Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+5
joepoe
Fanboy For Life
cream919
alohafri
s0ch0a
9 posters

Rebuild

s0ch0a
    Not a Fanboy

Rebuild Empty Rebuild

Post by s0ch0a Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:02 am

It's easy to be "all in" on the Sox rebuild. It's painful to watch the product currently on the field. And it will probably be just as bad next year.

Looks like Burdi is the first of our top prospects to bow out - even if just for a year.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Rebuild Empty Re: Rebuild

Post by cream919 Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:16 am

This is one of the problems I have with keeping prospects in the minors for "seasoning". You run the risk of fucking up their careers before they ever get a moment's worth of play on the main stage. So in the meantime you have a piece of shit team on the field that is giving playing experience to piece of shit players who don't figure into the teams future in any way whatsoever. Yet another example of stupid baseball logic.  Rolling Eyes Yeah yeah yeah...I know...prospects are "raw'. So what? Let them learn where you have intentions of letting them play to begin with. That's what you have coaches for.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:26 pm

cream919 wrote:This is one of the problems I have with keeping prospects in the minors for "seasoning". You run the risk of fucking up their careers before they ever get a moment's worth of play on the main stage. So in the meantime you have a piece of shit team on the field that is giving playing experience to piece of shit players who don't figure into the teams future in any way whatsoever. Yet another example of stupid baseball logic.  Rolling Eyes Yeah yeah yeah...I know...prospects are "raw'. So what? Let them learn where you have intentions of letting them play to begin with. That's what you have coaches for.

"Coaches" like Todd Steverson?
    Fanboy For Life
    Fanboy For Life
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Fanboy For Life Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:39 pm

There is MONEY involved.  If some kid is not ready, why are you bringing him up to start the free agency clock running?
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:38 pm

That's very true but if that's the case it's not about building for the future it's about saving a buck. And how do you define "ready"? Are you calling the clowns the White Sox are playing now "ready"?
    Fanboy For Life
    Fanboy For Life
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Fanboy For Life Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:42 am

I am not living in a World of self delusion regarding this franchise.

Win Now-Reload with players at the tail end of their careers was an absolute failure and was killing interest in this franchise.

To be dead last in 2015 in local TV ratings in this market is just incredible.

The Sox are a LIMITED PARTNERSHIP.  They can not lose money.  Reinsdorf is a brilliant businessman.  The value of the franchise has increased beyond his wildest dreams.

Any idea that he is EVER going out and signing players to huge longterm deals is nuts.  Signing Bryce Harper and owing him $500,000,000 over time DECREASES the value of the franchise.  

How anybody could give a damn about this season and next season mystifies me.  Houston did this.  The Cubs did this.

The White Sox CAN NOT be operated like the Yankees, Red Sox and Dodgers.

I would rather have some hope for the future than PRETEND THEY CONTEND with WIN NOW-RELOAD which was death with 1,000 paper cuts.
    Fanboy For Life
    Fanboy For Life
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Fanboy For Life Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:15 am

Not too hard to factor in other things.  Reinsdorf is 80.  Reinsdorf has said he wants his heirs to sell the Sox upon his passing.

Strip payroll to bare bones and have players under financial control for 6 years.

Pretty attractive to a buyer.

Seems the agenda of Hall of Fame Businessman was never quite on the same page with that of the DEVOTED FANBOY!!

ROTFLMFAO!!!
    s0ch0a
    Not a Fanboy

Post by s0ch0a Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:06 pm

As I said in my original post, I'm all in on the rebuild, but it IS painful to watch the current product, and it will be even more so when Robertson, Melky, Kahnle and Frazier go.

I have no choice at this point but to trust that Hahn, et. al. know when the best time is to start bringing up the prospects. But as a fan, I can still want to see them ASAP (fans not always being rational). I have no delusions that '17 or '18 will see a decent team on the field.

I also hope that our player development staff can do the job in converting prospects to solid - if not spectacular - major-league players. From all indications, they have the material to work with now.
    Fanboy For Life
    Fanboy For Life
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Fanboy For Life Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:21 pm

What truly is painful is the DEFENSE.  Does not seem to matter who the Manager is or who the players are.  Year after year.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:55 pm

Never fear....the boys are becoming "seasoned". lol
    Fanboy For Life
    Fanboy For Life
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Fanboy For Life Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:57 am

Hahn is doing exactly what he said he was going to do.

