Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

SCOTUS hearing

SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

SCOTUS hearing

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:04 am

I consider myself very fortunate to have a job whereby I can listen on the radio to the all out mayhem that is the Kavanaugh nomination hearing today.  It's dry and definitely for political nerds, but the mayhem, protesting and civil disobedience is pretty compelling.
    alohafri
    Fanboy

Re: SCOTUS hearing

Post by alohafri on Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:20 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I consider myself very fortunate to have a job whereby I can listen on the radio to the all out mayhem that is the Kavanaugh nomination hearing today.  It's dry and definitely for political nerds, but the mayhem, protesting and civil disobedience is pretty compelling.

Dick Durbin was wrong when he said "this is democracy in action". The Senators that are interviewing Kavanaugh are doing the jobs they were hired (elected) to do. Disrupting the process is stuff you would expect to see in some Banana Republic. The "democracy in action" is the legislative's check on the executive and judicial.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:27 am

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:I consider myself very fortunate to have a job whereby I can listen on the radio to the all out mayhem that is the Kavanaugh nomination hearing today.  It's dry and definitely for political nerds, but the mayhem, protesting and civil disobedience is pretty compelling.

Dick Durbin was wrong when he said "this is democracy in action". The Senators that are interviewing Kavanaugh are doing the jobs they were hired (elected) to do. Disrupting the process is stuff you would expect to see in some Banana Republic. The "democracy in action" is the legislative's check on the executive and judicial.

I'm torn.  The interruptions are ridiculous and silly and do absolutely zero good for any cause, as far as I'm concerned.  Nobody can hear what most of these folks are saying, and even if they do, aren't they assuming that these people are pretty nuts?  Listening on the radio, I found myself laughing at the removal of one protester that sounded like it included quite a bit of thrashing, kicking and overall craziness.  I'm only torn because I figure it's their right to protest and subject themselves to arrest.  It's hard to imagine what positive they think is coming from it all...
    alohafri
    Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:47 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I'm torn.  The interruptions are ridiculous and silly and do absolutely zero good for any cause, as far as I'm concerned.  Nobody can hear what most of these folks are saying, and even if they do, aren't they assuming that these people are pretty nuts?  Listening on the radio, I found myself laughing at the removal of one protester that sounded like it included quite a bit of thrashing, kicking and overall craziness.  I'm only torn because I figure it's their right to protest and subject themselves to arrest.  It's hard to imagine what positive they think is coming from it all...

Probably the same positive thing that goofy Alex Jones thinks he's doing by harassing Marco Rubio.
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:25 pm

Kavanaugh just referred today to the Birth Control Pill as "abortion inducing medication."  Seriously.  Yikes.
    blondy28
    Fanboy

Post by blondy28 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:43 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Since the nutjob's confirmation is a guarantee, I'd like for him to be as uncomfortable as possible throughout the entire process.  Maybe it'll cause him to have a grabber.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:00 pm