Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

Nancy Pelosi is a Badass

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Nancy Pelosi is a Badass Empty Nancy Pelosi is a Badass

Post by blondy28 Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:50 pm

Week after week my opinion of her, which was already pretty high, goes higher still.  Her press conference today was a thing of beauty, but when she was asked if she hated Trump, and she spun around and berated the former Fox News guy who asked the question.  It was a thing of beauty.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Nancy Pelosi is a Badass Empty Re: Nancy Pelosi is a Badass

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:22 pm

Agree 100%, Pam.  I love her beyond words and say it proudly.  I hear and see a lot of conservative pudits also talking her up these days.  She's been impressive.  It's clear her age is catching up with her a bit right now and you can see her struggle some days to get words out, but she's still as sharp as a tack.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:34 pm

I was actually never a Pelosi fan, but I have to say, she just set the tone and gave an example of what EVERY democratic/ progressive / normal GOPer should do when faced with these assholes who try to demean and use semantics to make a point that doesn't exist. Call their ass out and let em  have it . That fucker was cowering in the corner when Pelosi got done with him - lets hope the only dem with balls isn't the one with ovaries.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:14 pm

sharpy wrote:I was actually never a Pelosi fan, but I have to say, she just set the tone and gave an example of what EVERY democratic/ progressive / normal GOPer should do when faced with these assholes who try to demean and use semantics to make a point that doesn't exist. Call their ass out and let em  have it . That fucker was cowering in the corner when Pelosi got done with him - lets hope the only dem with balls isn't the one with ovaries.

When you say you weren't a fan, was it because you didn't really realize you were a fan?  I never paid her much attention, probably because I wasn't as into politics when she was speaker last time.  I just thought "Ok, she's speaker....people don't like her....maybe she's annoying or something."  I don't notice a single thing about her that's annoying.  She seems warm, honest, and direct.  She appears to be empathetic.  I think maybe I just didn't realize how awesome she is until this last year or so.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:59 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    sharpy wrote:I was actually never a Pelosi fan, but I have to say, she just set the tone and gave an example of what EVERY democratic/ progressive / normal GOPer should do when faced with these assholes who try to demean and use semantics to make a point that doesn't exist. Call their ass out and let em  have it . That fucker was cowering in the corner when Pelosi got done with him - lets hope the only dem with balls isn't the one with ovaries.

When you say you weren't a fan, was it because you didn't really realize you were a fan?  I never paid her much attention, probably because I wasn't as into politics when she was speaker last time.  I just thought "Ok, she's speaker....people don't like her....maybe she's annoying or something."  I don't notice a single thing about her that's annoying.  She seems warm, honest, and direct.  She appears to be empathetic.  I think maybe I just didn't realize how awesome she is until this last year or so.

Obviously I knew who she was, and would see her like you see any politician on any news show, and when she became the first female speaker of the house, she made history.  She was obviously capable, respected, smart.  But in those days, before the Trump circus, we didn't get to see the traits that the dems obviously saw when they made her the speaker the first time, and when they got behind her to be speaker this go around.  She has not made a single misstep.  She was masterful in keeping the shiny, new, more liberal freshmen in line...knowing that there were bigger things than policy coming down the pike.  She gets under Trump's skin like nobody's business.  I think when she says she prays for him, it sends him absolutely over the edge.  The fact that she says that this is nothing to be happy about...that it's a sad time in our history to have the leader of the free world pissing on the constitution.  The right has demonized her, just as they demonized Hillary and other key dems.  That's a tried and true tactic for them.  And I think when we got the majority, we had a discussion about this very thing...that we might be better off having another speaker, because the right always talk about the "San Francisco Liberal", but as I think I argued then, they would just demonize whoever became speaker.  I can't imagine anyone else handling this as perfectly as Pelosi has.  Her counterpart in the Senate pales in comparison.  Schumer needs to watch and learn.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:20 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

Obviously I knew who she was, and would see her like you see any politician on any news show, and when she became the first female speaker of the house, she made history.  She was obviously capable, respected, smart.  But in those days, before the Trump circus, we didn't get to see the traits that the dems obviously saw when they made her the speaker the first time, and when they got behind her to be speaker this go around.  She has not made a single misstep.  She was masterful in keeping the shiny, new, more liberal freshmen in line...knowing that there were bigger things than policy coming down the pike.  She gets under Trump's skin like nobody's business.  I think when she says she prays for him, it sends him absolutely over the edge.  The fact that she says that this is nothing to be happy about...that it's a sad time in our history to have the leader of the free world pissing on the constitution.  The right has demonized her, just as they demonized Hillary and other key dems.  That's a tried and true tactic for them.  And I think when we got the majority, we had a discussion about this very thing...that we might be better off having another speaker, because the right always talk about the "San Francisco Liberal", but as I think I argued then, they would just demonize whoever became speaker.  I can't imagine anyone else handling this as perfectly as Pelosi has.  Her counterpart in the Senate pales in comparison.  Schumer needs to watch and learn.

