Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

Well...

SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Re: Well...

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:19 pm

I drank beer.  I liked beer.  I still like beer.  I sometimes drank too much beer.  I got drunk from too much beer sometimes.  

I'm wondering why we didn't bring this guy out to Nomadsfest.
    blondy28
    Fanboy

Post by blondy28 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:53 pm

Aloha, is that your girl Alyssa Milano I see behind Kavanaugh?
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:59 pm

blondy28 wrote:Aloha, is that your girl Alyssa Milano I see behind Kavanaugh?

Presumably it's not, but sure looks like her!
    blondy28
    Fanboy

Post by blondy28 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:09 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:

The Hawaii senator is less than impressive.  She should cede her time to Kamala Harris.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:12 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

The Hawaii senator is less than impressive.  She should cede her time to Kamala Harris.

I like her line of questioning, actually.  She is a weird one, though.  Kind of robotic.
    blondy28
    Fanboy

Post by blondy28 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:18 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

I like her line of questioning, actually.  She is a weird one, though.  Kind of robotic.

Why is nobody responding when the Republican senators say "we tried.  We offered to go to California to interview Dr. Ford.  We tried to investigate!" "We don't trust your investigation!  You are the enemy!  You are tantamount to Judge Kavanaugh's personal attorneys!  OF COURSE we don't trust you to investigate!"
    blondy28
    Fanboy

Post by blondy28 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:20 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

Corey Booker can take others' time, too.
    alohafri
    Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:48 pm

I haven't seen any of it. Just commenting on what I've read.

One of the best things I've read today was "Chris Wallace is dead to me. Fox prides itself on news not opinion." WTF???
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:40 pm

Turns out that it really was Alyssa Milano in the audience.  Who knew?
    blondy28
    Fanboy

Post by blondy28 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:54 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Turns out that it really was Alyssa Milano in the audience.  Who knew?

I'm particularly good at that game.  Although usually it's not the actual person.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:00 pm

My overall take on this will probably come as a bit of a surprise.  While I think this probably occurred just about exactly as she notes it, I suspect he always considered that moment (assuming he remembers it) to be harmless, drunken silly time.  Most likely he knows it occurred, but isn't going to allow it to blow up his nomination when he always thought of it as silly fun.  I suspect he didn't actually plan to rape her.  Her point about the guys laughing hysterically during the attack leads me to view it less as sexual and/or violent, and more as just stupid assed teen behavior.  

I don't mean to justify it.  I didn't do shit like that, and wouldn't have if given the chance.  But I can see the fine line whereby some believe this is childish shit unworthy of killing a career or ruining his nomination.  I think the guy is a bit of a shit.  It'd be great if he doesn't make it and they find someone new, but I suspect that the GOP senators are concluding that it sounds like teen stupidity gone off the rails and I believe he'll be confirmed.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:38 pm

One thing very much worth noting today is that Ford was reaching out and trying to stop this nomination from happening BEFORE it happened.  She didn't just wander up after the nomination and try sullying the guy.  She tried preventing it from ever happening by telling her story as evidence that he's not a worthy candidate.

frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic on Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:43 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:My overall take on this will probably come as a bit of a surprise.  While I think this probably occurred just about exactly as she notes it, I suspect he always considered that moment (assuming he remembers it) to be harmless, drunken silly time.  Most likely he knows it occurred, but isn't going to allow it to blow up his nomination when he always thought of it as silly fun.  I suspect he didn't actually plan to rape her.  Her point about the guys laughing hysterically during the attack leads me to view it less as sexual and/or violent, and more as just stupid assed teen behavior.  

I don't mean to justify it.  I didn't do shit like that, and wouldn't have if given the chance.  But I can see the fine line whereby some believe this is childish shit unworthy of killing a career or ruining his nomination.  I think the guy is a bit of a shit.  It'd be great if he doesn't make it and they find someone new, but I suspect that the GOP senators are concluding that it sounds like teen stupidity gone off the rails and I believe he'll be confirmed.
    According to report from MSNBC, a group of former US attys. said that she was the strongest, most credible witness they ever saw in their life/career.
    Were not impressed with Republican atty and her questioning. Two mentioned ineffective and no help for Repubs. Asked third what he would do after intermission after her questions before intermission.  His answer!! "Read from Green Eggs and Ham!!!"

frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic on Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:46 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:My overall take on this will probably come as a bit of a surprise.  While I think this probably occurred just about exactly as she notes it, I suspect he always considered that moment (assuming he remembers it) to be harmless, drunken silly time.  Most likely he knows it occurred, but isn't going to allow it to blow up his nomination when he always thought of it as silly fun.  I suspect he didn't actually plan to rape her.  Her point about the guys laughing hysterically during the attack leads me to view it less as sexual and/or violent, and more as just stupid assed teen behavior.  

