Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

Well...

blondy28
    Fanboy

Re: Well...

Post by blondy28 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:29 am

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:Twitter saying leak from WH saying WH told Kavanaugh to withdraw his nomination after word that there's another woman.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/drudge-report-teases-new-kavanaugh-bombshell-another-woman

Trump would never tell Kavanaugh that. Kavanaugh will still be voted on by the Senate and if he isn't confirmed you will see a tweet storm that will make Katrina look like a spring shower.

I'm not sure "White House" is Trump, necessarily.
    alohafri
    Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:25 am

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:Twitter saying leak from WH saying WH told Kavanaugh to withdraw his nomination after word that there's another woman.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/drudge-report-teases-new-kavanaugh-bombshell-another-woman

Trump would never tell Kavanaugh that. Kavanaugh will still be voted on by the Senate and if he isn't confirmed you will see a tweet storm that will make Katrina look like a spring shower.

I'm not sure "White House" is Trump, necessarily.

True. But what "White House" says and Trump does are usually two different things. You know, "White House" can be code word for "deep state" or "Illuminati".
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:19 am

Seems like Rosenstein is now fired.  That means the Trump administration can now push the solicitor general to end the whole Mueller investigation.  The Solicitor General is a member of the Federalist Society, so it's a good bet that he'll adhere to the Trump wishes.
    blondy28
    Fanboy

Post by blondy28 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:23 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Seems like Rosenstein is now fired.  That means the Trump administration can now push the solicitor general to end the whole Mueller investigation.  The Solicitor General is a member of the Federalist Society, so it's a good bet that he'll adhere to the Trump wishes.

Yep.  We will never find out the truth.  This country has become a very scary place.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:36 am

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Seems like Rosenstein is now fired.  That means the Trump administration can now push the solicitor general to end the whole Mueller investigation.  The Solicitor General is a member of the Federalist Society, so it's a good bet that he'll adhere to the Trump wishes.

Yep.  We will never find out the truth.  This country has become a very scary place.

People need to show up and fucking vote.  Seems like they will.  I saw that Dems turned out 4 million more people in the primaries and that the turnout in primaries is an almost foolproof indicator/predictor of election turnout.  I believe I read that Repubs turned out 4 million more in the 2010 primaries.  This has the potential to be the Dem version of that election if it's not just a mirage.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:40 am

Pam, where do you stand on this second allegation?  Sounds a bit on the goofy and shaky side.  Might be very true, but I can't imagine bringing forward something so loose.  

I'm interested in hearing more about this claim that Kav's buddy was into having group sex with highly intoxicated women and whether Kav was a part of any of that.
    blondy28
    Fanboy

Post by blondy28 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:38 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Pam, where do you stand on this second allegation?  Sounds a bit on the goofy and shaky side.  Might be very true, but I can't imagine bringing forward something so loose.  

I'm interested in hearing more about this claim that Kav's buddy was into having group sex with highly intoxicated women and whether Kav was a part of any of that.

Second allegation sounds shaky, from the little I've read about it.  I'm interested to hear what Avenatti's got.  Whatever you think of him, if he's ever blown smoke, I don't recall it.  Whenever he's claimed to have the goods, he's had 'em.  And he has described his client as having worked in various government jobs that have required her to have obtained security clearance.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:03 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Pam, where do you stand on this second allegation?  Sounds a bit on the goofy and shaky side.  Might be very true, but I can't imagine bringing forward something so loose.  

Second allegation sounds shaky, from the little I've read about it.  I'm interested to hear what Avenatti's got.  Whatever you think of him, if he's ever blown smoke, I don't recall it.  Whenever he's claimed to have the goods, he's had 'em.  And he has described his client as having worked in various government jobs that have required her to have obtained security clearance.

I'm 100% with you on this.  If there's one thing I have noticed about Avenatti is that he don't play.  When he says he's got something, he's got something.  

