Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

Well...

blondy28
    Fanboy

Re: Well...

Post by blondy28 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:58 am

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:So at the hearing when the GOP is having a woman question Dr. Ford and the rapist, will they be alternating between GOP/Dem as they usually do?  Cuz that will highlight the absurdity of the proceeding even more.

Alleged

That's the judicial standard.  The Blondy from Fanboy Central standard is that he's a rapist.
    alohafri
    Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:34 pm

blondy28 wrote:Julie Swetnick has come forward and in detail documents in a sworn statement that she saw Judge and Kavanaugh drugging drinks with quaaludes and saw boys waiting outside closed doors waiting to gang rape them and she, herself, was gang raped by Kavanaugh and Judge and "others".  If they don't pull the nomination now, they're stupid.  There's no statute of limitations on this.   Avenatti said the other day that she may pursue charges.

The telling thing will be if she pursues charges regardless of the outcome of the nomination. They have to! Otherwise we will be hearing of a "political witch hunt" for weeks and months to come.
    blondy28
    Fanboy

Post by blondy28 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:53 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:Julie Swetnick has come forward and in detail documents in a sworn statement that she saw Judge and Kavanaugh drugging drinks with quaaludes and saw boys waiting outside closed doors waiting to gang rape them and she, herself, was gang raped by Kavanaugh and Judge and "others".  If they don't pull the nomination now, they're stupid.  There's no statute of limitations on this.   Avenatti said the other day that she may pursue charges.

The telling thing will be if she pursues charges regardless of the outcome of the nomination. They have to! Otherwise we will be hearing of a "political witch hunt" for weeks and months to come.

I would hope that if he either withdraws his name or allows it to come to a vote and is not confirmed that they pursue charges.  He has no business being a judge on any level.  He's all kinds of skeevy.
    blondy28
    Fanboy

Post by blondy28 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:11 pm

Another one.  Anonymous.  But if true it was well after high school.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna913581
    sharpy
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by sharpy on Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:50 pm

I agree with aloha - if these women were raped, and don't press charges b/c him losing the nomination is "enough" is not enough, and to me, this does seem then like a witch hunt.  If they confirm him or not, and they continue on with charges, then I would tend to believe them even more, altho I think these women winning in court would be slim (altho cosby is going to the pen, so who knows?) .
    blondy28
    Fanboy

Post by blondy28 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:17 am

So there are two men who claim they're the ones who assaulted Ford?  Oh brother.
    alohafri
    Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:05 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:USA today running a story interviewing several people who state with clarity that Ford has been telling them or told them about the Kavanaugh attack several years ago, and in some cases gave his name. Sounds like there is an old email exchange that made its way into the story as evidence.  I think this is beginning to sound like more than allegations.

I'll play the "what if" game that so many are playing. "What if" it was you? "What if" it was one of your sons? Would you prefer people said "alleged" or are you okay with being guilty in the media? Do more allegations make it so? (Playing devil's advocate here of course because I'm assuming that since you never assaulted me, you didn't assault anyone else.)

Unlike many Republicans and unlike many Democrats, I will wait until after the hearings to make my decision on Judge Kavanaugh.

frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic on Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:46 am

blondy28 wrote:So there are two men who claim they're the ones who assaulted Ford?  Oh brother.
    I wonder if they have been told "no statute of limitations for this conduct in Maryland"
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:10 am

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:USA today running a story interviewing several people who state with clarity that Ford has been telling them or told them about the Kavanaugh attack several years ago, and in some cases gave his name. Sounds like there is an old email exchange that made its way into the story as evidence.  I think this is beginning to sound like more than allegations.

I'll play the "what if" game that so many are playing. "What if" it was you? "What if" it was one of your sons? Would you prefer people said "alleged" or are you okay with being guilty in the media? Do more allegations make it so? (Playing devil's advocate here of course because I'm assuming that since you never assaulted me, you didn't assault anyone else.)

Unlike many Republicans and unlike many Democrats, I will wait until after the hearings to make my decision on Judge Kavanaugh.

