Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

VP nomination

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

VP nomination - Page 2 Empty Re: VP nomination

Post by blondy28 Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:38 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    The Democrats could literally dig John Kennedy out of his grave at Arlington and win this election. The problem from my skewed view on the other side of the aisle is that many in their base won't vote for someone that isn't as far left as they are. 

I was a bit afraid of this a while back, around the time when the tide turned almost overnight toward Biden from Bernie.  I thought those Bernie people might sit it out and not participate and let the election fall to Trump.  over the past few months, I think even those VERY left folks have decided that this Trump bullshit is just way too much to bear.  I think those far left Bernie folks are going to vote for Biden because although they have a burn it all down mentality about the current state of government, they are scared out of their wits about another term of Trump.  

Aside from that, I'm sort of with you, Kevin.  I'm beginning to think they can run a bag of pig shit and win by 8% over Trump.  Trump gonna get his 44% or 45% almost for certain, but that appears to be his ceiling.  Biden ain't Hillary.  He's vanilla ice cream and kind of daft and goofy, but he can run circles around imbecile Trump on his worst day.  Barring some kind of Biden collapse, I'm more concerned about the senate.  It's been amazing to watch what the Repubs against Trump are doing on a daily basis in terms of their messaging.  Those guys are burning the whole fucking thing down.  These are hard core repubs that ragged on Obama and any other Dem for decades, and now they're saying to vote against ANY Repub who supported Trump, ever!  Commercials telling voters to remember the names of Joni Ernst, Sue Collins, McSally, McConnell and every other one of them. Basically, just burning down the whole fucking party that they've been a huge part of running for the last 30 yrs.  Nice to see a few with principles.  Of course, I'm taking a bit of guilty pleasure.

There was a poll on how supporters of other dem candidates plan to vote, and the strongest support for Biden is the Elizabeth Warren camp.  12% of the Bernie supporters voted Trump, and the poll has 4% of them supporting Trump this go around.

I love that ad you referenced.   I don't know who's doing Trump's ads, but they're awful.  The anti-Trump Republican ads have been outstanding.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:29 am

blondy28 wrote:

There was a poll on how supporters of other dem candidates plan to vote, and the strongest support for Biden is the Elizabeth Warren camp.  12% of the Bernie supporters voted Trump, and the poll has 4% of them supporting Trump this go around.

I love that ad you referenced.   I don't know who's doing Trump's ads, but they're awful.  The anti-Trump Republican ads have been outstanding.

I find myself not too worried about a few percent of Bernie folks that'll vote Trump, because there are a lot of centrists that would have voted Trump if Bernie had been the candidate who are now going to vote Biden.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:46 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    The Democrats could literally dig John Kennedy out of his grave at Arlington and win this election. The problem from my skewed view on the other side of the aisle is that many in their base won't vote for someone that isn't as far left as they are. 

I was a bit afraid of this a while back, around the time when the tide turned almost overnight toward Biden from Bernie.  I thought those Bernie people might sit it out and not participate and let the election fall to Trump.  over the past few months, I think even those VERY left folks have decided that this Trump bullshit is just way too much to bear.  I think those far left Bernie folks are going to vote for Biden because although they have a burn it all down mentality about the current state of government, they are scared out of their wits about another term of Trump.  

Aside from that, I'm sort of with you, Kevin.  I'm beginning to think they can run a bag of pig shit and win by 8% over Trump.  Trump gonna get his 44% or 45% almost for certain, but that appears to be his ceiling.  Biden ain't Hillary.  He's vanilla ice cream and kind of daft and goofy, but he can run circles around imbecile Trump on his worst day.  Barring some kind of Biden collapse, I'm more concerned about the senate.  It's been amazing to watch what the Repubs against Trump are doing on a daily basis in terms of their messaging.  Those guys are burning the whole fucking thing down.  These are hard core repubs that ragged on Obama and any other Dem for decades, and now they're saying to vote against ANY Repub who supported Trump, ever!  Commercials telling voters to remember the names of Joni Ernst, Sue Collins, McSally, McConnell and every other one of them. Basically, just burning down the whole fucking party that they've been a huge part of running for the last 30 yrs.  Nice to see a few with principles.  Of course, I'm taking a bit of guilty pleasure.