I'm a little perplexed that the New Yorker went forward with that allegation today, based upon how fuzzy the claim seems to be.  I realize that publication isn't NYT or WaPo or anything like that, but putting out that claim in that form strikes me as really a bit of a reach, even if it ends up being true.  I hear that there are some anonymous folks that won't go on record with their name, but who are claiming that the dick in the face story really did happen, but maybe they are afraid to come forward and be the whistle blower.  Sounds like the corroborators are male classmates from Yale.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:19 pm

Oof, the claims that Rachel was reading tonight relating to Avanatti's client were pretty wrenching.  If any of these accusers have an ounce of credibility and make those claims to a national audience, it's going to get crazy.  Yikes. I don't know what the delay is in coming forward and going public.  I suppose they'd rather not and are maybe waiting to see how Thursday goes and to see if Kavanaugh drops out before they need to come forth.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:29 pm

So....Avanatti says his client is very credible and will explain that she was well aware of Kavanaugh and Judge having participated in pulling trains and gang rapes on drunk women at parties.  I haven't the faintest idea if any of this shit is even slightly true, but holy shit what in the fuck is going on here?  I guess she's claiming she wants the FBI involved and she'll gladly take a polygraph.  Liars don't ask to be interviewed by the FBI and to take a polygraph.  I mean, I thought it was pretty crazy when the first lady came forward.  This thing is going completely off the rails now.
    blondy28
    Fanboy

Post by blondy28 on Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:56 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Oof, the claims that Rachel was reading tonight relating to Avanatti's client were pretty wrenching.  If any of these accusers have an ounce of credibility and make those claims to a national audience, it's going to get crazy.  Yikes. I don't know what the delay is in coming forward and going public.  I suppose they'd rather not and are maybe waiting to see how Thursday goes and to see if Kavanaugh drops out before they need to come forth.

I've been sick and went to bed at 7:00. What did Rachel say?
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:32 am

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Oof, the claims that Rachel was reading tonight relating to Avanatti's client were pretty wrenching.  If any of these accusers have an ounce of credibility and make those claims to a national audience, it's going to get crazy.  Yikes. I don't know what the delay is in coming forward and going public.  I suppose they'd rather not and are maybe waiting to see how Thursday goes and to see if Kavanaugh drops out before they need to come forth.

I've been sick and went to bed at 7:00. What did Rachel say?

She said very little.  She sat and listened and asked questions of Avanatti...doing her journalist thing.  She gave a few descriptions of his claims and then he jumped on and let her interview him.  Yikes.  Gang rape accusations about luring girls with booze and drugs.  Like I said, this nomination process is completely off the fucking rails.
    blondy28
    Fanboy

Post by blondy28 on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:13 pm

So at the hearing when the GOP is having a woman question Dr. Ford and the rapist, will they be alternating between GOP/Dem as they usually do?  Cuz that will highlight the absurdity of the proceeding even more.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:31 pm

blondy28 wrote:So at the hearing when the GOP is having a woman question Dr. Ford and the rapist, will they be alternating between GOP/Dem as they usually do?  Cuz that will highlight the absurdity of the proceeding even more.

Indeed they will be.  I believe the way it'll be is when it's a GOP member's turn, such as Ted Cruz, he'll say he defers his questions to the honorable Ms. Whatshername and then Ms. Whatshername will cut in and continue with the questioning.

I'm somewhat amused that they are so weak kneed that they can't figure out how to ask polite and probing questions without seeming like total dickholes.  Buncha sneering dicks...especially Orrin Hatch.
    blondy28
    Fanboy

Post by blondy28 on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:52 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:So at the hearing when the GOP is having a woman question Dr. Ford and the rapist, will they be alternating between GOP/Dem as they usually do?  Cuz that will highlight the absurdity of the proceeding even more.

Indeed they will be.  I believe the way it'll be is when it's a GOP member's turn, such as Ted Cruz, he'll say he defers his questions to the honorable Ms. Whatshername and then Ms. Whatshername will cut in and continue with the questioning.