I've made no decisions other than the guy has seemed skeevy and icky since long before these allegations.  If this many people came forward about my son, I'd be upset with my son.  I'm the same way when a teacher tells me my son did something.  I tend to stick with using the word alleged or I call them "claims."  I've made no clear statement that any of this happened (although I tend to believe that it happened to some degree, whereby the only uncertainty is the specific details in some of the cases).
    alohafri
    Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:50 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I've made no decisions other than the guy has seemed skeevy and icky since long before these allegations.  If this many people came forward about my son, I'd be upset with my son.  I'm the same way when a teacher tells me my son did something.  I tend to stick with using the word alleged or I call them "claims."  I've made no clear statement that any of this happened (although I tend to believe that it happened to some degree, whereby the only uncertainty is the specific details in some of the cases).

I was hyperfocused on your statement about "beginning to sound like more than just allegations" admittedly. If "skeevy" and "icky" were disqualifiers, no one would be in government. I'm sure we could find something icky about anyone. I think it very odd that he had to play the "I was still a virgin until my twenties" or whenever it was he said, card. That was weird. 
    blondy28
    Fanboy

Post by blondy28 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:36 am

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I was hyperfocused on your statement about "beginning to sound like more than just allegations" admittedly. If "skeevy" and "icky" were disqualifiers, no one would be in government. I'm sure we could find something icky about anyone. I think it very odd that he had to play the "I was still a virgin until my twenties" or whenever it was he said, card. That was weird. 

A virgin who didn't drink until he was of legal age.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:53 am

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I never found Gorsuch to be skeevy or icky.  Or any of the other recent nominees.  He strikes me as evasive and oily...not the kind of traits we like in a SCOTUS judge.  Those are the traits I expect in my politicians.  I don't like politicians on SCOTUS.  

And yes, when you keep hearing allegations, and then several others come forward and explain that they remember that same thing, and others corroborate having heard about it, and others say "Yes, he was a drunk who blacked out and got aggressive all the time" and when Judge's girlfriend says Judge told her about how they used to have sex with very drunk girls at parties and do so in groups, you just get to a point where it appears to be moving past allegations and instead a pretty clear picture of the kind of person these guys (Kav and Judge) were in those high school and college years.

Technically they remain allegations, but if every single person that attended Nomadsfest during a certain year says Kark was blackout drunk that year, it sort of just become the truth, instead of just an allegation.

Last edited by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    alohafri
    Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:54 am

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

A virgin who didn't drink until he was of legal age.

Yeah, some things are better left unsaid. I read where Trump was secretly upset that Kavanaugh went on Fox News. If true, I'd have to agree with him. Things like this can blow up in a person's face.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:24 am

Dr. Ford sure comes across as believable and earnest.  She seems pretty particular about wanting to be truthful about little details and make sure nobody misunderstands her testimony.  

It appears that the attorney lady that's interviewing her is trying, understandably, to paint the entire incident as long ago and that Ford's memory is fuzzy and contradictory.  Seems to me like Ford's story has been given additional credibility by the questions and interactions with the attorney lady asking the questions.
    blondy28
    Fanboy

Post by blondy28 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:37 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Dr. Ford sure comes across as believable and earnest.  She seems pretty particular about wanting to be truthful about little details and make sure nobody misunderstands her testimony.  

It appears that the attorney lady that's interviewing her is trying, understandably, to paint the entire incident as long ago and that Ford's memory is fuzzy and contradictory.  Seems to me like Ford's story has been given additional credibility by the questions and interactions with the attorney lady asking the questions.

Yeah, she comes across as very believable.  Napolitano on Fox said she's coming across as 100% believable.
    alohafri
    Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:07 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Dr. Ford sure comes across as believable and earnest.  She seems pretty particular about wanting to be truthful about little details and make sure nobody misunderstands her testimony.  

Yeah, she comes across as very believable.  Napolitano on Fox said she's coming across as 100% believable.

But, more importantly, what does Judge Jeannie say? I don't always agree with Napolitano, but I don't doubt his credibility. Pirro on the other hand probably wears panties that say "Trump" across the rear.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:00 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

But, more importantly, what does Judge Jeannie say? I don't always agree with Napolitano, but I don't doubt his credibility. Pirro on the other hand probably wears panties that say "Trump" across the rear.

