Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

Do these morons really believe

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Do these morons really believe Empty Do these morons really believe

Post by alohafri Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:48 pm

what they are saying? Hannity and whatever two goofs he has on right now are saying that when Al Franken resigns tomorrow, they are going to replace him in the Senate with either Kamala Harris or Michelle Obama. I'm pretty sure that Constitutionally you have to be a resident of the state that you are going to represent. So unless they have residency that I'm not aware of, that's not going to happen.

When Trump gets impeached, Hannity is going to stroke out.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Do these morons really believe Empty Re: Do these morons really believe

Post by cream919 Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:59 pm

Hannity looks like a tic that's about to pop.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:15 pm

cream919 wrote:Hannity looks like a tic that's about to pop.

He looks like Fred Flintstone.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:20 pm

alohafri wrote:what they are saying? Hannity and whatever two goofs he has on right now are saying that when Al Franken resigns tomorrow, they are going to replace him in the Senate with either Kamala Harris or Michelle Obama. I'm pretty sure that Constitutionally you have to be a resident of the state that you are going to represent. So unless they have residency that I'm not aware of, that's not going to happen.

God, I hope they didn't mean Michele Bachmann.  

Hannity certainly knows that his audience isn't smart enough to know that the senator has to reside in the state, so he's using the opportunity as a dog whistle to scare folks about a black woman actually getting the seat.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:25 pm

blondy28 wrote:

Hannity certainly knows that his audience isn't smart enough to know that the senator has to reside in the state, so he's using the opportunity as a dog whistle to scare folks about a black woman actually getting the seat.

I think you hit a bulls eye right there.  Hannity isn't all that bright, but he's smart enough to know that Harris isn't going to be removed from the Senate and then reappointed to the Senate, and he also knows Michelle isn't going to be appointed as a Minny Senator.  He's playing to the base, but the viewers just love it.  Keith Ellison might be a more obvious possibility.  He should have just mentioned him.  He's actually black, AND from Minnesota.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:48 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

I think you hit a bulls eye right there.  Hannity isn't all that bright, but he's smart enough to know that Harris isn't going to be removed from the Senate and then reappointed to the Senate, and he also knows Michelle isn't going to be appointed as a Minny Senator.  He's playing to the base, but the viewers just love it.  Keith Ellison might be a more obvious possibility.  He should have just mentioned him.  He's actually black, AND from Minnesota.

AND a "Mooslim".  The dog whistle trifecta!
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:10 am

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:what they are saying? Hannity and whatever two goofs he has on right now are saying that when Al Franken resigns tomorrow, they are going to replace him in the Senate with either Kamala Harris or Michelle Obama. I'm pretty sure that Constitutionally you have to be a resident of the state that you are going to represent. So unless they have residency that I'm not aware of, that's not going to happen.

That doesn't fit his narrative. His narrative is "the libs are out to destroy the country and what better way to do it than by replacing Franken with Michelle Obama or Kamala Harris?"

I have little use for those who preach "this side is all good, that side is all bad."
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:25 am

Oh, and according to Laura Ingraham, Time's Person of the Year is nothing more than an attack on the President. 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:32 am

alohafri wrote:

That doesn't fit his narrative. His narrative is "the libs are out to destroy the country and what better way to do it than by replacing Franken with Michelle Obama or Kamala Harris?"

I have little use for those who preach "this side is all good, that side is all bad."

I sometimes have to wonder how anyone could legitimately think Libs (or anyone for that matter) are out to destroy the country.  To what ends would libs be out to destroy the country?  Is there something to gain from it?  If so, what?  I just want to understand what his angle is.  Many times Kark talked about how Obama was trying to destroy the US, and I assume he was pulling that argument from one of his dipshit TV talkers.  Why would Obama have wanted to destroy America?  Was it so that the Mooslims could come and take over and he could change us into the Kenyan Mooslim States of America?   

