Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+3
sharpy
blondy28
cream919
7 posters

Well...

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Well... Empty Well...

Post by blondy28 Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:12 pm

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Well... Empty Re: Well...

Post by blondy28 Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:22 pm

It appears they have updated this article since I read it at work a couple hours ago.  So speculation is Kavanaugh sexually assaulted someone in high school?  Can't imagine that will prevent his confirmation given that the GOP supported pedophile Roy Moore...unless there's irrefutable and disturbing evidence.  And even with that, the GOP has always managed to rationalize whatever they need to.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:31 pm

The Grand Old Party!!
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:26 am

I sure don't want to be judged based on what I may or may not have done in high school (which wasn't much thanks to a heavy case of Catholic guilt). Short of some girl washing up on the shore, this should have no impact on this hearing. And I'm saying this as someone not exactly enamored with the choice of Brett Kavanaugh.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:53 am

Agree. It ought to be looked into and checked out. Beyond that, it'll be quickly dropped unless it's something very significant.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:27 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Agree. It ought to be looked into and checked out.  Beyond that, it'll be quickly dropped unless it's something very significant.

For sure.  If this is anything along the lines of him sexually harassing a fellow classmate...this decade's Anita Hill...it ain't going anywhere.  If this is a full-on violent rape, then that has teeth.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:15 pm

So a woman says Kavanaugh held her down and put his hand over her mouth and tried to rape her at a party.  A friend, allegedly, held her down as well, and turned up the music so they couldn't hear her scream.  Friend has no recollection of event.  65 women wrote a letter in support of Brett.  Unless the woman can prove that she discussed this in therapy (which she said she did) and used his name, this ain't going anywhere.  But what's the with 65 women?  I mean, I have no doubt that they all thought/think that Brett's a fine guy, and was a great athlete (what does that have to do with anything????), but couldn't the same have been said for the Stanford rapist before he raped a drunk girl behind some dumpsters?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:28 pm

If Kavanaugh didn't assault the girl, why did the GOP have a letter signed by 65 women all ready to go?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:50 pm

Seems like a pretty fucking big-assed deal, i.e. if it's got any teeth, then it's a huge deal, and if it's bullshit, then the accuser ought to be considered a criminal for making such a claim.  

It won't matter, even if she finds corroborators.  Same as the lady who claimed Trump raped her as a teen.  These people either get scared of being killed for coming forward, or they are lying and begin to fear backlash if it's found out they lied.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:50 pm

Gotta say, I think this is becoming a big-assed MF'ing deal.  The accuser is on the record in namesake, is a credible witness, being a professor in California, has notes in her therapy file talking about it since 2012, and has now passed a polygraph test administered to her by the FBI about the whole thing.  Dare I say Fuck this Kavanaugh bitch.  He sounds like he might be a monster.  I think he's lying.  I don't like him but I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt up until the witness came forward with a credible story.  

I still don't think this will stop him from being seated on the Court.  I almost think the Dems ought to openly campaign on planning to repeatedly impeach the guy if he's seated without a full scale deep dive into this and some sort of clearing of the charges.  That's not my ordinary approach, but this seems really serious.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:10 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Gotta say, I think this is becoming a big-assed MF'ing deal.  The accuser is on the record in namesake, is a credible witness, being a professor in California, has notes in her therapy file talking about it since 2012, and has now passed a polygraph test administered to her by the FBI about the whole thing.  Dare I say Fuck this Kavanaugh bitch.  He sounds like he might be a monster.  I think he's lying.  I don't like him but I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt up until the witness came forward with a credible story.  

I still don't think this will stop him from being seated on the Court.  I almost think the Dems ought to openly campaign on planning to repeatedly impeach the guy if he's seated without a full scale deep dive into this and some sort of clearing of the charges.  That's not my ordinary approach, but this seems really serious.

A polygraph administered by the FBI?  You mean the FBI who is fucking over Trump with a witch hunt?  You trust them????
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:02 pm

Flake is now saying the vote needs to be held off until more is heard about this.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:23 pm

Wonder how John Roberts is feeling about all this? He has proven to be fairly level headed, don't agree with all his decisions, but at least he seems somewhat rationale.  How does he feel about "his" court and his legacy going forward with some of the people put along side him? 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:02 pm

sharpy wrote:Wonder how John Roberts is feeling about all this? He has proven to be fairly level headed, don't agree with all his decisions, but at least he seems somewhat rationale.  How does he feel about "his" court and his legacy going forward with some of the people put along side him? 

Since he doesn't play a role in putting these dudes in place, I doubt he gives a huge shit.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:08 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    sharpy wrote:Wonder how John Roberts is feeling about all this? He has proven to be fairly level headed, don't agree with all his decisions, but at least he seems somewhat rationale.  How does he feel about "his" court and his legacy going forward with some of the people put along side him? 

Since he doesn't play a role in putting these dudes in place, I doubt he gives a huge shit.