I'm somewhat amused that they are so weak kneed that they can't figure out how to ask polite and probing questions without seeming like total dickholes.  Buncha sneering dicks...especially Orrin Hatch.

I think they call that ceding your time.  The Alliance for Defending Freedom and the Thomas Moore Society sent their attorneys to our district 211 school board meetings when the trans bathroom issue was before the board, and a bunch of d211 conservatives signed up to get spots on the agenda and then they ceded them all to one of the attorneys.  At the meeting the following week the prohibited because they wanted to hear from the parents and families in the district, not professionals.  If I'm a dem, I point out the fact that they hired someone to do their job at every opportunity.  Work it into the question or the introductory comments before they get to the question.  Like "Thank you for being here, Dr. Ford, and for your willingness to meet with the democratic members of the Senate Judiciary Committee and the Republican members' paid representative".  And if there is a god, they'll ask Kavanaugh questions similar to the ones he wanted them to ask Clinton.  I look forward to Kamala Harris.  She is EXCELLENT in these hearings.
    blondy28
    Fanboy

Post by blondy28 on Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:28 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

I think they call that ceding your time.  The Alliance for Defending Freedom and the Thomas Moore Society sent their attorneys to our district 211 school board meetings when the trans bathroom issue was before the board, and a bunch of d211 conservatives signed up to get spots on the agenda and then they ceded them all to one of the attorneys.  At the meeting the following week the prohibited because they wanted to hear from the parents and families in the district, not professionals.  If I'm a dem, I point out the fact that they hired someone to do their job at every opportunity.  Work it into the question or the introductory comments before they get to the question.  Like "Thank you for being here, Dr. Ford, and for your willingness to meet with the democratic members of the Senate Judiciary Committee and the Republican members' paid representative".  And if there is a god, they'll ask Kavanaugh questions similar to the ones he wanted them to ask Clinton.  I look forward to Kamala Harris.  She is EXCELLENT in these hearings.

Who do you think handles meeting better....rapey raperson or Dr. Ford?  Obviously haven't heard her speak, but I've heard him speak, and he's given some pretty piss poor answers about some really general stuff.  I think Dr. Ford is being counseled, so it's a crap should how she will respond.  I do hope she has near-perfect memory of the event (knowing that she's already seemed clear that she doesn't), because they would use that to suggest it was all made up, because who wouldn't remember.  <Raising hand>...I didn't remember.  I remember very hazy details...and not hazy in that they're fake memories...they're real.  And I can tell you name one of the men who tried to assault me but not the other one.  And I don't remember whose house we were at.  All parties & location WERE memories I had, but over the last 35 years, memories faded, so I only remember one of the rapey guys, not both.  Dr. Forward certainly is not going remember everything exactly.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:09 pm

No idea what to expect of Ford.  I know nothing about her.  Her friends and acquaintances have said she's soft spoken and very intelligent and deliberate.  I believe she's in a car driving cross country from San Fran to DC, so hopefully she has a person prepping her.  That said, I'd not feel a need to be prepped.  I'd happily just get into the chair and answer honestly.  I think she believes she's telling the absolute truth, so she ought to be able to speak with authority on certain issues, such as knowing for certain Kav is the perpetrator.  Otherwise, she'll be fuzzy on details, as anyone would be.  

Like you, I remember certain aspects of those years with absolute clarity, such as things I was wearing and conversations had at parties, but then I'm fuzzy about what season it was, or where the party was, or who I was with when we arrived.  Nobody should be expected to recall every detail.  That's not reasonable.  That said, it's not unreasonable to remember who specifically tried raping you.  