Bannon has said that his faction is out to destroy the current deep state form of government, but fortunately his faction amounts to about only 25% of the overall public.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:34 am

alohafri wrote:Oh, and according to Laura Ingraham, Time's Person of the Year is nothing more than an attack on the President. 

It is an attack on the president, but that's by default.  It causes Trump voters to have to look in the mirror and go "uh, wait, we voted this guy in and he's the bad guy in this whole Silence Breakers situation."  Yep.  Truth can hurt sometimes.  Looking in the mirror is occasionally not pleasant.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:45 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:Oh, and according to Laura Ingraham, Time's Person of the Year is nothing more than an attack on the President. 

It is an attack on the president, but that's by default.  It causes Trump voters to have to look in the mirror and go "uh, wait, we voted this guy in and he's the bad guy in this whole Silence Breakers situation."  Yep.  Truth can hurt sometimes.  Looking in the mirror is occasionally not pleasant.

Yeah, but I think she meant it as the other people that may have been accused were incidental, that Time was looking for a way to get at Trump. Granted, I didn't waste any more time other than walking through the room to find out if my suspicions were correct.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:47 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I sometimes have to wonder how anyone could legitimately think Libs (or anyone for that matter) are out to destroy the country.  To what ends would libs be out to destroy the country?  Is there something to gain from it?  If so, what?  I just want to understand what his angle is.  Many times Kark talked about how Obama was trying to destroy the US, and I assume he was pulling that argument from one of his dipshit TV talkers.  Why would Obama have wanted to destroy America?  Was it so that the Mooslims could come and take over and he could change us into the Kenyan Mooslim States of America?   

Bannon has said that his faction is out to destroy the current deep state form of government, but fortunately his faction amounts to about only 25% of the overall public.

The "deep state". Just another one of those conspiracy theories of the wingnuts, like Bush orchestrated 9/11 and the anti-gun people orchestrated Sandy Hook. Just think, when this Sinclair deal is allowed to go through, we will be getting this crap and more from my beloved Channel 9.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:55 am

alohafri wrote:

The "deep state". Just another one of those conspiracy theories of the wingnuts, like Bush orchestrated 9/11 and the anti-gun people orchestrated Sandy Hook. Just think, when this Sinclair deal is allowed to go through, we will be getting this crap and more from my beloved Channel 9.

Are you saying Bush didn't orchestrate 9/11?  

What always amazes me about these truthers and Sandy Hook nuts is that they actually believe a president could pull all of this off, secretly, with all kinds of co-conspirators, and none of it leaks out and gets found out?  26 families really pretended that their kids died in a school shooting?  They tore the whole damn school down.  All of the teachers went along with this?  What is wrong with people?  There are just no words.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:03 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I would agree that no politician I'm aware of is trying to destroy the country, but I would suggest that there are some who don't care about the very tragic consequences of their decisions and efforts.  And for some things, the consequences may not be necessarily "tragic", but are a waste of money.  Like, for example, there's no way that these Republican governors actually believe that drug testing food stamp recipients saves taxpayer money.  Every case of a state doing it has resulted in very few positive drugs tests, and by all accounts, it's end up costing the state money.  Wisconsin is about to institute such a plan.  I don't think Scott Walker has said "I'm going to be cruel and denigrate poor people and strip them of their dignity".  He's doing it for the usual reasons.  To rile the base...to get them to hate democrats for enabling the "takers"...etc.  He's doing it for power.  And if it happens to destroy people's lives, so be it.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:32 pm

I would agree that no politician I'm aware of is trying to destroy the country, but I would suggest that there are some who don't care about the very tragic consequences of their decisions and efforts.

I think it depends on your definition of "destroying the country".. are the current GOP leadership thinking about destroying the country? No, but their idea of a great country is to have to pay zero taxes, collect millions for PACs, wipe out Medicaid/medicare and Soc security bc they feel they are paying for it, and make everything white - subjugating any person of color - or kicking them out.  I can pretty guarantee when they succeed in this endeavor, they will think that America is "great", not destroyed - quite a few others will realize the America myth has been thoroughly wiped out. 
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:35 pm

Leading candidate is tina smith - current lieutenant governor of Minn - would have to run again in the fall of 2018
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:52 pm

sharpy wrote:God, I hope they didn't mean Michele Bachmann.  

