Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

• Reply to topic

Come on Rob!

alohafri
Fanboy

Come on Rob!

Post by alohafri on Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:57 am

Respond to Kark if he accepts my challenge. I want to see if he can put together a cohesive and understandable short paragraph. I don't think he can. LOL
SoxIlliniRob
Fanboy

Re: Come on Rob!

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:06 am

Paragraph? How about a cohesive sentence?
alohafri
Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:19 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Paragraph?  How about a cohesive sentence?

Perhaps my expectations are a bit too high?
alohafri
Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:38 am

He truly does have a reading comprehension problem. And I'm saying this as a professional over years of reading what he has written.
cream919
Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by cream919 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:47 pm

He needs a whole team of psychiatrists. He is legitimately fucking nuts.
alohafri
Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:05 am

cream919 wrote:He needs a whole team of psychiatrists. He is legitimately fucking nuts.

That too. Seriously. How many people has he alienated in his quest to be "right"? I wonder if he is the same way with the real people in his life too.
alohafri
Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:40 am

I'm ignoring him. He thrives on people responding to his psychobabble. Let him give his speeches to an empty room.
SoxIlliniRob
Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:53 am

alohafri wrote:I'm ignoring him. He thrives on people responding to his psychobabble. Let him give his speeches to an empty room.

I'm probably at that point, but sometimes I have to expose him and let him blow himself up further.  I see he's back on his "Hitler was a liberal progressive" bandwagon.
alohafri
Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:02 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
alohafri wrote:I'm ignoring him. He thrives on people responding to his psychobabble. Let him give his speeches to an empty room.

I'm probably at that point, but sometimes I have to expose him and let him blow himself up further.  I see he's back on his "Hitler was a liberal progressive" bandwagon.

I saw that. What people like him don't understand (probably because they don't want to because it doesn't fit their agenda) is that you can't take today's political labels and apply them in all past situations. People like him love saying that the "Democratic party is the party of slavery." While that is true on the surface, the Democratic party of the 1850's and 1860's was the conservative party. The Republican party was the liberal party. Hitler, Mussolini, and the like were lunatics. To try to paint them as "liberal" or "conservative" is doing a disservice to those terms.
SoxIlliniRob
Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:07 am

alohafri wrote:
SoxIlliniRob wrote:

I saw that. What people like him don't understand (probably because they don't want to because it doesn't fit their agenda) is that you can't take today's political labels and apply them in all past situations. People like him love saying that the "Democratic party is the party of slavery." While that is true on the surface, the Democratic party of the 1850's and 1860's was the conservative party. The Republican party was the liberal party. Hitler, Mussolini, and the like were lunatics. To try to paint them as "liberal" or "conservative" is doing a disservice to those terms.

Couldn't agree more.  I don't see the point in trying to paint a nut like Hitler in political colors.  It's never crossed my mind to really sit and try arguing that Hitler was a right winger or a conservative or a liberal.  Maybe he was, or wasn't, but what does it solve or prove?  Why is there a need to call Hitler a rightist or leftist?  How about just an evil mofo?  

I do believe that progressives/liberals are the people that have fought for certain freedoms, such as the end of slavery, or for women to have voting rights.  I mean, that's the definition of a progressive.   
cream919
Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by cream919 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:22 pm

Hitler, Mussolini, and the like were lunatics. To try to paint them as "liberal" or "conservative" is doing a disservice to those terms.

Totally agree. 
blondy28
Fanboy Apprentice

Post by blondy28 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:39 pm

alohafri wrote:
cream919 wrote:He needs a whole team of psychiatrists. He is legitimately fucking nuts.

That too. Seriously. How many people has he alienated in his quest to be "right"? I wonder if he is the same way with the real people in his life too.

Have you noticed that the only time he tends to dial it back a notch and act like a normal human being is when you ask him about something as a CPA professional?
alohafri
Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:46 pm

blondy28 wrote:
alohafri wrote:

Have you noticed that the only time he tends to dial it back a notch and act like a normal human being is when you ask him about something as a CPA professional?

Probably because it's the only thing he can respond to that isn't 95% opinion.
alohafri
Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:44 pm

Kark is too dumb to realize that he has just pissed off the one person who would defend him. I used to say, "you know, I've hung out with Kark in the real world...he isn't that bad in person...this is all bluster...he's putting on an act...he is doing schtick." I know I have said this to many of you in person, in emails, etc. 