According to report from MSNBC, a group of former US attys. said that she was the strongest, most credible witness they ever saw in their life/career.
    Were not impressed with Republican atty and her questioning. Two mentioned ineffective and no help for Repubs. Asked third what he would do after intermission after her questions before intermission.  His answer!! "Read from Green Eggs and Ham!!!"
    And from Fox. Baier" you read her opening statement -and then you hear her. Big difference.
    Wallace; Her testimony was emotional, raw and credible! The Republicans are in trouble.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:54 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:

And from Fox. Baier" you read her opening statement -and then you hear her. Big difference.
    Wallace; Her testimony was emotional, raw and credible! The Republicans are in trouble.

I think they are in trouble because I believe that they will confirm him to the Supreme Court.  They are voting to proceed tomorrow and holding the final vote on Saturday morning.  All very fast, but likely being done quickly to get it done before more shit comes out on the guy.
    alohafri
    Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:28 am

Interestingly enough, America, a Jesuit magazine that once endorsed Kavanaugh, has rescinded it's endorsement, saying it is no longer in the best interest of the country. 

"If Senate Republicans proceed with his nomination, they will be prioritizing policy aims over a woman's report of an assault," the editors wrote. "Were he to be confirmed without this allegation being firmly disproved, it would hang over his future decisions on the Supreme Court for decades and further divide the country."
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:49 am

If he is confirmed, and I assume he will be, you are going to see political fireworks you have not really fathomed over the next handful of years. It will surely crank up the female electorate and begin a steady move leftward that is currently sitting dormant but beginning to rumble.

Last edited by SoxIlliniRob on Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    blondy28
    Fanboy

Post by blondy28 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:50 am

alohafri wrote:Interestingly enough, America, a Jesuit magazine that once endorsed Kavanaugh, has rescinded it's endorsement, saying it is no longer in the best interest of the country. 

"If Senate Republicans proceed with his nomination, they will be prioritizing policy aims over a woman's report of an assault," the editors wrote. "Were he to be confirmed without this allegation being firmly disproved, it would hang over his future decisions on the Supreme Court for decades and further divide the country."

ABA is demanding an FBI investigation.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:56 am

It's probably a safe bet that a Dem controlled House's first order of business will be to open an inquiry and subpoena all of these accusers and Mark Judge and the other folks that Kavanaugh seems afraid of having interviewed. If evidence remains, or it's clear he lied to the Committee, he will be impeached.
    alohafri
    Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:48 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:It's probably a safe bet that a Dem controlled House's first order of business will be to open an inquiry and subpoena all of these accusers and Mark Judge and the other folks that Kavanaugh seems afraid of having interviewed.  If evidence remains, or it's clear he lied to the Committee, he will be impeached.

In our nation's history, there has only been one Supreme Court justice impeached, Samuel Chase, and one resigned under threat of impeachment, Abe Fortas. I would say the odds are long on impeachment, but not impossible.

Someone on CNN last night said that one of them lied under oath to Congress. He made sure to say that this isn't exactly perjury, but the question raised was, will anyone go after the one who lied. Every member of the panel said "no".
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:00 am

This is going to be a new political era, Kev. Impeachment won't surprise me at all if they go that route, despite its rarity.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:02 am

If Kav doesn't remember the attack, it's probably not perjury.
    blondy28
    Fanboy

Post by blondy28 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:33 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:If Kav doesn't remember the attack, it's probably not perjury.

But he claimed he's never blacked out after drinking.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:43 am

Maybe he forgot blacking out?
    blondy28
    Fanboy

Post by blondy28 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:51 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Maybe he forgot blacking out?

Blackout drunks know they've lost a chunk of time.  Do you know anyone whose ever gotten hammered that hasn't blacked out at least once?  He knows he's blacked out.  That's why he answered Klobuchar's question by asking her "have you"?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:25 pm