Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+3
frank bonifacic
SoxIlliniRob
sharpy
7 posters

Q

sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Q Empty Q

Post by sharpy Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:25 pm

Just well enough to lose
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Q Empty Re: Q

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:56 pm

Shoulda left him in.
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:39 am

sharpy wrote:Just well enough to lose
     He didn't get the loss.
    2 runs, 2hits, 2 walks, 4 Ks.
    One bad inning and still only two runs. One well hit ball.

And he pitched a gem last time and even came in in relief.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:32 pm

They have such a quick hook in the playoffs. Q pitched well against a very good team. Not great, but better than respectable. The Cubs are allowed to score more than two runs.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:11 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:They have such a quick hook in the playoffs.  Q pitched well against a very good team.  Not great, but better than respectable.  The Cubs are allowed to score more than two runs.

Had he pitched 6 or 7 innings, it would have been his typical White Sox start with those numbers.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:31 pm

Fine numbers, good guy, can’t win. 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:13 pm

$25 says he wins at least 15 next year.  Are we on, Tim?  Or better yet, if I lose I buy you a ticket to a game in 2019 and pay for your beers during the game.  Shit, the Sox might even be worth watching by then.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:13 pm

I’ll do that. Or, since I am not yet a Neanderthal who believes wins are the end all and be all, we can bet that in his games stated , the Cubs win 60%. Wouldn’t that be a more modern day statistical way to do it?  So if he starts 30 games, the cubs have to go 18-12.  Either way is acceptable to me. 

And let’s also say he has to make at least 20 starts. If he’s injured it shouldn’t count. If the Cubs go 3-2 in his only 5 starts, that’s not a true bet. Pick either way. I’m ok with both. 15 actual wind or 60% team wins v
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:18 am

Either is fine with me, too.  I thought the whole thing was about actual WINS, but we can make it about winning percentage of starts.  60% of starts as long as he starts 20 or more.  That's cool.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:24 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Either is fine with me, too.  I thought the whole thing was about actual WINS, but we can make it about winning percentage of starts.  60% of starts as long as he starts 20 or more.  That's cool.

it is about wins, but really its about team wins ...that's where the starting pitcher makes his money in my view ..if he pitches 8 inning of shutout ball, leaving with the score 0-0, another guy pitches the 9th and his team scores in the bottom of the ninth, he doesn't get the win, but he did win the game ...my contention with Quintana is that his team doesn't win when he pitches ...or they win as often as he loses them the game ....when they score 9 he'll pitch a shut out, but let them score 3 and he lets in 4, or 5 ...so the 60% team wins with at least 20 starts is good with me 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:29 am

All good.  It'll give me something to follow next season if the Sox suck ass.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:29 am

As expected, Quintana folded like a cheap tent in game 5 and couldn't make it 3 innings.  The shortest outing by any Cubs pitcher in the last 3 years of playoff appearances.
    joepoe
    joepoe
    Not a Fanboy

Post by joepoe Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:17 pm

Q's numbers don't reveal how truly ineffective he can be. It is like his brain turns off without warning or something.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:24 am

Meanwhile, Eloy Jiminez is tearing up the Fall League. I hope he pans out.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:20 pm

alohafri wrote:Meanwhile, Eloy Jiminez is tearing up the Fall League. I hope he pans out.

But of course he is.  Brock/Broglio will pale in comparison to this trade.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed May 02, 2018 1:20 pm

sharpy wrote:I’ll do that. Or, since I am not yet a Neanderthal who believes wins are the end all and be all, we can bet that in his games stated , the Cubs win 60%. Wouldn’t that be a more modern day statistical way to do it?  So if he starts 30 games, the cubs have to go 18-12.  Either way is acceptable to me. 

And let’s also say he has to make at least 20 starts. If he’s injured it shouldn’t count. If the Cubs go 3-2 in his only 5 starts, that’s not a true bet. Pick either way. I’m ok with both. 15 actual wind or 60% team wins v

I'm off to a good start, Tim.  One month looksee at this....

He's 3-1 in record.
    Team's 4-1 in his starts.

This Eloy guy better be good!  LOL.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed May 02, 2018 8:39 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    sharpy wrote:I’ll do that. Or, since I am not yet a Neanderthal who believes wins are the end all and be all, we can bet that in his games stated , the Cubs win 60%. Wouldn’t that be a more modern day statistical way to do it?  So if he starts 30 games, the cubs have to go 18-12.  Either way is acceptable to me. 

He's 3-1 in record.

Don't forget about Cease.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu May 03, 2018 4:18 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:

He's 3-1 in record.

If he can just pitch against Milwaukee, he'll be fine.  

Funny how you give him credit for the Cubs winning when he started in the game where they had one of the biggest late-inning comebacks in recent memory.  Yeah, that's all his doing.

I'm hearing that Eloy is hitting the shit out of the ball.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu May 03, 2018 7:26 pm

blondy28 wrote:

Funny how you give him credit for the Cubs winning when he started in the game where they had one of the biggest late-inning comebacks in recent memory.  Yeah, that's all his doing.

Yeah, clearly Q had nothing to do with the comeback.  It's just the way the little bet is constructed.  Either Q wins 15, or the Cubs need to win 60% of the games he starts in order for me to win the bet.  Any other outcome, Tim wins.  Winner gets a date with Bel.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu May 03, 2018 7:32 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Yeah, clearly Q had nothing to do with the comeback.  It's just the way the little bet is constructed.  Either Q wins 15, or the Cubs need to win 60% of the games he starts in order for me to win the bet.  Any other outcome, Tim wins.  Winner gets a date with Bel.

Ahh.  I must have overlooked (or forgotten) that there was a bet.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu May 03, 2018 7:50 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Loser has to watch the winner go on a date with Bel.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri May 04, 2018 7:53 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:

He's 3-1 in record.

If I may just offer this prediction...I don't think he'll be getting his 4th win tonight.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri May 04, 2018 8:01 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

He's 3-1 in record.

If I may just offer this prediction...I don't think he'll be getting his 4th win tonight.

Let the record show I posted that before he gave up a 3-run shot in the bottom of the 2nd.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri May 04, 2018 8:45 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

He's 3-1 in record.

Let the record show I posted that before he gave up a 3-run shot in the bottom of the 2nd.

88 pitches through 4 innings, and he was yanked.  If we can score, with his ass on the bench, we might have a shot to win this game.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon May 14, 2018 3:03 pm

He's hot garbage.  Leadoff man got on every inning.  Everyone takes counts deep against him.  He just flat out sucks if he's not facing Milwaukee.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:28 pm