It's a group called the Lincoln Project. They know that Trump is not a conservative. Many are kind of a throwback to guys like Barry Goldwater, who feared (with amazing accuracy) that the Republican party would be taken over by religious nuts and basically destroyed. I love that Skeletor Conway's husband is one of the members. I'm praying for the day that W endorses Biden.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:47 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

I find myself not too worried about a few percent of Bernie folks that'll vote Trump, because there are a lot of centrists that would have voted Trump if Bernie had been the candidate who are now going to vote Biden.

I'd have written Kasich in again.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:51 pm

alohafri wrote:
    sharpy wrote:Tammy Duckworth?   I can hear the celebrations in Englewood, Hyde Park, jackson Park, The Watts, Compton, and Harlem all the way here in Ohio ..... fucking democrats are going to blow this 

The Democrats could literally dig John Kennedy out of his grave at Arlington and win this election. The problem from my skewed view on the other side of the aisle is that many in their base won't vote for someone that isn't as far left as they are. What kind of half-hearted endorsement is that group of dingbats "the Squad" giving Biden? The BLM and other, I'll call them anarchists, who are tearing down statues, not of Confederates, but of Lincoln, Jefferson, Washington, and Fredrick freaking Douglass are going to cause many people in the center who don't like Trump to vote for Trump because they realize that you can't judge people from the 18th and 19th centuries on 21st century values.

You mean just like Hiliary won in a landslide?  Frankly, I think trump and his cohorts are working on stealing this election - voter suppression is going to but huge - already starting with the anti-mail in ballot scheme. Then the russians will interfere and some votes may disappear thru some electronic manipulation .. and lastly, if he loses, with  week news will come out by  his intelligence people (the ones the ones that get into fights with the real intelligence agencies) that there was wide spread fraudulent activity and everything is on hold - and if McConnell has won again. he will support him. Then it comes down to law enforcement and military leadership .. so we will see .   the only statues I am in favor of tearing down are the Confederate leadership and the Confederate flag - they are war enemies of the US and should not be venerated in this country. i see no statues of Hitler, stalin, Kaiser wihelm, tojo, hirohito , etc .. so enough of that.  Anyone else with a statue should be kept and not torn down due to human frailities, or wrongs they did in their private lives that were not wrongs when they lived .. that is hypocrisy by the current righteous indignant 
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:21 pm

sharpy wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    sharpy wrote:Tammy Duckworth?   I can hear the celebrations in Englewood, Hyde Park, jackson Park, The Watts, Compton, and Harlem all the way here in Ohio ..... fucking democrats are going to blow this 

The Democrats could literally dig John Kennedy out of his grave at Arlington and win this election. The problem from my skewed view on the other side of the aisle is that many in their base won't vote for someone that isn't as far left as they are. What kind of half-hearted endorsement is that group of dingbats "the Squad" giving Biden? The BLM and other, I'll call them anarchists, who are tearing down statues, not of Confederates, but of Lincoln, Jefferson, Washington, and Fredrick freaking Douglass are going to cause many people in the center who don't like Trump to vote for Trump because they realize that you can't judge people from the 18th and 19th centuries on 21st century values.

You mean just like Hiliary won in a landslide?  Frankly, I think trump and his cohorts are working on stealing this election - voter suppression is going to but huge - already starting with the anti-mail in ballot scheme. Then the russians will interfere and some votes may disappear thru some electronic manipulation .. and lastly, if he loses, with  week news will come out by  his intelligence people (the ones the ones that get into fights with the real intelligence agencies) that there was wide spread fraudulent activity and everything is on hold - and if McConnell has won again. he will support him. Then it comes down to law enforcement and military leadership .. so we will see .   the only statues I am in favor of tearing down are the Confederate leadership and the Confederate flag - they are war enemies of the US and should not be venerated in this country. i see no statues of Hitler, stalin, Kaiser wihelm, tojo, hirohito , etc .. so enough of that.  Anyone else with a statue should be kept and not torn down due to human frailities, or wrongs they did in their private lives that were not wrongs when they lived .. that is hypocrisy by the current righteous indignant 

Douchebag is already hinting at that with hit tweets about mail in ballots.

