Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+2
cream919
frank bonifacic
6 posters

Students v. NRA

frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Students v. NRA Empty Students v. NRA

Post by frank bonifacic Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:14 pm

For the first time in forever, I actually have a good feeling regarding change in gun laws or more and better background checks.
    The kids are calling out politicians who get NRA funding. Called out Grassley for complaining about fBI failure to check on kid and he was the one who proposed getting rid of restricting gun licenses for those who are incapable of managing their affairs. Trump rescinded the Obama rule. Girl who spoke said that she knew that Trump got $30 million from NRA.
    The kids aren't into the NRA MONEY! Kasich and she GOP reps are making moves away from NRA positions.
    Student have announced a MARCH FOR LIFE throughout country on March 24, 2018. Maybe some people will wake up and realize that we OWE these kids protection!
    Maybe some redneck parents and die hard 2nd amendmenters (my word) will take a little closer look-especially if they have to tell the students WHY they are so gun strong! 
    How does one defend the guns and ignore kids who just DON'T WANT to get killed in school.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Students v. NRA Empty Re: Students v. NRA

Post by cream919 Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:21 pm

I'm taking some heart in this too Frank. I feel some momentum finally beginning to build and, just like in the 60's, it's starting with the kids only in this case it's high school kids and not college kids. Not to worry, colleges will quickly jump into the fray. Trump and his GOP bitches have managed to piss off the women and the nation's youth. The fuse has been lit and I think it's a good thing. It's a start...sadly a lot of innocent blood had to be spilled along the way.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:09 pm

It would be nice to see the students across the country begin working together, en mass, via social media and take a huge and national stand.  My high school kids say they've not seen anything yet regarding any kind of march or walk out of their school, but as typical teen boys, seemed very open to anything sounding like a chance to walk out of the school.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:15 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:It would be nice to see the students across the country begin working together, en mass, via social media and take a huge and national stand.  My high school kids say they've not seen anything yet regarding any kind of march or walk out of their school, but as typical teen boys, seemed very open to anything sounding like a chance to walk out of the school.

They will be bummed ---March 24th is a Saturday 
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:17 pm

cream919 wrote:I'm taking some heart in this too Frank. I feel some momentum finally beginning to build and, just like in the 60's, it's starting with the kids only in this case it's high school kids and not college kids. Not to worry, colleges will quickly jump into the fray. Trump and his GOP bitches have managed to piss off the women and the nation's youth. The fuse has been lit and I think it's a good thing. It's a start...sadly a lot of innocent blood had to be spilled along the way.

Agree with Cream - the anti-Viet Nam protests and anti-war movement didn't really take off until the mothers of this country finally had enough of seeing their sons die ..
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:34 pm

sharpy wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:It would be nice to see the students across the country begin working together, en mass, via social media and take a huge and national stand.  My high school kids say they've not seen anything yet regarding any kind of march or walk out of their school, but as typical teen boys, seemed very open to anything sounding like a chance to walk out of the school.

They will be bummed ---March 24th is a Saturday 

Turns out the walkout on April 20, a Friday.  Students are tricky.  They probably did this figuring they get a 3 day weekend this way, AND there aren't a lot of spring sports on Friday, so they don't miss having to play in a ballgame.  The march on DC and probably all over the country is 3/24 a Saturday.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:20 pm

So Rob and Blondy's kids are going to be marching and missing school, and Kark's kids are going to stand on the sidelines and throw eggs and tomatoes at them ...HA 
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:35 pm

Actually I think it will be Kark standing on the corner throwing eggs and tomatoes at them. Either that or hitting on the young girls as they march by.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:59 pm

sharpy wrote:So Rob and Blondy's kids are going to be marching and missing school, and Kark's kids are going to stand on the sidelines and throw eggs and tomatoes at them ...HA 

I told mine that I'm ok with them missing as long as they aren't the only ones doing it.  Don't need a suspension for ditching.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:57 am

Uh, oh.  Hollywood is throwing their money at the March on Washington...and that's the last thing the march needs.  These miserable fucks have already dabbled at denigrating kids, but with a Hollywood connection, they now have a target that's "acceptable", so they'll be all in.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:02 am

blondy28 wrote:Uh, oh.  Hollywood is throwing their money at the March on Washington...and that's the last thing the march needs.  These miserable fucks have already dabbled at denigrating kids, but with a Hollywood connection, they now have a target that's "acceptable", so they'll be all in.

For people who claim not to care what Hollywood thinks, they care a lot about what Hollywood thinks.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:42 am

Why does the march on DC need money anyway?  Is it to pay for the buses to get them there?  Buy them all lunch?  Can't we just let these things happen organically?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:09 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Why does the march on DC need money anyway?  Is it to pay for the buses to get them there?  Buy them all lunch?  Can't we just let these things happen organically?

I imagine there will be a stage, sound system, perhaps porta crappers, etc.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:29 am

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Why does the march on DC need money anyway?  Is it to pay for the buses to get them there?  Buy them all lunch?  Can't we just let these things happen organically?

They didn't need porta crappers at Woodstock!  pig
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:20 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Scratch the porta crappers...but make sure you've got a wicked good sound system and some really good bands!
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:23 pm

blondy28 wrote:Uh, oh.  Hollywood is throwing their money at the March on Washington...and that's the last thing the march needs.  These miserable fucks have already dabbled at denigrating kids, but with a Hollywood connection, they now have a target that's "acceptable", so they'll be all in.

SUPER impressed with these kids.  

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/parkland-students-wary-celebrity-gun-control-donations-194240892.html
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:59 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Scratch the porta crappers...but make sure you've got a wicked good sound system and some really good bands!

Too bad the good bands are all dead or in the home. I have some CDs though.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:40 pm

I have some CDs though.

Great....the kids get to listen to The Cowsills, Wayne Newton and Pat Boone.  Crying or Very sad
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:08 am

These kids are super impressive.  Watching Emma Gonzalez go toe to toe with that awful Dana Loesch was a thing of beauty.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:12 am

I don't really understand the Dana Loesch phenomena. What is her talent? At least Tomi Lahren is attractive, despite being nastier than a woke snake. Does Loesch have a selling point?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:54 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I don't really understand the Dana Loesch phenomena.  What is her talent?  At least Tomi Lahren is attractive, despite being nastier than a woke snake.  Does Loesch have a selling point?

She's awful.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:17 am

cream919 wrote:I have some CDs though.

Great....the kids get to listen to The Cowsills, Wayne Newton and Pat Boone.  Crying or Very sad

I love the flower girl.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 am