Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox


    Samantha Bee

    Share
    avatar
    cream919
    Getting to be a Fanboy

    Posts : 310
    Join date : 2017-05-05
    Location : Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell

    Samantha Bee

    Post by cream919 on Thu May 31, 2018 10:44 pm

    Ought to have her show shit-canned too! I don't care that it wasn't a "racist" comment she made in reference to Ivanka Trump. It was STILL over the top and just as bad, in its own way, as Barr's comments! Pot meet kettle. Calling Ivanka a "feckless cunt" on her show was simply uncalled for and, sorry Samantha, NOT funny. I'd expect as much from Kark. You can't call foul on Roseanne Barr and punish her then let something like this slide by with the obligatory shallow apology. If Turner's network doesn't take action then all they're doing is giving the right wingers a reason to call out hypocrisy and point a finger at the left's double standard. And you know what? They'd be right. 

    Leave it to the left to step in their own shit and make themselves look no better than the racist bastards. What the fuck is the matter with these people? No wonder they can't make any headway against this fucked-up administration.
    avatar
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

    Posts : 918
    Join date : 2017-05-05
    Age : 52
    Location : Saint Charles, IL

    Re: Samantha Bee

    Post by SoxIlliniRob on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:00 am

    It was the right message, with poor use of words to deliver the message. You could tell that even her crowd was shocked. I hope they don't cancel her show over it. Personally, I'm more offended by kids getting gunned down in school than the indiscriminate and inappropriate use of the C word. That's not me saying we ought to ignore it...just saying nothing like this surprises me anymore. Our president says and does whatever he feels with complete impunity. Is it any wonder that this behavior is seeping into the maistream.
    avatar
    blondy28
    Fanboy Apprentice

    Posts : 706
    Join date : 2017-05-06

    Re: Samantha Bee

    Post by blondy28 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:23 pm

    cream919 wrote:Ought to have her show shit-canned too! I don't care that it wasn't a "racist" comment she made in reference to Ivanka Trump. It was STILL over the top and just as bad, in its own way, as Barr's comments! Pot meet kettle. Calling Ivanka a "feckless cunt" on her show was simply uncalled for and, sorry Samantha, NOT funny. I'd expect as much from Kark. You can't call foul on Roseanne Barr and punish her then let something like this slide by with the obligatory shallow apology. If Turner's network doesn't take action then all they're doing is giving the right wingers a reason to call out hypocrisy and point a finger at the left's double standard. And you know what? They'd be right. 

    Leave it to the left to step in their own shit and make themselves look no better than the racist bastards. What the fuck is the matter with these people? No wonder they can't make any headway against this fucked-up administration.

    Putting aside that my opinion of Ivanka is the same as Samantha Bee's, I think there's a major difference.  Samantha Bee said something bad.  Roseanne Barr IS something bad...a racist.  Last I heard being someone who uses the C word hasn't killed anyone (or Kark would be dead).  Racism has...probably today.  As for double standards, the right was singing that tune long before Samantha Bee made a comment on TV...they don't exactly need a reason.  As long as they're giving president happy pants a "mulligan" for bonking porn stars and centerfolds while calling for Clinton to resign, and as long as people who referred to a former first lady, former senator, and former secretary of state the C word get an invitation to the White House for dinner, then they can drop the "double standard" outrage.
    avatar
    cream919
    Getting to be a Fanboy

    Posts : 310
    Join date : 2017-05-05
    Location : Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell

    Re: Samantha Bee

    Post by cream919 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:58 pm

    Look Rob and Blondy, I get your points but two wrongs don't make a right. You can defend Bee until the cows come home but the fact of the matter is her remark has taken, at least somewhat, the focus off of Barr...thanks a fucking lot. It's not a contest on which is worse...the point is progressives aren't helping their cause any when they toss out bullshit like this.
    avatar
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

    Posts : 918
    Join date : 2017-05-05
    Age : 52
    Location : Saint Charles, IL

    Re: Samantha Bee

    Post by SoxIlliniRob on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:04 pm

    I don't mean to defend her, Cream.  Nor am I condemning her.  I just don't get worked up about that kind of shit.  Am I offended by it?  No.  Would I have said it?  No.  I'd have called her a Feckless Twat.  I did no clutching of an pearls after Rosanne's blather or Bee's blather, nor will I clutch pearls tomorrow when the next stupid thing is said.
    avatar
    blondy28
    Fanboy Apprentice

    Posts : 706
    Join date : 2017-05-06

    Re: Samantha Bee

    Post by blondy28 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:16 pm

    cream919 wrote:Look Rob and Blondy, I get your points but two wrongs don't make a right. You can defend Bee until the cows come home but the fact of the matter is her remark has taken, at least somewhat, the focus off of Barr...thanks a fucking lot. It's not a contest on which is worse...the point is progressives aren't helping their cause any when they toss out bullshit like this.