I agree. Tear down monuments to traitors! We see no statues to Benedict Arnold. There is a reference to Arnold on a plaque somewhere that is regularly defaced.

And I've said the same thing. We shouldn't judge people based on 21st century values. No one from the past can live up to those standards. "Oh, Washington's doctor was an evil man because he bled him as a treatment...even though blood letting was still practiced in the medical field at the time, but that doesn't matter. Why didn't he use (fill in the blank with a medication that hadn't been invented yet)?"

By today's standards, Lincoln was a racist. By the standards of the 19th century, he was very progressive. Hell, Stephen Douglas was progressive by the standards of his time. Letting "popular sovereignty" decided the issue of slavery in the west was very controversial, something the Southern states (the conservatives of their time) were adamantly against. 
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:12 pm

Apparently, John Kasich is expected to appear at the DNC to endorse Biden. Some "purist" Democrats (ie. Bernie Bros.) are totally against this. This is not an election for your revolution douchebags (and yes, I know I'm speaking from the right side of the aisle). Also, conservative columnist George Will has said he will vote for Biden, as well. Of course, someone who shall not be mentioned would say that Will is a RINO. I swear, if you are not a Nazi, you are a RINO to those jerkoffs.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:38 pm

alohafri wrote:Apparently, John Kasich is expected to appear at the DNC to endorse Biden. Some "purist" Democrats (ie. Bernie Bros.) are totally against this. This is not an election for your revolution douchebags (and yes, I know I'm speaking from the right side of the aisle). Also, conservative columnist George Will has said he will vote for Biden, as well. Of course, someone who shall not be mentioned would say that Will is a RINO. I swear, if you are not a Nazi, you are a RINO to those jerkoffs.

I'm fine with the handful of whackos that are so left that they can't vote for Biden.  There's always a little of this stuff in both parties.  Feels to me like Biden is going to pick up at least as many folks from the GOP that are entirely anti-Trump.  Is it just me or does it feel to me like Trump hasn't expanded his voter base by even a single voter?  He's probably added a few, but he appears to be losing more than he's gaining.  Just seems to me like the planets are aligning and folks are kind of realizing this guy is a nutjob.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:37 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:Apparently, John Kasich is expected to appear at the DNC to endorse Biden. Some "purist" Democrats (ie. Bernie Bros.) are totally against this. This is not an election for your revolution douchebags (and yes, I know I'm speaking from the right side of the aisle). Also, conservative columnist George Will has said he will vote for Biden, as well. Of course, someone who shall not be mentioned would say that Will is a RINO. I swear, if you are not a Nazi, you are a RINO to those jerkoffs.

I'm fine with the handful of whackos that are so left that they can't vote for Biden.  There's always a little of this stuff in both parties.  Feels to me like Biden is going to pick up at least as many folks from the GOP that are entirely anti-Trump.  Is it just me or does it feel to me like Trump hasn't expanded his voter base by even a single voter?  He's probably added a few, but he appears to be losing more than he's gaining.  Just seems to me like the planets are aligning and folks are kind of realizing this guy is a nutjob.
    I wish I could find comfort in your last line but I know he was widely thought of as a nutjob in 2016.  I just hope the polls are believable and sustainable.  
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:12 am

jaywit wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

I wish I could find comfort in your last line but I know he was widely thought of as a nutjob in 2016.  I just hope the polls are believable and sustainable.  