Leading candidate is tina smith - current lieutenant governor of Minn - would have to run again in the fall of 2018

I hear that the Dem governor wants only to appoint a caretaker of the senator spot and wants to put someone in the spot that won't run for re-election.  Very strange.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:08 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    sharpy wrote:God, I hope they didn't mean Michele Bachmann.  

I hear that the Dem governor wants only to appoint a caretaker of the senator spot and wants to put someone in the spot that won't run for re-election.  Very strange.

I heard exactly the opposite today on WGN Radio.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:28 pm

I'm all for putting Tina smith in and let her ride ....I am for putting all women in the senate under a democratic banner b/c its becoming more and more clear that the democratic men have balls the size of raisins and the women are the ones that have the nerve and guts to fight these fuckers in the GOP - more power to them - I'll miss Franken, I thought he did have balls but he too, has suddenly lost them - and I don't think he should quit until he is given a fair trial - but like all ball-less dems, he's throwing in the towel. He should be making statements i'm not going anywhere until trump leaves or until convicted by a jury or inquiry of my peers.    
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:15 am

sharpy wrote:I'm all for putting Tina smith in and let her ride ....I am for putting all women in the senate under a democratic banner b/c its becoming more and more clear that the democratic men have balls the size of raisins and the women are the ones that have the nerve and guts to fight these fuckers in the GOP - more power to them - I'll miss Franken, I thought he did have balls but he too, has suddenly lost them - and I don't think he should quit until he is given a fair trial - but like all ball-less dems, he's throwing in the towel. He should be making statements i'm not going anywhere until trump leaves or until convicted by a jury or inquiry of my peers.    

It's pretty clear to me that Franken was forced to fall on the sword by his party for some kind of perceived greater good.  Maybe the guy is a pervert, or maybe this is all bullshit and a railroad job.  I don't know.  I really liked him and feel bad for him, especially if it's bullshit.  I worry that this new business of getting people fired and/or kicked out of office by making an allegation is something will, and likely already has, become weaponized and used to take down opponents.  It happened in the Duke rape case and the Virginia case, whereby both were complete lies and bullshit.  the Franken story has a very bad smell to it.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:57 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    sharpy wrote:I'm all for putting Tina smith in and let her ride ....I am for putting all women in the senate under a democratic banner b/c its becoming more and more clear that the democratic men have balls the size of raisins and the women are the ones that have the nerve and guts to fight these fuckers in the GOP - more power to them - I'll miss Franken, I thought he did have balls but he too, has suddenly lost them - and I don't think he should quit until he is given a fair trial - but like all ball-less dems, he's throwing in the towel. He should be making statements i'm not going anywhere until trump leaves or until convicted by a jury or inquiry of my peers.    

It's pretty clear to me that Franken was forced to fall on the sword by his party for some kind of perceived greater good.  Maybe the guy is a pervert, or maybe this is all bullshit and a railroad job.  I don't know.  I really liked him and feel bad for him, especially if it's bullshit.  I worry that this new business of getting people fired and/or kicked out of office by making an allegation is something will, and likely already has, become weaponized and used to take down opponents.  It happened in the Duke rape case and the Virginia case, whereby both were complete lies and bullshit.  the Franken story has a very bad smell to it.

I have seen people on the other side of the political spectrum from you make the same argument Rob. I guess my point is that allegations need to be investigated. Franken did admit to at least one of the allegations. Maybe he was made to be a "fall guy" by the Dems in order to give them moral ground to stand on to get rid of Roy Moore, should he be elected. But was he kicked out or did he realize that he probably would fail an investigation. Same with the guy from Arizona who resigned because he asked some staffers if they would be surrogate mothers for he and his wife. If he is telling the truth, that's all it was, he had nothing to fear and shouldn't have resigned. But, maybe it wasn't. Maybe there was more to it. If he was telling the truth, why didn't he invite an investigation like Franken had previously done?