Players do not just magically appear.

It takes a special kind of idiot to think trading Sale translated into GOING FOR IT.

5 post season appearances in now 37 seasons suggests a different approach might be beneficial.
    joepoe
    joepoe
    Not a Fanboy

Post by joepoe Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:49 pm

Many years of baseball history have shown that throwing young kids into the majors before they are ready for ML pitching or hitting usually does not work, and has destroyed many a career, so I am not on board with that.
    telefrank
    telefrank
    Not a Fanboy

Post by telefrank Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:25 pm

I'm thinking bringing Mocada up is sort of like an appetizer. Hopefully they'll let the rest of the meal cook before presenting it. 

Here's a thought. Media is wacking off telling us how the Sox now have so many of MLB's top prospects. Great, what happens after they go thru this bunch? Will they have a second, third and fourth wave of prospects? Can the organization stock itself with out taking the top people from others? That's the real test.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:28 pm

I'm just happy saying goodbye to stiffs like Frazier. Hope the door didn't hit him in the ass on the way out.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:08 am

cream919 wrote:I'm just happy saying goodbye to stiffs like Frazier. Hope the door didn't hit him in the ass on the way out.

I kinda hope it did.
    s0ch0a
    Not a Fanboy

Post by s0ch0a Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:55 am

telefrank wrote:I'm thinking bringing Mocada up is sort of like an appetizer. Hopefully they'll let the rest of the meal cook before presenting it. 

Here's a thought. Media is wacking off telling us how the Sox now have so many of MLB's top prospects. Great, what happens after they go thru this bunch? Will they have a second, third and fourth wave of prospects? Can the organization stock itself with out taking the top people from others? That's the real test.
    Hope the second wave of prospects are the result of what should be a good draft position in '18. And probably '19.
    Fanboy For Life
    Fanboy For Life
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Fanboy For Life Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:33 am

When are Rios, Dunn, LaRoche, Shields, Viciedo, Youkilis and the rest of the Win Now-Reload bunch being inducted into the Hall of Fame?
    joepoe
    joepoe
    Not a Fanboy

Post by joepoe Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:37 pm

Fanboy For Life wrote:When are Rios, Dunn, LaRoche, Shields, Viciedo, Youkilis and the rest of the Win Now-Reload bunch being inducted into the Hall of Fame?

WE just failed to bring in the RIGHT free agents! WIN NOW! RELOAD!
    Fanboy For Life
    Fanboy For Life
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Fanboy For Life Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:31 am

2nd Wild Card action!!!
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:18 pm

That four game winning streak was fun. Now, back to #tankforbeer!
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:38 am

Giolotto pitched fairly well last night. It wasn't his fault that the offense couldn't score with the bases loaded...twice...once with no outs and the bases loaded.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:25 am

Saw folks alluding to him being a bust, of all things, because he gave up some HRs.  I didn't get to see much of him, but when I watched, I loved the movement on his curve.  Yikes.  Hope he can throw it for a strike.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:06 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Saw folks alluding to him being a bust, of all things, because he gave up some HRs.  I didn't get to see much of him, but when I watched, I loved the movement on his curve.  Yikes.  Hope he can throw it for a strike.

That was the "WIN NOW" crowd. Naturally, if he isn't inducted into the Hall of Fame after his first inning with the Sox, he's a bust.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:44 am

I get the "rebuild" and all that but, man, these games are painful to watch. I'm good for about an inning or two and then fuck it. I just hope that after all is said and done it's been worth it.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:48 am

cream919 wrote:I get the "rebuild" and all that but, man, these games are painful to watch. I'm good for about an inning or two and then fuck it. I just hope that after all is said and done it's been worth it.

Look for the little glimmers of hope in these games.  Leury seems like he's actually a player.  Nick Ribeye is on pace to be the greatest player in baseball history.  Avi is still hitting.  Giolito's curve was great.  Rodon has been dominant lately.  Moncada is playing.  I realize none of these things are enough to shoot the wad over but I find myself flipping over to Sox games for little bits here and there to see if anything interesting is happening.  But yeah, if I stay on the channel for too long it becomes pretty cumbersome.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:48 am