    Well, yes it is a contest of which is worse.  When one kills and the other offends, you can't mention them in the same breath, because it's apples and hammers.  And the fact is, it's kinda bullshit when people say "well, progressives aren't helping their cause..." because the fucking nutso whackjobs make up shit if there isn't shit to get fake outraged about.  No Samantha Bee to freak out about this week?  They'll just chant "lock her up" .  They don't fucking care.  How about this...go on the offensive for a change you limp dicked progressive wimps.  Say "fuck you if you're offended.  Ivanka is a feckless cunt, and Kathy Griffin's decapitated Trump head was hysterical and brilliant."
    avatar
    blondy28
    Fanboy Apprentice

    Posts : 706
    Join date : 2017-05-06

    Re: Samantha Bee

    Post by blondy28 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:17 pm

    SoxIlliniRob wrote:I don't mean to defend her, Cream.  Nor am I condemning her.  I just don't get worked up about that kind of shit.  Am I offended by it?  No.  Would I have said it?  No.  I'd have called her a Feckless Twat.  I did no clutching of an pearls after Rosanne's blather or Bee's blather, nor will I clutch pearls tomorrow when the next stupid thing is said.

    You're just upset that Bee used your nickname to describe Trump spawn.
    avatar
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

    Posts : 918
    Join date : 2017-05-05
    Age : 52
    Location : Saint Charles, IL

    Re: Samantha Bee

    Post by SoxIlliniRob on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:35 pm

    blondy28 wrote:
    cream919 wrote:Look Rob and Blondy, I get your points but two wrongs don't make a right. You can defend Bee until the cows come home but the fact of the matter is her remark has taken, at least somewhat, the focus off of Barr...thanks a fucking lot. It's not a contest on which is worse...the point is progressives aren't helping their cause any when they toss out bullshit like this.

    Well, yes it is a contest of which is worse.  When one kills and the other offends, you can't mention them in the same breath, because it's apples and hammers.  And the fact is, it's kinda bullshit when people say "well, progressives aren't helping their cause..." because the fucking nutso whackjobs make up shit if there isn't shit to get fake outraged about.  No Samantha Bee to freak out about this week?  They'll just chant "lock her up" .  They don't fucking care.  How about this...go on the offensive for a change you limp dicked progressive wimps.  Say "fuck you if you're offended.  Ivanka is a feckless cunt, and Kathy Griffin's decapitated Trump head was hysterical and brilliant."

    I gotta say, Blondy, if Bee is going to pass herself off as the tough bitch she plays on her show, then I agree with you.  Say "yeah, I said it and meant every word of it because it's true, and if people don't like me saying it then they ought to vote someone into office that won't generate that kind of talk."  I mean, what's the point of saying that and then apologizing?  Just own it and accept the consequences because does anyone think she's actually sorry?  Or is she sorry that she may lose her job over it if more sponsors bail?  I'd have loved it she just said "I apologize for calling her a feckless cunt.  I didn't mean that at all, and meant to call her a feckless twat."  Not saying it's the right way to conduct oneself, but if you're going to sell yourself as a tough talking, take-no-prisoners straight shooter, then just fucking BE that.
    avatar
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

    Posts : 918
    Join date : 2017-05-05
    Age : 52
    Location : Saint Charles, IL

    Re: Samantha Bee

    Post by SoxIlliniRob on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:36 pm

    blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:I don't mean to defend her, Cream.  Nor am I condemning her.  I just don't get worked up about that kind of shit.  Am I offended by it?  No.  Would I have said it?  No.  I'd have called her a Feckless Twat.  I did no clutching of an pearls after Rosanne's blather or Bee's blather, nor will I clutch pearls tomorrow when the next stupid thing is said.

    You're just upset that Bee used your nickname to describe Trump spawn.

    Maybe I ought to trademark it.
    avatar
    blondy28
    Fanboy Apprentice

    Posts : 706
    Join date : 2017-05-06

    Re: Samantha Bee

    Post by blondy28 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:39 pm

    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    cream919 wrote:Look Rob and Blondy, I get your points but two wrongs don't make a right. You can defend Bee until the cows come home but the fact of the matter is her remark has taken, at least somewhat, the focus off of Barr...thanks a fucking lot. It's not a contest on which is worse...the point is progressives aren't helping their cause any when they toss out bullshit like this.

    Well, yes it is a contest of which is worse.  When one kills and the other offends, you can't mention them in the same breath, because it's apples and hammers.  And the fact is, it's kinda bullshit when people say "well, progressives aren't helping their cause..." because the fucking nutso whackjobs make up shit if there isn't shit to get fake outraged about.  No Samantha Bee to freak out about this week?  They'll just chant "lock her up" .  They don't fucking care.  How about this...go on the offensive for a change you limp dicked progressive wimps.  Say "fuck you if you're offended.  Ivanka is a feckless cunt, and Kathy Griffin's decapitated Trump head was hysterical and brilliant."

    I gotta say, Blondy, if Bee is going to pass herself off as the tough bitch she plays on her show, then I agree with you.  Say "yeah, I said it and meant every word of it because it's true, and if people don't like me saying it then they ought to vote someone into office that won't generate that kind of talk."  I mean, what's the point of saying that and then apologizing?  Just own it and accept the consequences because does anyone think she's actually sorry?  Or is she sorry that she may lose her job over it if more sponsors bail?  I'd have loved it she just said "I apologize for calling her a feckless cunt.  I didn't mean that at all, and meant to call her a feckless twat."  Not saying it's the right way to conduct oneself, but if you're going to sell yourself as a tough talking, take-no-prisoners straight shooter, then just fucking BE that.

