Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

2 posters

A gem

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

A gem Empty A gem

Post by blondy28 Sat May 04, 2019 7:46 pm

Kyle Hendricks pitched a gem yesterday.  Was a thing of beauty to watch.  He hasn't looked great this year, 2-4 thus far, but an 81-pitch complete game shutout is pretty impressive.  It's one of those games where although he gave up 4 hits, he looked better than some pitchers who have no hit a team.  That it came against the Cardinals made it that much sweeter.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

A gem Empty Re: A gem

Post by jaywit Sat May 04, 2019 10:18 pm

I guess the days of complete game shutouts are coming to an end;  or at least to a significant rarity.

A sign of how in baseball the times have changed:

The other day as I was leaving work I turn on the radio in the car and on the ESPN channel the network announcer says "...and earlier today we had this.." and they break to the announcer of a baseball game who says "...1-2 count here's the wind-up and the pitch.  STRIKE THREE!  He's done it!" and as I'm wondering who has pitched a no-hitter the announcer continues "...Noah Syndergard has pitched a complete game 4 hit shutout!"
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat May 04, 2019 10:26 pm

jaywit wrote:I guess the days of complete game shutouts are coming to an end;  or at least to a significant rarity.

A sign of how in baseball the times have changed:

The other day as I was leaving work I turn on the radio in the car and on the ESPN channel the network announcer says "...and earlier today we had this.." and they break to the announcer of a baseball game who says "...1-2 count here's the wind-up and the pitch.  STRIKE THREE!  He's done it!" and as I'm wondering who has pitched a no-hitter the announcer continues "...Noah Syndergard has pitched a complete game 4 hit shutout!"

Was that the 1-0 game where he hit the game winning solo homer?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:02 am