I take it all back. This is him. He thinks he's funny. He thinks it's cute.  But he is going to die a miserable man with no friends and MAYBE a handful of family members, just like his hero Al in Cal. I'd feel sorry for him if he wasn't such a jackass.
SoxIlliniRob
Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:18 pm

I've never understood how to take him.  He's never been anything but friendly (albeit a little screwy) at our outings.  He's all about beers and babes, like most other guys.  Part of being a big boy is learning how to take certain cues and not be a complete and utter social idiot.  None of us are perfect, but everyone here seems able to play in the sandbox without flinging their own poo at others, except for one.

Last edited by SoxIlliniRob on Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
alohafri
Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:47 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I've never understood how to take him.  He's never been anything but friendly (albeit a little screwy) at our outings.  He's all about beers and babes, like most other guys.  Part of being a big boy is learning how to take certain cues and not be a complete and utter social idiot.  None of us are perfect, but everyone here seems able to play in the sandbox without flinging their own poo at othes, except for one.

He has been, but he was getting more and more about trying to provoke something. Remember how he went out of his way to try to find Bel at one of those last Nomadsfests he was at? People like that feed on creating commotion.
blondy28
Fanboy Apprentice

Post by blondy28 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:58 pm

alohafri wrote:
SoxIlliniRob wrote:I've never understood how to take him.  He's never been anything but friendly (albeit a little screwy) at our outings.  He's all about beers and babes, like most other guys.  Part of being a big boy is learning how to take certain cues and not be a complete and utter social idiot.  None of us are perfect, but everyone here seems able to play in the sandbox without flinging their own poo at othes, except for one.

He has been, but he was getting more and more about trying to provoke something. Remember how he went out of his way to try to find Bel at one of those last Nomadsfests he was at? People like that feed on creating commotion.

Ahh...Bel.  Good times.
blondy28
Fanboy Apprentice

Post by blondy28 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:15 pm

alohafri wrote:Kark is too dumb to realize that he has just pissed off the one person who would defend him. I used to say, "you know, I've hung out with Kark in the real world...he isn't that bad in person...this is all bluster...he's putting on an act...he is doing schtick." I know I have said this to many of you in person, in emails, etc. 

I take it all back. This is him. He thinks he's funny. He thinks it's cute.  But he is going to die a miserable man with no friends and MAYBE a handful of family members, just like his hero Al in Cal. I'd feel sorry for him if he wasn't such a jackass.

Don't know why, but I still find Al more offensive.  Always have.  Maybe it's like Rob said...Kark seems like he doesn't get social cues, so it's like he's not playing with a full deck.  Al, on the other hand, is a condescending prick, who actually seems to truly believe that he's better than everyone and knows more than anyone.  If possible, he even seems to be more delusional than Kark.
alohafri
Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:02 pm

blondy28 wrote:
alohafri wrote:Kark is too dumb to realize that he has just pissed off the one person who would defend him. I used to say, "you know, I've hung out with Kark in the real world...he isn't that bad in person...this is all bluster...he's putting on an act...he is doing schtick." I know I have said this to many of you in person, in emails, etc. 

Don't know why, but I still find Al more offensive.  Always have.  Maybe it's like Rob said...Kark seems like he doesn't get social cues, so it's like he's not playing with a full deck.  Al, on the other hand, is a condescending prick, who actually seems to truly believe that he's better than everyone and knows more than anyone.  If possible, he even seems to be more delusional than Kark.

I put them both in the same category. I think you are right though. Kark doesn't get social cues and All is just an asshole.

Someone could earn a PhD studying either one of those fools.
sharpy
Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by sharpy on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:44 pm

I don’t know what’s wrong with you people. I find both of these individuals just delightful. My question is, which one actually went after Nomads?  I’m laying money on it being Al. 
alohafri
Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:57 am

On the other board, Kark hinted that he left his job where he had to deal directly with the public because he was afraid he would get fired because of complaints. Does this shock anyone?
cream919
Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by cream919 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:24 pm

If I recall correctly, a few years ago he pretty much admitted that he had to leave one employ because of "allegations" against him by a couple of female co-workers. Of course, as is standard operating procedure, he played the victim. Given some of the remarks he's made about young teenage girls and his rationalizations about how he views them, I don't doubt that his employment issues have been of a harassing nature and are in all probability true. 

Al might be an asshole...no disagreement there...but I'm of the firm belief that not only is Kark mentally ill but also one sick puppy. A felony waiting to happen.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:21 am