Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

CDC banned words

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

CDC banned words Empty CDC banned words

Post by blondy28 Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:43 pm

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

CDC banned words Empty Re: CDC banned words

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:52 pm

There's a lot wrong.  Why do you ask?
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:32 pm

Just more free press control - same as when Reagan prevented the CDC from using the term AIDS
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:08 pm

sharpy wrote:

Just more free press control - same as when Reagan prevented the CDC from using the term AIDS

Aw come on.  Ronnie just wanted to make sure AIDS was really gonna be a thing before we started talking all about it.  20,000 deaths later.....he finally uttered the word.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:44 pm

sharpy wrote:

Didn't realize that.  I knew that HE didn't say the term until tens of thousands of people had died, but didn't realize he prevented the CDC from using the phrase.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:12 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:There's a lot wrong.  Why do you ask?

Trying to figure out the rationale.  Obviously he doesn't want anyone to use the phrase transgender because he wants to invalidate it.  I figure they are eliminating fetus because it doesn't sound person-y enough.  Probably will use baby or child or person.  Vulnerable...I'm thinking he doesn't want anyone to be seen as being in need of our help...easier to screw them over, I guess.  Diversity.  Baffled about why this would be banned.  I mean, I know that the right wing hate diversity, but in the context of the CDC, why would they want that banned?  And shocked that they banned entitlement.  They use that phrase whenever they can to denigrate people they think are beneath them.  So unless they're actually removing a health services that we are entitled to (aren't we entitled to care in the emergency room??), not sure I understand this ban.  The evidence-based and science-based bans....that's easy.  They're anti-science.  Always have been.  But seems like the CDC is the wrong place to attach science.  They usually leave that for climate change or faith-based issues.  But for diseases, seems like you want evidence and science based approaches.  

Is this word banning customary and I just never paid attention?  Is this something that both parties do to control the rhetoric and control the agenda?  Cuz I don't recalls Obama or Bush or Clinton banning words.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:22 pm

I've only heard of Florida banning "climate change" and "global warming" from all state-related science, and then these words being banned by the Trump administration.  Gotta figure it's happened under other administrations.  

Surely, fetus is banned because some folks say a fetus isn't a baby or a person.  I'm with you...why ban "entitlement?"  Seems to me that the right loves to use that word in a denigrating way, even when referencing something you've paid into and have a right to collect back.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:11 pm

Ban is now being denied...
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:58 am

Has it been lost on everyone that there are seven words being banned? Apparently banned words happen in sevens.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 am