Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

More candidates

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

More candidates Empty More candidates

Post by blondy28 Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:41 pm

Not happy to hear about Amy Klobuchar being impossible to work with, although that's not necessarily a deal breaker, given the impossible to work with man currently residing in the White House.  Still love her, but would prefer her unblemished.

Beto has an interview with Oprah airing a week from tomorrow that I'm anxious to see, and there's an HBO documentary coming out about him.  I'd like to see him run.  Still, I think that Biden has to head any ticket, so a Biden/Klobuchar or Biden/Beto ticket would be pretty strong.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

More candidates Empty Re: More candidates

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:27 am

blondy28 wrote:Not happy to hear about Amy Klobuchar being impossible to work with, although that's not necessarily a deal breaker, given the impossible to work with man currently residing in the White House.  Still love her, but would prefer her unblemished.

Beto has an interview with Oprah airing a week from tomorrow that I'm anxious to see, and there's an HBO documentary coming out about him.  I'd like to see him run.  Still, I think that Biden has to head any ticket, so a Biden/Klobuchar or Biden/Beto ticket would be pretty strong.

I'm bummed to hear that about Klobuchar, but it's hard for me to believe it would block her from making a run if she comes out and makes sense, and can communicate her positions affably to the camera and to crowds.  Americans are forgiving people (obviously, if Trump won). 

I can't help but think the best hope for Dems is for Biden to quickly be seen as the main candidate and for him to declare he's running for a single term with his preferred successor running as his VP candidate, be it Harris or Klobuchar or someone else, so that people who are hungry for a female candidate will feel that a ticket like that satiates their needs well enough to move forward.  I'm conflicted.  Harris will help to galvanize black vote across the south so that such a ticket might have a chance in GA, possibly, or NC or possibly SC, but I worry she'd be seen as too liberal and harm chances in places like MI and WI.  Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I believe IA and OH are flipped to red for the immediate future, especially while Trump is president.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:44 pm

Pete Buttigieg, Mayor of South Bend, Indiana, has thrown his hat into the ring. Harvard grad, Rhodes Scholar, Afghanistan vet and openly gay. Was the youngest mayor of a city of at least 100,000 population. Here we are in shithole Indiana and this guy is wildly popular in South Bend. He won his race with almost 75% of the popular vote. The other night he was on MSNBC with Chris Matthews and more than held his own. 

A long shot? Of course he is. So was Trump. Check this dude out...one hell of a smart guy.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:56 pm

I'm still liking Tulsi.  Coming down hard on Saudi Arabia saying "...we've got to admit that Saudi Arabia is not our ally..."
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:28 pm

jaywit wrote:I'm still liking Tulsi.  Coming down hard on Saudi Arabia saying "...we've got to admit that Saudi Arabia is not our ally..."

I tend to think she'd have a better chance of running as an independent or a Repub.  I watched her in an interview on Morning Joe the other day, being interviewed by some liberal pundits and newsies, and good lord they seemed to despise her.  They were almost mocking her answers regarding Syria and whether Assad is an enemy of the US.  She seemed fairly pro-Assad and these folks were just beside themselves.  For the record, Jay, I'm not taking a stand on this.  I'm quite a dummy regarding policy with the middle east.  I only know Assad has been responsible for what amounts to practically genocide in Syria, so I'd assume Tulsi would say Assad is a monster and our enemy.  When she didn't, they were all almost laughing in her face.  My guess is that she isn't going to get traction from the left.  Of course they said similar things about Trump not getting traction from the right.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:28 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    jaywit wrote:I'm still liking Tulsi.  Coming down hard on Saudi Arabia saying "...we've got to admit that Saudi Arabia is not our ally..."

I tend to think she'd have a better chance of running as an independent or a Repub.  I watched her in an interview on Morning Joe the other day, being interviewed by some liberal pundits and newsies, and good lord they seemed to despise her.  They were almost mocking her answers regarding Syria and whether Assad is an enemy of the US.  She seemed fairly pro-Assad and these folks were just beside themselves.  For the record, Jay, I'm not taking a stand on this.  I'm quite a dummy regarding policy with the middle east.  I only know Assad has been responsible for what amounts to practically genocide in Syria, so I'd assume Tulsi would say Assad is a monster and our enemy.  When she didn't, they were all almost laughing in her face.  My guess is that she isn't going to get traction from the left.  Of course they said similar things about Trump not getting traction from the right.
    I saw parts of that interview replayed.  She will probably take that interview as a learning point.  Admittedly, Rob, I don't think she presented her point well that Assad is not a declared enemy of the US.  Still, she needed to say that he's a bad man and his actions can't be condoned.  I've never watched that show but I was astonished by the 4 or 5 hosts who seemed ready to grab her by the throat.  I guess it makes good tv for some.

She has caught heat for previously meeting with Assad.  She is catching heat for saying she is willing to meet with other dictators.  She remains unapologetic (something other democrats might want to consider) and explains that the current methods being used by the US and the military/industrial complex are not working.  She's really a conundrum.  Same person who meets with Assad also quits vice chair of the DNC in 2016 to endorse Bernie's election run. 

It's so early in the election season and I really don't know much about any of the candidates yet but I like her manner of presentation, her outspokenness against big pharma/insurance industry, military/industrial complex, Saudi Arabia, oil industry, PAC money.  

But, being real, she's brown.  She's Hindu.  She's a she.  Does she really have a chance?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:21 am

Had no idea she's Hindu. I thought she was dark because she is Hawaiian. I am no longer fearful a dark skinned woman can't win, but it'll take the right one.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:39 am

Meanwhile, Trump has adopted Hillary's "Stronger Together" campaign slogan, which makes sense, since he always loved her, supported her, donated to her, and said she would make a great president before he ran against her.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 am