He probably cares about the legacy of "his" court. But you are right, he has no control over who is put onto the Court.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:48 pm

This thing has no legs. In the end, it'll be lots of thunder but no lightning.  Clarence Thomas redux.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:11 pm

Sounds like they want this accuser's hearing to be done privately and not publicly.  That tells me the GOP thinks she's a solid witness and they fear the public siding with her.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:02 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Sounds like they want this accuser's hearing to be done privately and not publicly.  That tells me the GOP thinks she's a solid witness and they fear the public siding with her.

People are trying to compare this with Clarence Thomas and Anita Hill. I disagree with that. Both of them were minors when this happened. 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:16 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Sounds like they want this accuser's hearing to be done privately and not publicly.  That tells me the GOP thinks she's a solid witness and they fear the public siding with her.

People are trying to compare this with Clarence Thomas and Anita Hill. I disagree with that. Both of them were minors when this happened. 

Agreed.  Very different situations.  They were minors when this occurred, and the charges are a bit more serious (attempted rape, or some kind of physical assault versus verbal harassment).  I can vaguely recall some of the crazy shit I did as a kid, but I'd struggle to recall specific parties and places where I did crazy stuff.  I expect the same of this guy, whether or not he's being truthful.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:40 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Agreed.  Very different situations.  They were minors when this occurred, and the charges are a bit more serious (attempted rape, or some kind of physical assault versus verbal harassment).  I can vaguely recall some of the crazy shit I did as a kid, but I'd struggle to recall specific parties and places where I did crazy stuff.  I expect the same of this guy, whether or not he's being truthful.

Yeah, I can't believe the people on the right who are trying to compare this with drunken teen hi-jinx.  The way this has been described is disturbing.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:58 pm

alohafri wrote:

They replayed some of the hearings on WGN radio today, and Clarence Thomas is about as offensive a douche as there is.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:18 pm

Kavanaugh says he wasn't at the party in question.  He's a year older than me.  I went to a TON of parties in high school, and I couldn't tell you with any certainty that I wasn't at a party.  I'm probably better able to say with certain that I WAS at a party, assuming that someone brings it up and I remember it very specifically, but it's entirely feasible that someone bring up a party about which I have no recollection, even if I were there.  So how does Kavanaugh remember that he wasn't there?  And Dr. Ford says she doesn't remember the house where the party was, so without a party location, how the fuck does the sexual predator know that he wasn't there?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:06 pm

blondy28 wrote:Kavanaugh says he wasn't at the party in question.  He's a year older than me.  I went to a TON of parties in high school, and I couldn't tell you with any certainty that I wasn't at a party.  I'm probably better able to say with certain that I WAS at a party, assuming that someone brings it up and I remember it very specifically, but it's entirely feasible that someone bring up a party about which I have no recollection, even if I were there.  So how does Kavanaugh remember that he wasn't there?  And Dr. Ford says she doesn't remember the house where the party was, so without a party location, how the fuck does the sexual predator know that he wasn't there?

I was struck by the same thing, which is that they haven't announced the location of the incident.  I have friends occasionally tell me about funny shit we encountered in college at a bar or a party, and I'm like "what?  Was I at that?"

Regardless, sounds like there'll now be a public hearing soon.  Compelling television, I'm sure.  I have a tendency to believe stories like this, but I'm nowhere near ready to call him a sexual predator any more than I'm willing to declare her as truthful.  Still, between having it in her therapy notes and passing a polygraph, I mean holy shit...is he willing to take a polygraph?  I can assure you he'll be asked that by a dem senator during that hearing.

I'm not particularly sure what she has to gain from all of this, unless she's being fed a boatload of secret cash for doing it.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:19 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Yeah, I can't believe the people on the right who are trying to compare this with drunken teen hi-jinx.  The way this has been described is disturbing.

So people should be held accountable for things they did 35 years ago when they were kids?
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:21 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:Kavanaugh says he wasn't at the party in question.  He's a year older than me.  I went to a TON of parties in high school, and I couldn't tell you with any certainty that I wasn't at a party.  I'm probably better able to say with certain that I WAS at a party, assuming that someone brings it up and I remember it very specifically, but it's entirely feasible that someone bring up a party about which I have no recollection, even if I were there.  So how does Kavanaugh remember that he wasn't there?  And Dr. Ford says she doesn't remember the house where the party was, so without a party location, how the fuck does the sexual predator know that he wasn't there?

I was struck by the same thing, which is that they haven't announced the location of the incident.  I have friends occasionally tell me about funny shit we encountered in college at a bar or a party, and I'm like "what?  Was I at that?"

Regardless, sounds like there'll now be a public hearing soon.  Compelling television, I'm sure.  I have a tendency to believe stories like this, but I'm nowhere near ready to call him a sexual predator any more than I'm willing to declare her as truthful.  Still, between having it in her therapy notes and passing a polygraph, I mean holy shit...is he willing to take a polygraph?  I can assure you he'll be asked that by a dem senator during that hearing.

I'm not particularly sure what she has to gain from all of this, unless she's being fed a boatload of secret cash for doing it.

As I'm watching the Bears game, I can hear Laura Ingraham upstairs complaining about the additional hearings that this is going to take. At least he's getting a hearing, which is more than I can say for Merrick Garland. But, naturally, that's ancient history.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 pm