Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

Tiger Woods

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Tiger Woods Empty Tiger Woods

Post by blondy28 Tue May 30, 2017 6:08 pm

No golf board, so I thought I'd post here.  Umm....Tiger...I know my way around a vicodin, and trust me, that reaction you had before getting behind that wheel was the desired reaction, not an unexpected one.  Back when Tiger was exposed as a serial philanderer, he talked about all of these trysts involving him taking ambien with alcohol.  I can't imagine how one parties on that particular concoction, as it would just make me sleep, but I did meet a woman in AA whose party drug combo was something similar.  Combine a guy with a history of addictive behaviors with 4 back surgeries in three years, and that, my friend, results in a wicked opioid addiction.  When I saw those eyes in his mugshot, I knew those were painkiller eyes if I'd ever seen them.  He's lucky he's not this year's Prince...yet.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Tiger Woods Empty Re: Tiger Woods

Post by cream919 Tue May 30, 2017 10:52 pm

Dude's a mess.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed May 31, 2017 12:16 pm

Stop the presses! I agree with Blondy. No doubt he was prescribed pain pills for his recent surgery, but these actions are more like an opiod addiction.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Wed May 31, 2017 10:45 pm

Stop the presses! I agree with Blondy.

I just felt the world shift on its axis. 
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:35 am

Agree. We just all heard how great he was feeling since the last surgery and how was on his way back. If that is the case, why do you still need pain meds? Because you've become addicted. First time I ever heard of prescription drug addiction that I remember, excluding Elvis, was Jerry Lewis, for the same reason, back pain
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:05 pm

sharpy wrote:Agree. We just all heard how great he was feeling since the last surgery and how was on his way back. If that is the case, why do you still need pain meds? Because you've become addicted. First time I ever heard of prescription drug addiction that I remember, excluding Elvis, was Jerry Lewis, for the same reason, back pain

I assumed that the reason he was feeling so great was because of the pills.  Yeah, vicodin will do that for ya...until it turns on you.  

All the talk now is about how stupid his handlers were to release that statement.  "It wasn't alcohol!"  As if the smorgasbord of pills that he took is better than downing a few margaritas.  

How many more athletes have to become addicts before we start prescribing pot instead of narcotics?
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:41 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    sharpy wrote:Agree. We just all heard how great he was feeling since the last surgery and how was on his way back. If that is the case, why do you still need pain meds? Because you've become addicted. First time I ever heard of prescription drug addiction that I remember, excluding Elvis, was Jerry Lewis, for the same reason, back pain

I assumed that the reason he was feeling so great was because of the pills.  Yeah, vicodin will do that for ya...until it turns on you.  

All the talk now is about how stupid his handlers were to release that statement.  "It wasn't alcohol!"  As if the smorgasbord of pills that he took is better than downing a few margaritas.  

How many more athletes have to become addicts before we start prescribing pot Malort instead of narcotics?

Fixed it for ya! Wink
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:52 pm

Well, you're almost there, Tiger.  You aren't getting professional help to "manage" your medications.  You're an addict.  I truly feel for the guy.  My pain is bad...miss work sometimes, and I have a level of pain everyday.  And when it's really bad...and I'm on my third day...I would fold like a cheap tent and take a handful of painkillers if they were available to me.  I can't imagine having Steve Kerr-like pain and not being able to take pain medication.  **IF** that's the kind of pain Tiger is dealing with, not sure how you deal with that on a daily basis if narcotics are not an option.  I hope there's something that will get him some relief.  And I hope he is able to be honest with himself.  He admitted to being a sex addict...not sure why he wouldn't admit to being a drug addict.  Only thing I can think of is that because he actually IS in pain, he thinks he's not an addict.  Not exactly an uncommon perspective when you come to addiction from chronic pain.  I suspect he will eventually get to the place where he can admit it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 am