They thought he was a nutjob, but thought "how bad can it be"?  I knew certain things...like his attempt to take health care away from everyone, and that he would raise taxes and call it a tax reduction, and that he's overturn every environmental protection we have, etc.  But those on the right all found these to be good things, and they found his "nutjob" traits to be refreshings.  Telling it like it is.  Many of those folks remain in the cult.  But there are many who voted Trump because they were anti-Hillary. Or they didn't vote.  Trump's approval rating, outside of maybe one or two over 3+ years, has never been more than 50%.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:56 am

jaywit wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

that's a fair point, Jay.  I'm taking some solace in polls being massively better this time than they were for Hillary, but 3.5 months is still a lot of time for some screwy shit to happen, and I have no doubt there'll be militia hanging at polls and trying to intimidate voters and messing with shit.  This is far from over.  At least Biden is hitting 50% in many polls, which Hilary couldn't ever do.  I think the most comforting thing I've seen so far is that 50% of the folks in the country say there is absolutely no chance they'll vote for Trump.  The number was 37% for Biden.  Basically Trump would need to win about 11% of that overall 13% in the middle to even have a sniff of a chance unless that 50% number begins to drop because Trump starts seeming sane.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:17 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

that's a fair point, Jay.  I'm taking some solace in polls being massively better this time than they were for Hillary, but 3.5 months is still a lot of time for some screwy shit to happen, and I have no doubt there'll be militia hanging at polls and trying to intimidate voters and messing with shit.  This is far from over.  At least Biden is hitting 50% in many polls, which Hilary couldn't ever do.  I think the most comforting thing I've seen so far is that 50% of the folks in the country say there is absolutely no chance they'll vote for Trump.  The number was 37% for Biden.  Basically Trump would need to win about 11% of that overall 13% in the middle to even have a sniff of a chance unless that 50% number begins to drop because Trump starts seeming sane.
    3.5 months is a long time to let the Carl Roves of the world work their ways and means.  I don't think they will try to come up with a manner to make Trump seem sane but you have to expect there are going to emerge some trumped up issues which will rattle the confidence.  Like many, I am not a big fan of Biden but I have absolute hatred for Trump's presidency and won't miss a chance to vote him out of office.  

As much as the polls, I take comfort in what Vegas is saying.  Biden is currently at -150, Trump at +135.  This is from people who are putting large amounts of money on the results, people who are good at making money/taking money from people who are not so good at making/taking money.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:53 am

jaywit wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

3.5 months is a long time to let the Carl Roves of the world work their ways and means.  I don't think they will try to come up with a manner to make Trump seem sane but you have to expect there are going to emerge some trumped up issues which will rattle the confidence.  Like many, I am not a big fan of Biden but I have absolute hatred for Trump's presidency and won't miss a chance to vote him out of office.  

As much as the polls, I take comfort in what Vegas is saying.  Biden is currently at -150, Trump at +135.  This is from people who are putting large amounts of money on the results, people who are good at making money/taking money from people who are not so good at making/taking money.

Yeah, I noticed the money lines were looking bad for Trump.  I've not seen it spelled out your way (-150/135).  I've seen it Biden 60/trump 36.  I take that to mean you bet 100 on Biden to win 60 and bet 36 on Trump to win 100 or something to that effect.  

And really, is anyone really "excited" for Biden?  I think that the right confuses the lack of excitement for Biden as meaning they have a really good chance to beat him, but those same people are REALLY fucking excited to vote for ANYONE over Trump.  I'm just excited that we'll maybe have anyone in office that might take the presidency seriously enough to treat it like priors have done.  I do have a small fear that Trump has opened up cans of worms and made things acceptable in a way that future presidents will take advantage of and wield as a weapon.  I would assume any future president or his staff who receives a subpoena will just say "fuck off" as this administration has.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:39 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:

It will mean a lot if GWB comes out and endorses Biden. Imagine that, a Republican former President endorsing a Democrat for President. I think W still has enough pull with many Republicans that it would be kind of like a massive crack in the dam. 

