Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

Color me a fanboy

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Color me a fanboy Empty Color me a fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon May 22, 2017 11:15 am

Can't help but notice that this team is more fun to watch this season.  They'll still probably end up losing 88-92 games, IMO, but it's nice watching young, hungry, fast ballplayers.  

Not to get on Avi's train, but I've enjoyed watching this newfound speed of his.  He must have lost some significant weight in the offseason, as he's been running the bases like a bat outta hell.  I hope his having morphed into Magglio Ordonez is a permanent condition, and not just a fleeting blip.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Color me a fanboy Empty Re: Color me a fanboy

Post by alohafri Mon May 22, 2017 11:24 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Can't help but notice that this team is more fun to watch this season.  They'll still probably end up losing 88-92 games, IMO, but it's nice watching young, hungry, fast ballplayers.  

Not to get on Avi's train, but I've enjoyed watching this newfound speed of his.  He must have lost some significant weight in the offseason, as he's been running the bases like a bat outta hell.  I hope his having morphed into Magglio Ordonez is a permanent condition, and not just a fleeting blip.

I think it's more fun because you know behind the scenes, they are looking toward the future, not gutting the future for another WIN NOW aging veteran.

After scoring 16 runs on Saturday, my first thought was that they would be held to three runs over the next week as in the past few years. I don't think there is any pressure on these guys to perform.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon May 22, 2017 8:41 pm

I don't think there is any pressure on these guys to perform.

Well they are playing for future employment ..that's always pressurized
    joepoe
    joepoe
    Not a Fanboy

Post by joepoe Wed May 24, 2017 7:19 pm

No performance anxiety?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu May 25, 2017 5:03 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Can't help but notice that this team is more fun to watch this season.  They'll still probably end up losing 88-92 games, IMO, but it's nice watching young, hungry, fast ballplayers.  

I think it's more fun because you know behind the scenes, they are looking toward the future, not gutting the future for another WIN NOW aging veteran.

After scoring 16 runs on Saturday, my first thought was that they would be held to three runs over the next week as in the past few years. I don't think there is any pressure on these guys to perform.

Agree with all.  It's a lot of fun watching young talent, even when the W-L record is poor.  I can't say that when the Cubs were awful at the beginning of the Theo era that I made a point of watching every game, but any debut of one of the young guys was for sure must-see TV for me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content