Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

Schwarber's Dive

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Schwarber's Dive Empty Schwarber's Dive

Post by alohafri Mon May 08, 2017 10:54 am

That could have easily been a career-ender last night, diving into the seats like that. If he hits his forehead on the back of a seat or a seat itself and snaps his neck, it's all over.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Schwarber's Dive Empty Re: Schwarber's Dive

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon May 08, 2017 11:37 am

Hard to believe the way he went over the edge of that cement wall and didn't come away a little injured. It hurt just watching. Aside from that, is it me or is Schwarber just a bit overrated with his .788 career OPS? Granted, he's still young and strong and could really improve a lot, but people act like this guy is some kind of serious offensive force. I still maintain that they should have dealt him to the AL in the offseason. He's clearly a DH in the long term. His value was high. They probably could have gotten some nice value for him. I bet they could have sent him and another decent prospect or two for Quintana in the offseason. They are struggling with their pitching out of the 4-5 holes.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon May 08, 2017 11:40 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Hard to believe the way he went over the edge of that cement wall and didn't come away a little injured.  It hurt just watching.  Aside from that, is it me or is Schwarber just a bit overrated with his .788 career OPS?  Granted, he's still young and strong and could really improve a lot, but people act like this guy is some kind of serious offensive force.  I still maintain that they should have dealt him to the AL in the offseason.  He's clearly a DH in the long term.  His value was high.  They probably could have gotten some nice value for him.  I bet they could have sent him and another decent prospect or two for Quintana in the offseason.  They are struggling with their pitching out of the 4-5 holes.  

I said the same thing and Cub fans scoffed. I maintain that he is a liability between the lines and behind the plate. Maybe they are secretly hoping for the NL to adopt the designated hitter.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon May 08, 2017 11:41 am

And go figure that a Chicago fan base would overrate on of its players.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Wed May 10, 2017 7:08 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Hard to believe the way he went over the edge of that cement wall and didn't come away a little injured.  It hurt just watching.  Aside from that, is it me or is Schwarber just a bit overrated with his .788 career OPS?  Granted, he's still young and strong and could really improve a lot, but people act like this guy is some kind of serious offensive force.  I still maintain that they should have dealt him to the AL in the offseason.  He's clearly a DH in the long term.  His value was high.  They probably could have gotten some nice value for him.  I bet they could have sent him and another decent prospect or two for Quintana in the offseason.  They are struggling with their pitching out of the 4-5 holes.  

I said the same thing and Cub fans scoffed. I maintain that he is a liability between the lines and behind the plate. Maybe they are secretly hoping for the NL to adopt the designated hitter.

They must see something in him. They got rid of Solar and kept him. Now, they have some more "stud" outfielders in their system so it will be interesting to see if he survives. He strikes me as kind of base - like he should be playing outside linebacker for the Bears ..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content