And the Trumpist talk show hosts are now changing their tune a bit to include Republicans supporting Biden (that Lincoln group) by now using words like "the establishment". Frau Blucher Ingraham last night attacked the Lincoln group on air. I can't wait to see their next ad which will no doubt include her standing in her Nazi salute.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:34 pm

At least Biden is hitting 50% in many polls, which Hilary couldn't ever do.  I think the most comforting thing I've seen so far is that 50% of the folks in the country say there is absolutely no chance they'll vote for Trump.  The number was 37% for Biden.  Basically Trump would need to win about 11% of that overall 13% in the middle to even have a sniff of a chance unless that 50% number begins to drop because Trump starts seeming sane.

Aren't the only polls that are important are the ones in Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio and Pennsylvania?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:10 am

sharpy wrote: At least Biden is hitting 50% in many polls, which Hilary couldn't ever do.  I think the most comforting thing I've seen so far is that 50% of the folks in the country say there is absolutely no chance they'll vote for Trump.  The number was 37% for Biden.  Basically Trump would need to win about 11% of that overall 13% in the middle to even have a sniff of a chance unless that 50% number begins to drop because Trump starts seeming sane.

Aren't the only polls that are important are the ones in Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio and Pennsylvania?

Yes.  And Arizona and FL. 

That said, if the general vote tally moves to 53 to 47% in favor of Biden, that likely means that those named states all moved a couple percent to the left, minimally, and that's what the polling is showing right now, which is that any state that Trump barely won looks like a state where Trump is currently in line to lose handily.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:10 pm

Don't like what I'm hearing, which might just be bullshit speculation.  Susan Rice and Gretchen Whitmer.  Would not be jazzed about either one of them.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:33 am

blondy28 wrote:Don't like what I'm hearing, which might just be bullshit speculation.  Susan Rice and Gretchen Whitmer.  Would not be jazzed about either one of them.

I'm ok with either, but each is somewhat fraught with risk.  I really like each of them.  What is your concern?  I've been pretty much assuming it's Harris for a couple months.  

Is your concern about Rice all of the Benghazi bullshit they'll throw at her?
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:18 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:Don't like what I'm hearing, which might just be bullshit speculation.  Susan Rice and Gretchen Whitmer.  Would not be jazzed about either one of them.

I'm ok with either, but each is somewhat fraught with risk.  I really like each of them.  What is your concern?  I've been pretty much assuming it's Harris for a couple months.  

It is mine. Of all of those he allegedly interviewed, I'd prefer Duckworth. She's a disabled vet. Bring it on Hannity, you fuck.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:35 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

It is mine. Of all of those he allegedly interviewed, I'd prefer Duckworth. She's a disabled vet. Bring it on Hannity, you fuck.

I think I'm just sort of at a point where I don't see how the Benghazi BS really riles anyone up besides the folks that will be already voting for Trump.  I mean, doesn't a middle of the road, centrist type, look at Susan Rice and think "hmmm, she seems like a smart and upstanding lady"?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:48 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

I think I'm just sort of at a point where I don't see how the Benghazi BS really riles anyone up besides the folks that will be already voting for Trump.  I mean, doesn't a middle of the road, centrist type, look at Susan Rice and think "hmmm, she seems like a smart and upstanding lady"?

I think historically (as in in my lifetime), the VP pick typically isn't going to sway voters.  I've already said that when the rationale has been that the VP pick **might** get you a victory in his/her state, it hasn't turned out that way.  I'm not sure you can even point to Gore, because there were a lot of southern states that went for Clinton since he's a southerner.  The only VP pick that I could think of that had the potential to swing an election was Sarah Palin...until she opened her mouth.  Some would say that Palin cost McCain the election, so I think maybe that's the most important thing to consider.  If you saw the movie Game Change, McCain's campaign strategists felt that picking a woman was the only shot he had to win since they were going up against the first black candidate, and they had an electoral model that they would plug potential female running mates into to predict the best candidate.  The women that most of us would consider smart, experienced women that they plugged into the model showed that those women, who were pro choice, would reflect a net loss in votes because they would lose the pro-life voters.    I love Tammy Duckworth and Gretchen Whitmer, but I think that if Biden doesn't pick a black woman, then he might lose support.  