Especially agree about Schumer.  He strikes me as worthless as minority leader.  A clown in a senatorial suit.  Doesn't seem up to the job.  There's got to be someone better suited for that position.  Durbin would even be ok by me.  Or Klobuschar, who everyone seems to like but not enough to nominate for president.  I'm done with Chuck.  

And like you, I absolutely LOVE when Nancy mentions how she prays for Donald.  Hilarious.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:32 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

Especially agree about Schumer.  He strikes me as worthless as minority leader.  A clown in a senatorial suit.  Doesn't seem up to the job.  There's got to be someone better suited for that position.  Durbin would even be ok by me.  Or Klobuschar, who everyone seems to like but not enough to nominate for president.  I'm done with Chuck.  

And like you, I absolutely LOVE when Nancy mentions how she prays for Donald.  Hilarious.

I find it astounding that Mitch McConnell is the majority leader, but strictly on result, you kinda go "well, yeah, apparently his caucus sees something I don't".    I think if we ever get the majority back in the senate, we would still be looking to compromise and pass good legislation for the country.  I don't know if behind the scenes Schumer's making things tough for McConnell.  I mean, who knows...wasn't McCain touch and go on repealing ACA right up until the vote?  Was that Schumer's doing?  I like Dick Durbin a lot...and he's the #2 guy in the senate...but not sure I so much like him as the majority leader.  Perhaps.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:34 pm

blondy28 wrote:

I find it astounding that Mitch McConnell is the majority leader, but strictly on result, you kinda go "well, yeah, apparently his caucus sees something I don't".    I think if we ever get the majority back in the senate, we would still be looking to compromise and pass good legislation for the country.  I don't know if behind the scenes Schumer's making things tough for McConnell.  I mean, who knows...wasn't McCain touch and go on repealing ACA right up until the vote?  Was that Schumer's doing?  I like Dick Durbin a lot...and he's the #2 guy in the senate...but not sure I so much like him as the majority leader.  Perhaps.

I only bring up Durbin because I know he's sort of *next in line* for the job.  I like him and all, but would prefer someone that there's little chance that the opposition would really be able to piss and moan about, and who'd be a friendly face of the Dem party.  Amy is almost impossible to complain about.  Nice lady.  Polite.  Seems like she'd be your nice neighbor.  I also think she'd be a nice public face for a position that generally is loathed by the opposition.  Mitch is in that spot because of the results he gets in terms of applying strategy and getting the desired GOP result....lower taxes and right wing judges.  They don't give a fuck about much of anything else.  Beyond those things, he owns libs and conservatives love that.  We're here saying how much we like Nancy.  Are there conservatives that love Mitch?  Like Mitch?  Or are they just happy with the results while not particularly liking the guy?  I can't imagine that any intellectually honest person likes Mitch McConnell as the face of the GOP.  Do they?  There's surely no warmth.  He's not helping to bring folks to the GOP.  Beats me.  The guy is a repulsive dick who is an openly hypocritical asshole.  If I'm a repub, I don't want that as the face of my ideology.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:55 pm

The guy is a repulsive dick who is an openly hypocritical asshole.  If I'm a repub, I don't want that as the face of my ideology.

Not if you too were an openly hypocritical asshole. Which they seem to have a large population 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:54 am

I'm just going to add that once again, Pelosi has handled her job masterfully.  I think she's my favorite politician of my lifetime, and that has nothing to do with her ideology.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:40 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I'm just going to add that once again, Pelosi has handled her job masterfully.  I think she's my favorite politician of my lifetime, and that has nothing to do with her ideology.

The anti-Trump Republicans I follow on Twitter are pretty much in agreement that she was outstanding, especially for the glare she gave Democrats who were starting to applaud when it was announced that the first term of impeachment passed.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:53 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:I'm just going to add that once again, Pelosi has handled her job masterfully.  I think she's my favorite politician of my lifetime, and that has nothing to do with her ideology.

The anti-Trump Republicans I follow on Twitter are pretty much in agreement that she was outstanding, especially for the glare she gave Democrats who were starting to applaud when it was announced that the first term of impeachment passed.

She used her magic powers on them to make them stop when they foolishly began clapping.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 pm