Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

Very important news

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Very important news Empty Very important news

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:10 pm

Huge deal in Pennsylvania today.  Link to a story about the new congressional map drawn by the courts after they struck down gerrymandering.  in a state that's currently about a 50/50 split of Dems and Repubs, the GOP holds currently 13 of the 18 House seats, which is complete and utter bullshit.  The general belief is that after the redraw it's probably a 10-8 GOP advantage based on the voting in 2016, which may be a bit different in 2018, i.e. perhaps a 9-9 split.  Regardless, this makes a hell of a lot more sense and at least seems more democratic than the prior map.  Would love to see SCOTUS do this to the rest of the country.  They won't, because the court is a Republican court right now, but maybe some kind of miracle will happen with Kennedy leaning away from gerrymandering.  The way the case went on argument day seemed to imply that Kennedy was ok with it, so don't hold your breath.  

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/19/pennsylvania-redistrict-democrats-midterms-354432
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Very important news Empty Re: Very important news

Post by cream919 Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:18 pm

Are you insinuating that the Supreme Court isn't fair and balanced???  Very Happy
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:49 pm

cream919 wrote:Are you insinuating that the Supreme Court isn't fair and balanced???  Very Happy

Maybe.  Probably not balanced.  Who are we to claim if they're fair?  They are the supposed experts.  Saw today that there's new evidence that Thomas lied during his confirmation hearing, although I don't know what that evidence is.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:33 am

I kind of believe Roberts and Kennedy tend to do what is right and not completely right or left winged biased. But who knows?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:39 am

sharpy wrote:I kind of believe Roberts and Kennedy tend to do what is right and not completely right or left winged biased. But who knows?

I somewhat think that, too.  Alito, Gorsuch and Thomas seem like they are lockstep with the far right.  Some are lockstep with the left, too.  I've always just accepted this as a part of life until they blocked Garland, which really just served to shine a spotlight on the politicization of the court, instead of just allowing it to be what it is.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:23 am