As for Susan Rice, I think she and anyone on Biden's short list would be able to handle their VP duties, and, more importantly, be able to the job of president if something happened to Biden.  She's just kinda "meh".  Would like to have someone who can do what Sarah Palin did at the beginning...garner some excitement.  But I'll settle for someone that doesn't cause Biden to lose votes.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:19 pm

I love Tammy Duckworth and Gretchen Whitmer, but I think that if Biden doesn't pick a black woman, then he might lose support.  

As for Susan Rice, I think she and anyone on Biden's short list would be able to handle their VP duties, and, more importantly, be able to the job of president if something happened to Biden.  She's just kinda "meh".  Would like to have someone who can do what Sarah Palin did at the beginning...garner some excitement.  But I'll settle for someone that doesn't cause Biden to lose votes.

Read today that young black men aren't excited about Biden b/c of all his racial faux pas and comments. That being said, does that mean they vote for trump? or just don't vote?  I suspect the latter which may make a difference in Ohio, Pa, Michigan, etc.   As this goes on, I'm starting to think that Bernie may have been the better candidate - yea, socialism, blah blah blah.. but i think there  is a large portion of this country that is sick of the top 1%, sick of no health care, sick of fearing about social security, school debt the whole nine yards.. and bernie, with a black female VP i think might have swept .   Anyway, I'm with blondy - I think he has to pick a woman of color - according to another article I read, the option that gives biden the best chance to win is the Latina governor of New Mexico (?i think i got that right) who would give them the hispanic vote which apparently is going to be large. 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:30 pm

sharpy wrote:I love Tammy Duckworth and Gretchen Whitmer, but I think that if Biden doesn't pick a black woman, then he might lose support.  

Read today that young black men aren't excited about Biden b/c of all his racial faux pas and comments. That being said, does that mean they vote for trump? or just don't vote?  I suspect the latter which may make a difference in Ohio, Pa, Michigan, etc.   As this goes on, I'm starting to think that Bernie may have been the better candidate - yea, socialism, blah blah blah.. but i think there  is a large portion of this country that is sick of the top 1%, sick of no health care, sick of fearing about social security, school debt the whole nine yards.. and bernie, with a black female VP i think might have swept .   Anyway, I'm with blondy - I think he has to pick a woman of color - according to another article I read, the option that gives biden the best chance to win is the Latina governor of New Mexico (?i think i got that right) who would give them the hispanic vote which apparently is going to be large. 

Whenever I hear stuff like this about Biden making a faux pas I wonder if everyone's missed Trump's 8 trillion of them in the past few years.  Isn't he pretty much just a blundering faux pas machine?  I assume that if Biden isn't exciting them then maybe they'll take a pass, but I can't help but think that most black folks can see the underlying racism in Trump, his cabinet, his policies, the way Trump talks about protesters and BLM.  Hard to imagine that they'd not feel inclined to vote.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:24 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    sharpy wrote:I love Tammy Duckworth and Gretchen Whitmer, but I think that if Biden doesn't pick a black woman, then he might lose support.  

Whenever I hear stuff like this about Biden making a faux pas I wonder if everyone's missed Trump's 8 trillion of them in the past few years.  Isn't he pretty much just a blundering faux pas machine?  I assume that if Biden isn't exciting them then maybe they'll take a pass, but I can't help but think that most black folks can see the underlying racism in Trump, his cabinet, his policies, the way Trump talks about protesters and BLM.  Hard to imagine that they'd not feel inclined to vote.

Biden has been making faux pas for years. Like you, what cracks me up is that they ignore the dumb comments made by Trump. Yo-Semite? really?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:54 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

Biden has been making faux pas for years. Like you, what cracks me up is that they ignore the dumb comments made by Trump. Yo-Semite? really?

The nation of Thigh-land.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 am