Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

W-TIN

jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

W-TIN Empty W-TIN

Post by jaywit Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:27 pm

All board members, please be warned and warn your loved ones about W-TIN (wind-turbine induce neoplasms).  The incidence of these is rising faster than Lopez's ERA.  If anyone gets near a wind turbine I suggest ear muffling head-phones.  You could just save your life.

Assuming that some people who work for Trumps admin are sensible, you have to wonder about the discussions that must take place to publicly minimize the political fallout and you have to wonder how often they must cringe every time he speaks publicly.

https://www.vox.com/2019/4/4/18295094/mercedes-schlapp-trump-wind-turbines-cancer
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

W-TIN Empty Re: W-TIN

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:45 pm

jaywit wrote:All board members, please be warned and warn your loved ones about W-TIN (wind-turbine induce neoplasms).  The incidence of these is rising faster than Lopez's ERA.  If anyone gets near a wind turbine I suggest ear muffling head-phones.  You could just save your life.

Assuming that some people who work for Trumps admin are sensible, you have to wonder about the discussions that must take place to publicly minimize the political fallout and you have to wonder how often they must cringe every time he speaks publicly.

https://www.vox.com/2019/4/4/18295094/mercedes-schlapp-trump-wind-turbines-cancer

Is anyone ever surprised by any facet of this dumpster fire at this point?
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:33 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    jaywit wrote:All board members, please be warned and warn your loved ones about W-TIN (wind-turbine induce neoplasms).  The incidence of these is rising faster than Lopez's ERA.  If anyone gets near a wind turbine I suggest ear muffling head-phones.  You could just save your life.

I am amazed at the willful disregard for the truth his supporters display.  It's not blind love.  It's willful.  They know he lies but that doesn't matter.  His lies are so obvious and so dumb that they can't possibly deny them.  The truth doesn't have as much importance to them as what?  Loyalty?  Hatred for the other side?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:38 pm

jaywit wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

I am amazed at the willful disregard for the truth his supporters display.  It's not blind love.  It's willful.  They know he lies but that doesn't matter.  His lies are so obvious and so dumb that they can't possibly deny them.  The truth doesn't have as much importance to them as what?  Loyalty?  Hatred for the other side?

He tells blatant lies, and then the cult members repeat it and argue it with you.  Kark is probably on the other board right now claiming 3 million Mexicans illegally voted for Hillary.  Somehow it went from "I don't care what stupid lies he tells.  I just support his policies" to "He's telling the truth, but the fake news won't report it."
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:55 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

He tells blatant lies, and then the cult members repeat it and argue it with you.  Kark is probably on the other board right now claiming 3 million Mexicans illegally voted for Hillary.  Somehow it went from "I don't care what stupid lies he tells.  I just support his policies" to "He's telling the truth, but the fake news won't report it."
    I doubt my office will get a single call from a Trump supporter who is worried that they heard the whirr from a wind turbine.  But still they won't deny what he says.  It's not even a cult.  If it were a cult they'd believe whatever he says.  If they truly believed that they'd be jamming primary providers for check ups for cancer.  It's hard to fathom.  "Don't believe Trump but believe in Trump."
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:02 pm

jaywit wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

I doubt my office will get a single call from a Trump supporter who is worried that they heard the whirr from a wind turbine.  But still they won't deny what he says.  It's not even a cult.  If it were a cult they'd believe whatever he says.  If they truly believed that they'd be jamming primary providers for check ups for cancer.  It's hard to fathom.  "Don't believe Trump but believe in Trump."

Whether it's a cult or something else, they are surely behind him.  A friend of mine that loves him usually says "yeah, he's uncouth, and he farts in church, but history will see him as one of our greatest presidents."  He actually believes this, and he laughs openly at me for thinking otherwise.  I don't waste my breath on it anymore.  It's pointlesss.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:41 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

Whether it's a cult or something else, they are surely behind him.  A friend of mine that loves him usually says "yeah, he's uncouth, and he farts in church, but history will see him as one of our greatest presidents."  He actually believes this, and he laughs openly at me for thinking otherwise.  I don't waste my breath on it anymore.  It's pointlesss.
    Boorish or sophomoric behavior is one thing and you and I and just about everyone on this board has been boorish and sophomoric at sometime.  But the reason I've liked this board, in addition to the boorish behavior, is that everyone has integrity.  I can believe what you write.  I may have different views of what is best but I never doubted the intent and veracity.  I remain amazed that his supporters en masse know he has no integrity but still do not leave his side.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:05 pm

jaywit wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

Boorish or sophomoric behavior is one thing and you and I and just about everyone on this board has been boorish and sophomoric at sometime.  But the reason I've liked this board, in addition to the boorish behavior, is that everyone has integrity.  I can believe what you write.  I may have different views of what is best but I never doubted the intent and veracity.  I remain amazed that his supporters en masse know he has no integrity but still do not leave his side.

Very good points.  Whether we all agree here or not, we here seem to at least understand that we all have personal or important reasons for why we feel the way we do, and have some degree of respect for that and for each other.  In the case of Trump, it appears to me that his brand is currently that he likes to dance on the liberal tears he creates.  Doesn't matter to his supporters if it's true, or a good idea, or a bad idea.  What matters is did it make liberals furious?  Did they cry?  Shriek?  If it did, then the Trump support crew LOVES it.  That's his brand.  And if he lies about something, and we libs get pissy about it, then his supporters are just thrilled about it.  It's truly the weirdest shit I've ever seen.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:06 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

Kark is probably right now calling the White House to have them put wind turbines throughout Mexico. If they get cancer, they will die before crossing the border.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:17 am

I honestly believe the man (Trump, not Kark) is suffering from some form of dementia...whether Alzheimer's like his father, or something induced by an STD. He repeats lies about stupid things ("my father was born in Germany", etc.); things that can be very easily verified. He makes threats and then backs down on them within days, seeming to claim that he never made the threat in the first place.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:20 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

So that's 1 million from each of the three Mexicos?
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:07 pm

Loyalty?  Hatred for the other side?

Yes and Yes....and I might add a jaw-dropping dose of stupidity to drop into the mix. His blue-collar supporters are too ignorant to realize they are akin to a chicken voting for Col. Sanders. 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:15 am