    I've never seen the show, so I didn't know that was her shtick.  Seems I saw a tweet or something where someone said "I'm apologize.  I was wrong.  She's not feckless".  That would have worked, too.
    avatar
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

    Posts : 918
    Join date : 2017-05-05
    Age : 52
    Location : Saint Charles, IL

    Re: Samantha Bee

    Post by SoxIlliniRob on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:49 pm

    blondy28 wrote:

    I've never seen the show, so I didn't know that was her shtick.  Seems I saw a tweet or something where someone said "I'm apologize.  I was wrong.  She's not feckless".  That would have worked, too.

    if you haven't seen it, then I suggest checking it out.  It's actually well written, generally.  You would VERY much be able to identify with her show.  Granted, this wasn't her finest moment, but I'm often impressed with the sharpness of her writing.  Wifey loves it.
    avatar
    blondy28
    Fanboy Apprentice

    Posts : 706
    Join date : 2017-05-06

    Re: Samantha Bee

    Post by blondy28 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:53 pm

    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

    I've never seen the show, so I didn't know that was her shtick.  Seems I saw a tweet or something where someone said "I'm apologize.  I was wrong.  She's not feckless".  That would have worked, too.

    if you haven't seen it, then I suggest checking it out.  It's actually well written, generally.  You would VERY much be able to identify with her show.  Granted, this wasn't her finest moment, but I'm often impressed with the sharpness of her writing.  Wifey loves it.

    I've heard it's good.  My TV outside of sports is pretty limited.  I'm actually binging Madmen right now.  Never watched it the first time around.
    avatar
    sharpy
    Getting to be a Fanboy

    Posts : 389
    Join date : 2017-05-10

    Re: Samantha Bee

    Post by sharpy on Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:20 pm

    Im not sure either one of them should have been fired. Barr has every civil liberty to be a racist and to call anyone she wants an ape. And of course, her employer has every right to fire her for inappropriate comments- or let her show remain on the air, face boycotts and advertisers having to pull out and keeping the appalling opinions and behavior in the spotlight. Bee, on the other hand, ruined her entire point by making it like a Donald trump clone would. So her rant about Ivanka, her improper behavior, her using the White House to acquire new patents for her clothing line in Chinese and for all the other reasons she is a "feckless cunt" are lost bc all anyone is talking about is the word cunt. Not what the cunt did/does, but just that she is not a traitorous, criminal, nazi, abuser of our constitution, just that she is a cunt. And I'm sorry, but I've heard COUNTLESS feminists condemn that word and claim it's the worst thing to be called. So Bee in my mind, had the crises of now having her credibility in question whereas Barr just has confirmed what she is, and likely has remained a heroine amongst the Trump crowd. 
    avatar
    alohafri
    Fanboy

    Posts : 808
    Join date : 2017-05-05
    Age : 51
    Location : Between Sarah Michelle Gellar's Legs

    Re: Samantha Bee

    Post by alohafri on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:43 am

    I'm sure that Ivanka has freckles somewhere.
    avatar
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

    Posts : 918
    Join date : 2017-05-05
    Age : 52
    Location : Saint Charles, IL

    Re: Samantha Bee

    Post by SoxIlliniRob on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:53 am

    alohafri wrote:I'm sure that Ivanka has freckles somewhere.

    Exactly, and I don't see why everyone keeps pointing it out.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Fanboy

    Posts : 808
    Join date : 2017-05-05
    Age : 51
    Location : Between Sarah Michelle Gellar's Legs

    Re: Samantha Bee

    Post by alohafri on Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:03 am

    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:I'm sure that Ivanka has freckles somewhere.

    Exactly, and I don't see why everyone keeps pointing it out.

    I don't even know who Samantha Bee is...nor do I know why she wants to know if Ivanka has freckles on her cunt anyway.
    avatar
    blondy28
    Fanboy Apprentice

    Posts : 706
    Join date : 2017-05-06

    Re: Samantha Bee

    Post by blondy28 on Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:05 pm

    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:I'm sure that Ivanka has freckles somewhere.

    Exactly, and I don't see why everyone keeps pointing it out.

    I don't even know who Samantha Bee is...nor do I know why she wants to know if Ivanka has freckles on her cunt anyway.

    Bill Maher was particularly funny last night.  In his Trump impression, he said something like "Ivanka's not feckless.  She's full of feck.  She has more feck than anyone."
    avatar
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

    Posts : 918
    Join date : 2017-05-05
    Age : 52
    Location : Saint Charles, IL

    Re: Samantha Bee

    Post by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:55 am

    Samantha Bee's *apology* last night.  Worth a look.  Not really taking sides....just putting it here because I found her points during the apology to be worthwhile.  

    http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/06/media/samantha-bee-returns-to-full-frontal/index.html

    Sponsored content

    Re: Samantha Bee

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:21 pm