Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+2
alohafri
cream919
6 posters

Ricky's Kids....

cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Ricky's Kids.... Empty Ricky's Kids....

Post by cream919 Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:07 pm

don't hit!!! Ooops...sorry...don't quit! 

Isn't it amazing how EVERY pitcher who faces the White Sox is just outstanding and brings their absolute best stuff? Amazingly, however, these same pitchers seem to be getting hit by other teams. I think it's a conspiracy...these pitchers must get together and plot to save their very best games for the White Sox.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Ricky's Kids.... Empty Re: Ricky's Kids....

Post by alohafri Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:57 am

cream919 wrote:don't hit!!! Ooops...sorry...don't quit! 

Isn't it amazing how EVERY pitcher who faces the White Sox is just outstanding and brings their absolute best stuff? Amazingly, however, these same pitchers seem to be getting hit by other teams. I think it's a conspiracy...these pitchers must get together and plot to save their very best games for the White Sox.

I've been saying for the past few years that if every team just brought up minor league pitchers to face the White Sox, the Sox might not win a game all season. It's like they don't have minor league scouts.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:45 am

The guy that was pitching against the Sox last night had filthy stuff in the couple of at bats I watched.  I saw a curve ball that was mind-boggling.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:51 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:The guy that was pitching against the Sox last night had filthy stuff in the couple of at bats I watched.  I saw a curve ball that was mind-boggling.

From what I've heard, he has had some success against the Sox, as do most guys who have "filthy stuff." Again. Coaching? Scouting?
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:35 pm

But that's exactly my point Rob. Don't care how good he is, seems almost every pitcher we face has "filthy" stuff. The club spins it that the pitcher was outstanding and unhitable as opposed to just acknowledging that this is a very poor hitting team...which is just being honest. The White Sox made that guy last night look like Sandy Koufax Cy Young and Greg Maddux all rolled into one. Kevin's right, this stuff's been going on for years. Remember the Asian looking mediocre at best KC pitcher who practically built his entire career on how he pitched against the Sox? Shit gets old.
    Nomads44
    Nomads44
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Nomads44 Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:35 pm

"Remember the Asian looking mediocre at best KC pitcher who practically built his entire career on how he pitched against the Sox?"

Cy Chen?
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:51 pm

cream919 wrote:But that's exactly my point Rob. Don't care how good he is, seems almost every pitcher we face has "filthy" stuff. The club spins it that the pitcher was outstanding and unhitable as opposed to just acknowledging that this is a very poor hitting team...which is just being honest. The White Sox made that guy last night look like Sandy Koufax Cy Young and Greg Maddux all rolled into one. Kevin's right, this stuff's been going on for years. Remember the Asian looking mediocre at best KC pitcher who practically built his entire career on how he pitched against the Sox? Shit gets old.

Not according to Stoney ....man after game 1 and that first series he was telling the world how this lineup was going to terrorize the American league..I guess reality set in
    telefrank
    telefrank
    Not a Fanboy

Post by telefrank Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:00 pm

Let's not forget the historical fact that any pitcher having his first start against the Sox will pitch like Cy Young. 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:25 am