I'll say this much...I think the GOP is underestimating the power of a presumably-credible woman sitting there on nat'l TV and explaining that their nominee grabbed at her privates, covered her mouth, fondled at her, etc and then telling how that's affected her life.  She'll surely be asked about the other guy and it'll be bantered about that he's in hiding.  She'll surely discuss that she passed a polygraph administered by the FBI dude.  I suspect she'll mention that she's been telling her husband about Kavanaugh being the perpetrator for many years, and that she specifically named him many years ago to him.  Maybe they listen and vote and confirm him.  That's very possible.  I don't rule it out.  If they do that, I believe WW3 begins the next day.  You might see women marching in the streets at levels twice what we saw the day after the inauguration.  I'm just spit-balling, and maybe she'll not be credible and people will just dismiss it.  Overall, this has the feeling of creating a huge female turnout situation in November elections.   I noticed that in today's polling, several Dems appeared to be pulling away in some of the very tight senate polls whereby they were previously tied or behind in races.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:53 pm

Pam, if it's any consolation for you, Politico is reporting that the votes to confirm Kavanaugh are not there.  They are currently short, as at least two Repubs appear slated to vote against, so unless the hearing turns some no votes into yes votes, this thing is going to blow up.  It's a near certainty that the rush rush rushing to do this is a desperate attempt get it figured out in time to try getting another one through if this one crashes. 

if this crashes on Friday, I won't be surprised if Dumb Donald is introducing someone new to the public Friday night or Sat morning as his new, greatest-ever nominee.  Then you'll see them pushing very quickly, which is their prerogative.
    alohafri
    Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:47 am

Alleged
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:28 am

USA today running a story interviewing several people who state with clarity that Ford has been telling them or told them about the Kavanaugh attack several years ago, and in some cases gave his name. Sounds like there is an old email exchange that made its way into the story as evidence. I think this is beginning to sound like more than allegations.
    alohafri
    Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:04 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:USA today running a story interviewing several people who state with clarity that Ford has been telling them or told them about the Kavanaugh attack several years ago, and in some cases gave his name. Sounds like there is an old email exchange that made its way into the story as evidence.  I think this is beginning to sound like more than allegations.

That's for the Senate to decide. That's why they are holding the hearings. That's all I wanted. 

The dope could have avoided all of this by being honest in the first place. "I did some things that I'm not proud of in my youth. I apologize for them. That is not the man I am now."

I'm more concerned with the possibility that he lied under oath than what he did in high school or college.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:25 am

Agree, Kev. Folks would respect him more if he said he did some dumb shit in his formative years and is no longer THAT person and has learned some valuable lessons.

You note that it's for the senate to decide, but the senate doesn't really want any testimony from these corroborators, so my guess is that they already decided.
    alohafri
    Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:06 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Agree, Kev.  Folks would respect him more if he said he did some dumb shit in his formative years and is no longer THAT person and has learned some valuable lessons.

You note that it's for the senate to decide, but the senate doesn't really want any testimony from these corroborators, so my guess is that they already decided.

They are being forced to. They may not want to, but they are at least giving her her say. I would hope that a few of them would keep an open mind...on both sides of the aisle. Call me naive, but that's my hope.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:20 am

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Agree, Kev.  Folks would respect him more if he said he did some dumb shit in his formative years and is no longer THAT person and has learned some valuable lessons.

They are being forced to. They may not want to, but they are at least giving her her say. I would hope that a few of them would keep an open mind...on both sides of the aisle. Call me naive, but that's my hope.

I suspect a few in the GOP are keeping a more open mind that McConnell is leading on with his "WE WILL CONFIRM JUDGE KAVANAUGH!" commentary.  I believe that sometime tonight some other person is going to give an interview on one of the political shows about Kav and Judge being involved in the drunken/drugged gang bang/rape scenarios at Yale, so we might have that news bouncing around along with tomorrow's circus.
    blondy28
    Fanboy

Post by blondy28 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:50 am

Julie Swetnick has come forward and in detail documents in a sworn statement that she saw Judge and Kavanaugh drugging drinks with quaaludes and saw boys waiting outside closed doors waiting to gang rape them and she, herself, was gang raped by Kavanaugh and Judge and "others".  If they don't pull the nomination now, they're stupid.  There's no statute of limitations on this.   Avenatti said the other day that she may pursue charges.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:02 pm