trumper makes. I'd say the same thing if it was Jeff Flake or the departed John McCain. Give me some evidence you have or otherwise I'm going to assume that all you are trying to do is rile up your base, which is just what Trump and Hannity do on a daily basis.

    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

    Posts : 151
    Join date : 2017-05-05

    Re: For Sharpy

    Post by frank bonifacic on Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:54 am

    alohafri wrote:All I'm saying is that I'm not going to get my panties in a wad over some doomsday prediction about an election that Hillary Clinton or any other anti-Trumper makes. I'd say the same thing if it was Jeff Flake or the departed John McCain. Give me some evidence you have or otherwise I'm going to assume that all you are trying to do is rile up your base, which is just what Trump and Hannity do on a daily basis.
    If any of you get a chance, should check out the opinion letter on the Tribune couple days ago. Sorry, i didn't keep it.
    Said "We are lucky we have Trump"
    Explained that he is an autocrat and has no respect for democracy and separation of pourers, etc. Only interested in himself and the idea that his word should be law.


    BUT, he is too stupid and too lazy to ever accomplish that. Mentioned that Syria and Russia went from a democracy (so to speak) to a dictatorship in 10 years. That, and the fact that Trump was elected should serve as a warning-we should not get so complacent that "It couldn't never happen here" He was elected -and 35-40% of the people believe him over anyone or thing-and most of the are gunophiles (my word).


    Where would we be and where could we be going if Trump were more intelligent, diligent and hard working, Scary thought!
    avatar
    alohafri
    Fanboy Apprentice

    Posts : 735
    Join date : 2017-05-05
    Age : 51
    Location : Between Sarah Michelle Gellar's Legs

    Re: For Sharpy

    Post by alohafri on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:00 pm

    frank bonifacic wrote:
    alohafri wrote:All I'm saying is that I'm not going to get my panties in a wad over some doomsday prediction about an election that Hillary Clinton or any other anti-Trumper makes. I'd say the same thing if it was Jeff Flake or the departed John McCain. Give me some evidence you have or otherwise I'm going to assume that all you are trying to do is rile up your base, which is just what Trump and Hannity do on a daily basis.
    If any of you get a chance, should check out the opinion letter on the Tribune couple days ago. Sorry, i didn't keep it.
    Said "We are lucky we have Trump"
    Explained that he is an autocrat and has no respect for democracy and separation of pourers, etc. Only interested in himself and the idea that his word should be law.


    BUT, he is too stupid and too lazy to ever accomplish that. Mentioned that Syria and Russia went from a democracy (so to speak) to a dictatorship in 10 years. That, and the fact that Trump was elected should serve as a warning-we should not get so complacent that "It couldn't never happen here" He was elected -and 35-40% of the people believe him over anyone or thing-and most of the are gunophiles (my word).


    Where would we be and where could we be going if Trump were more intelligent, diligent and hard working, Scary thought!

    I did read that and had the same thoughts. We could have any number of the candidates representing the Republican party that still could have beaten Hillary Clinton...Kasich, Jeb Bush, hell, even Ted Cruz seems normal by comparison.

    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

    Posts : 151
    Join date : 2017-05-05

    Re: For Sharpy

    Post by frank bonifacic on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:31 pm

    alohafri wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    alohafri wrote:All I'm saying is that I'm not going to get my panties in a wad over some doomsday prediction about an election that Hillary Clinton or any other anti-Trumper makes. I'd say the same thing if it was Jeff Flake or the departed John McCain. Give me some evidence you have or otherwise I'm going to assume that all you are trying to do is rile up your base, which is just what Trump and Hannity do on a daily basis.
    If any of you get a chance, should check out the opinion letter on the Tribune couple days ago. Sorry, i didn't keep it.
    Said "We are lucky we have Trump"
    Explained that he is an autocrat and has no respect for democracy and separation of pourers, etc. Only interested in himself and the idea that his word should be law.


    BUT, he is too stupid and too lazy to ever accomplish that. Mentioned that Syria and Russia went from a democracy (so to speak) to a dictatorship in 10 years. That, and the fact that Trump was elected should serve as a warning-we should not get so complacent that "It couldn't never happen here" He was elected -and 35-40% of the people believe him over anyone or thing-and most of the are gunophiles (my word).


    Where would we be and where could we be going if Trump were more intelligent, diligent and hard working, Scary thought!

    I did read that and had the same thoughts. We could have any number of the candidates representing the Republican party that still could have beaten Hillary Clinton...Kasich, Jeb Bush, hell, even Ted Cruz seems normal by comparison.
    But the Republicans picked HIM in the primary!!
    avatar
    alohafri
    Fanboy Apprentice

    Posts : 735
    Join date : 2017-05-05
    Age : 51
    Location : Between Sarah Michelle Gellar's Legs

    Re: For Sharpy

    Post by alohafri on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:34 pm

    frank bonifacic wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    alohafri wrote:All I'm saying is that I'm not going to get my panties in a wad over some doomsday prediction about an election that Hillary Clinton or any other anti-Trumper makes. I'd say the same thing if it was Jeff Flake or the departed John McCain. Give me some evidence you have or otherwise I'm going to assume that all you are trying to do is rile up your base, which is just what Trump and Hannity do on a daily basis.
    If any of you get a chance, should check out the opinion letter on the Tribune couple days ago. Sorry, i didn't keep it.
    Said "We are lucky we have Trump"
    Explained that he is an autocrat and has no respect for democracy and separation of pourers, etc. Only interested in himself and the idea that his word should be law.


    BUT, he is too stupid and too lazy to ever accomplish that. Mentioned that Syria and Russia went from a democracy (so to speak) to a dictatorship in 10 years. That, and the fact that Trump was elected should serve as a warning-we should not get so complacent that "It couldn't never happen here" He was elected -and 35-40% of the people believe him over anyone or thing-and most of the are gunophiles (my word).


    Where would we be and where could we be going if Trump were more intelligent, diligent and hard working, Scary thought!

    I did read that and had the same thoughts. We could have any number of the candidates representing the Republican party that still could have beaten Hillary Clinton...Kasich, Jeb Bush, hell, even Ted Cruz seems normal by comparison.
    But the Republicans picked HIM in the primary!!

    And I still have no idea why.

    Sponsored content

    Re: For Sharpy

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:28 am