Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

• Reply to topic

Oh for the days of Royko

sharpy
Not a Fanboy

Oh for the days of Royko

Post by sharpy on Mon May 15, 2017 5:48 pm

Tribune parent company going to buy the Sun-Times unless another buyer pops up ...More monopoly ownership Death of another newspaper, and now a one paper town with only one political point of view -  hate this trend
SoxIlliniRob
Not a Fanboy

Re: Oh for the days of Royko

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Mon May 15, 2017 9:12 pm

I'm surprised there are any papers left. I was a religious reader of the Sun Times for 30+ years and stopped it about two years ago. I'll bet I've not picked up a newspaper since. Funny, the only reason I canceled was because at least once per week the paper wouldn't get here prior to my leaving for work at 8:30. Finally got tired of it.
cream919
Not a Fanboy

Post by cream919 on Mon May 15, 2017 10:39 pm

I only watch Fox News and only read American Town Hall! drunken
sharpy
Not a Fanboy

Post by sharpy on Mon May 15, 2017 10:44 pm

Unfortunately, I believe the only place "fake news" has not taken over is in newspapers... it was the paper that broke the church pedophile scandal...and I believe the newspapers - in particular the Washington Post and NY Times, are once again going to change presidential history

Shooters Buffet
Not a Fanboy

Post by Shooters Buffet on Tue May 16, 2017 6:51 am

What are you talking about? Ronnie Woo Woo was the front page story of the Sun Times on Friday with a follow up column by Morrissey in their sports section yesterday.

Hard hitting journalism.

Woo Woo goes to Cubs games and knows how to sneak in.

This is important Law and Order stuff. Just like a drunk running on the field.
alohafri
Not a Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Tue May 16, 2017 7:00 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I'm surprised there are any papers left.  I was a religious reader of the Sun Times for 30+ years and stopped it about two years ago.  I'll bet I've not picked up a newspaper since.  Funny, the only reason I canceled was because at least once per week the paper wouldn't get here prior to my leaving for work at 8:30.  Finally got tired of it.  

I get the Trib for the sports, the coupons, and so Peg can get the Soduko. However, like you, we leave before the paper gets to the house. They used to guarantee delivery by 5:00. Now it's 6:00. We're out the door at 5:45. I'm getting to the point where I might cancel. I even have my comics delivered via email.
alohafri
Not a Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Tue May 16, 2017 7:00 am

cream919 wrote:I only watch Fox News and only read American Town Hall! drunken

Peg, is that you?

frank bonifacic
Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue May 16, 2017 2:21 pm

alohafri wrote:
SoxIlliniRob wrote:I'm surprised there are any papers left.  I was a religious reader of the Sun Times for 30+ years and stopped it about two years ago.  I'll bet I've not picked up a newspaper since.  Funny, the only reason I canceled was because at least once per week the paper wouldn't get here prior to my leaving for work at 8:30.  Finally got tired of it.  

I get the Trib for the sports, the coupons, and so Peg can get the Soduko. However, like you, we leave before the paper gets to the house. They used to guarantee delivery by 5:00. Now it's 6:00. We're out the door at 5:45. I'm getting to the point where I might cancel. I even have my comics delivered via email.

Buddy of mine has Trib on line for a couple bucks per month PLUS delivery of Sunday.
Asked how he does it. Says he downloads to word or some such app and then reads on train. Says he starts load when he gets uo and done in no time.
SoxIlliniRob
Not a Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Tue May 16, 2017 3:40 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
alohafri wrote:

Buddy of mine has Trib on line for a couple bucks per month PLUS delivery of Sunday.
Asked how he does it. Says he downloads to word or some such app and then reads on train. Says he starts load when he gets uo and done in no time.

Downloads to Word? Can't he just read it on an iPad without the download? That said, I get no enjoyment out of reading the paper online. Just not the same as the old paper version. Possibly what's occurred, too, is that we're such an up to the moment culture that by the time you get the paper version of the news, it's old news. By the time you buy your Trib, the Presidunce has already committed several new, near-treasonous acts that won't be covered in that edition.
joepoe
Not a Fanboy

Post by joepoe on Wed May 24, 2017 7:56 pm

I get the Trib Weds and Sunday and outside of the ads, it is about useless. I am going to cut it off. It is an early edition and basically useless for sports. Internet is way better of course.
I get the Daily Herald for local news and they have a later edition too but I am going to cut out the daily on that one and just read it on the internet site. So yeah.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:32 am