Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

steely dan

sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

steely dan  Empty steely dan

Post by sharpy Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:47 pm

Walter Becker, age 67 - co-founder of Steeley Dan - never really a big fan but certainly had some very critically acclaimed records 
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

steely dan  Empty Re: steely dan

Post by alohafri Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:54 pm

sharpy wrote:Walter Becker, age 67 - co-founder of Steeley Dan - never really a big fan but certainly had some very critically acclaimed records 

I thought the same thing. Peg is a big fan, I can take them or leave them, but they were pretty renowned musicians.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:56 pm

Great band but somewhat a reminder of a not too good period in my life. I rehearsed in the basement with one of the best collection of musicians I ever worked with but we were all so fucked up on various substances that the basement is where we stayed...never played a gig. "Pretzel Logic" was one of the records that was new at the time and we focused heavily on taking material from it among other albums by various artists. Had the material down too...just too bad that the music tended to come in secondary to the the other interests we had. It all lasted about 8 months and just, well, fell apart. No surprise really. Love that album but bittersweet memories.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:47 am

cream919 wrote:Great band but somewhat a reminder of a not too good period in my life. I rehearsed in the basement with one of the best collection of musicians I ever worked with but we were all so fucked up on various substances that the basement is where we stayed...never played a gig. "Pretzel Logic" was one of the records that was new at the time and we focused heavily on taking material from it among other albums by various artists. Had the material down too...just too bad that the music tended to come in secondary to the the other interests we had. It all lasted about 8 months and just, well, fell apart. No surprise really. Love that album but bittersweet memories.

Interesting story, Cream.  I'll bet there are many who have a similar album or two, which they acknowledge as good or great, but can't bring themselves to enjoy it due to it reminding them of a painful part of their past.  Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:25 am