Or "Trump" in some other, better place.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:02 pm

There were a handful of federal prosecutors on MSNBC during the break, and they said they'd never seen a stronger or more credible witness on the stand in their entire lives or careers.  

I'm gonna go on a limb and suggest that there are going to be a bunch of GOP senators that can't bring themselves to vote to confirm this guy.  It won't surprise me one bit if he withdraws before taking the stand today.
    alohafri
    Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:39 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:There were a handful of federal prosecutors on MSNBC during the break, and they said they'd never seen a stronger or more credible witness on the stand in their entire lives or careers.  

I'm gonna go on a limb and suggest that there are going to be a bunch of GOP senators that can't bring themselves to vote to confirm this guy.  It won't surprise me one bit if he withdraws before taking the stand today.

If he didn't do it, I hope he doesn't. If he did, I hope he doesn't throw shade as he does withdraws.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:44 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:There were a handful of federal prosecutors on MSNBC during the break, and they said they'd never seen a stronger or more credible witness on the stand in their entire lives or careers.  

If he didn't do it, I hope he doesn't. If he did, I hope he doesn't throw shade as he does withdraws.

I've been surprised at how few have suggested that maybe the guy was wasted, totally did it, and hasn't even the foggiest memory of it.  It may not have resonated with him at the time as any more than a dumb prank, and if that's the case, it's understandable if he doesn't remember it if he happened to be completely wasted at the time, as Dr. Ford suggests he was.  My gut says it happened and he may not recall it.
    alohafri
    Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:05 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I've been surprised at how few have suggested that maybe the guy was wasted, totally did it, and hasn't even the foggiest memory of it.  It may not have resonated with him at the time as any more than a dumb prank, and if that's the case, it's understandable if he doesn't remember it if he happened to be completely wasted at the time, as Dr. Ford suggests he was.  My gut says it happened and he may not recall it.

Which is where "I am not that person anymore" would come into play. However, he blew that out of the water when he suggested that he didn't drink until he was legal.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:11 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Which is where "I am not that person anymore" would come into play. However, he blew that out of the water when he suggested that he didn't drink until he was legal.

He could have salvaged his character in the eyes of many if he'd have just said he had a drinking problem as a teen and did a bunch of stupid shit about which he's not proud.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:25 pm

Opening statement by him is surely not demonstrating that he has the temperament of a SCOTUS judge.  He's actually calling out the left and I think he blamed it this whole thing on Hillary losing the 2016 election.  Yelling, sneering, angry.  Probably not the approach I expected.
    alohafri
    Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:42 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Opening statement by him is surely not demonstrating that he has the temperament of a SCOTUS judge.  He's actually calling out the left and I think he blamed it this whole thing on Hillary losing the 2016 election.  Yelling, sneering, angry.  Probably not the approach I expected.

Nor the approach I would have used. If you are supposed to be an open-minded, fair and impartial judge, wouldn't calling out one particular group of people kind of eliminate the impartiality?

Imagine Joe West saying at the beginning of a baseball season, "I really hate the fucking Chicago Cubs, their fans, and everything they stand for. I found out that most of the letters complaining about my umpiring came from Cub fans." If I'm a Cub fan, I certainly don't want Joe West calling any game of importance for my team.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:56 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Opening statement by him is surely not demonstrating that he has the temperament of a SCOTUS judge.  He's actually calling out the left and I think he blamed it this whole thing on Hillary losing the 2016 election.  Yelling, sneering, angry.  Probably not the approach I expected.

Nor the approach I would have used. If you are supposed to be an open-minded, fair and impartial judge, wouldn't calling out one particular group of people kind of eliminate the impartiality?

Imagine Joe West saying at the beginning of a baseball season, "I really hate the fucking Chicago Cubs, their fans, and everything they stand for. I found out that most of the letters complaining about my umpiring came from Cub fans." If I'm a Cub fan, I certainly don't want Joe West calling any game of importance for my team.

Much better approach would be to note that he fully understands and comprehends the "politics is war" aspect of today's climate without calling out one particular party and suggesting that they are just sour about the election.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:26 pm