Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

Constitutional Crisis?

SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Constitutional Crisis?

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:36 pm

Alrighty, Kevin (or shall I call you bro?), it's looking like we're going to soon be at a place where we're having to look at our democracy and ask if it's working.  

Hypothetically, Trump is going to fire Rosenstein soon.  He can't likely fire Mueller, but he can fire the guy that hired and guides Mueller and then he can replace Rosenstein with someone that's a Trump chimp....someone like Devin Nunes.  Mueller is in the process of writing his findings reports on the investigation into obstruction of justice and the rules are that his reports go directly to Rosenstein (or his replacement) and he decides if that information is disseminated to the public or to congress for possible impeachment considerations.

If Nunez or some other stooge is the new Rosenstein and burns the findings and says nothing to see here, is our democracy and system of checks and balances working?  If that stooge ends the Mueller investigation, is our democracy working?  If the Mueller reports suggest wrongdoing and grounds for impeachment, and said stooge tosses it in the garbage and drops the case and ends the whole thing, is our system properly functioning?  

I'm asking for a friend.  I'm also asking because I think we're getting dangerously closer to the point where some of Cream's and Sharpy's more dire predictions (which I didn't predict but accept as a legit possibility) become akin to reality.  I'm desperately holding onto some kind of idealistic belief that the American public and our legislators won't allow such a thing to happen and go unchecked, but there's a little voice inside of my head telling me I'm hopelessly fucking naive.  Either that, or it's Creamer's voice in my head telling me that.
    blondy28
    Fanboy

Re: Constitutional Crisis?

Post by blondy28 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:44 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Alrighty, Kevin (or shall I call you bro?), it's looking like we're going to soon be at a place where we're having to look at our democracy and ask if it's working.  

Hypothetically, Trump is going to fire Rosenstein soon.  He can't likely fire Mueller, but he can fire the guy that hired and guides Mueller and then he can replace Rosenstein with someone that's a Trump chimp....someone like Devin Nunes.  Mueller is in the process of writing his findings reports on the investigation into obstruction of justice and the rules are that his reports go directly to Rosenstein (or his replacement) and he decides if that information is disseminated to the public or to congress for possible impeachment considerations.

If Nunez or some other stooge is the new Rosenstein and burns the findings and says nothing to see here, is our democracy and system of checks and balances working?  If that stooge ends the Mueller investigation, is our democracy working?  If the Mueller reports suggest wrongdoing and grounds for impeachment, and said stooge tosses it in the garbage and drops the case and ends the whole thing, is our system properly functioning?  

I'm asking for a friend.  I'm also asking because I think we're getting dangerously closer to the point where some of Cream's and Sharpy's more dire predictions (which I didn't predict but accept as a legit possibility) become akin to reality.  I'm desperately holding onto some kind of idealistic belief that the American public and our legislators won't allow such a thing to happen and go unchecked, but there's a little voice inside of my head telling me I'm hopelessly fucking naive.  Either that, or it's Creamer's voice in my head telling me that.

Seems like we should have some kind of Whistleblower law that would allow Mueller or whoever to act on this information and go over said stooges head.
    cream919
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by cream919 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:41 pm

Either that, or it's Creamer's voice in my head telling me that.

****************************************************************************************

There's one easy way to tell Rob. If it's my voice in your head you'd have a hard on. 
    SoxIlliniRob
    Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:34 pm

I see that McConnell is claiming that he refuses to bring any bill to the floor that would knock out Trump's ability to fire those investigating him.  He says it'll just be vetoed.  From the sounds of it, there'll probably/possibly be enough votes to override the veto.  Regardless, don't you allow the vote to send a message?  Of course not, because McConnell is only about politics and not about doing what's right.  

We hear so much blather about what's constitutional and our rights and what not.  And that's all well and good and all, but so help me God if this fucker figures out a way to fire Rosenstein and replace him with some stooge that'll circumvent the investigation into something that allows Trump to walk away and pardon his buddies, then I'll be absolutely fucking done with giving a single shit about the value of the piece of paper we call the constitution.  If he's allowed to dump the guys investigating him, then there is no longer a rule of law and no longer any value in the constitution, and I'll assume we're on the slow road (or the fast road) toward some kind of revolution that may be non-violent (a voter revolution) or violent, with some skirmishes, rebellions and whatever else.  I heard tonight that Pittsburg police dept has their riot police on standby, as they fully expect rebellions and violence and skirmishes if Trump fires either Mueller or Rosenstein.  If he's allowed to do this, then the constitution is basically, in my estimation, no longer worth more than used toilet paper.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:08 pm