You really can't pick and choose which allegations to investigate. You have to investigate them all, or investigate none.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:16 pm

alohafri wrote:

I have seen people on the other side of the political spectrum from you make the same argument Rob. I guess my point is that allegations need to be investigated. Franken did admit to at least one of the allegations. Maybe he was made to be a "fall guy" by the Dems in order to give them moral ground to stand on to get rid of Roy Moore, should he be elected. But was he kicked out or did he realize that he probably would fail an investigation. Same with the guy from Arizona who resigned because he asked some staffers if they would be surrogate mothers for he and his wife. If he is telling the truth, that's all it was, he had nothing to fear and shouldn't have resigned. But, maybe it wasn't. Maybe there was more to it. If he was telling the truth, why didn't he invite an investigation like Franken had previously done?

You really can't pick and choose which allegations to investigate. You have to investigate them all, or investigate none.

The only thing to which Franken admitted is that yes, that's him in the photo, and that while it was an attempt at humor at the time, he now realizes it was stupid and unacceptable.  Otherwise, he only said a couple of the claims are just outright false, and the other ones he remembers very differently.  

I'm very, VERY open to the possibility that funny-man Al is a complete perv and is grabbing ass left and right.  It'd surprise me, but we're surprised every day anymore, so why should another one catch me off guard?  The first complaint came from a close friend of Hannity and Roger Stone (Leanne Tweeden).  They knew ahead of time that she was coming public.  The picture is stupid.  It's not a picture of him grabbing her.  It's a pic of him looking like he's about to grab her.  The picture isn't evidence of fondling.  It's evidence of being a dumb ass, and reminds me of the kind of pics that are probably floating around of me in college.  Al wasn't in college at the time, and should have known better.  She also accused him of being too icky during a kissing rehearsal.  Okaaay.  I guess that'd suck.  But during that same week on that tour, there are a bunch of photos of Tweeden grabbing the asses of guys, on stage, including a pic of her grinding on Robin Williams and looking like she's jamming her tongue down his throat while wrapping her leg around him.  A military officer who claims to have spent the entire tour at Franken's side (because that was his job....to not leave his side) claims the claims against Franken are bull and didn't happen.  The next claim against Franken is that he touched a woman's ass during a photo op at a fair.  There's a pic of him posing with her.  Her husband took the pic from about 4 feet away.  I'm supposed to believe he's grabbing ass in front of her husband?  The remaining claims against Franken are that he touched their ass during fair photo ops, and then some add'l claim about trying to kiss someone.  These are more weird to me than predatory claims.  They would also be easy to lie about, since several of the women were anonymous accusers.  Franken flat out embarrassed Jeff Sessions in several hearings by pointing out that Sessions repeatedly lied and perjured himself not just once, but about three times.  Considering he takes probably 5,000 pics a year with people, as do most senators, just think about how easy it is and will continue to be to weaponize claims like these.  He touched my butt during a photo op 7 yrs ago and my name is Anonymous.  

Now that I got that off my chest, you make fair and very reasonable and valid points.  It doesn't appear this is going to be an easy road to manage in the political world.  And hearings might have to become the norm.  It will be too easy to make the grabbed butt claim and push people out of office.  You could claim creepy Pelosi grabbed your ass.  I can claim creepy Joni Ernst grabbed mine, and boom, they're out.  Blondy can claim Paul Ryan rubbed her boob at the Wisconsin fair and boom, he's gone.  

I suspect Franken felt, as did the rest of the party, that if he were to claim the allegations were false and refuse to leave office, then the supporters of Trump and Moore can claim "See, he's no different from Trump and Moore.  They're all the same.  There's no proof."  The Dems felt this somehow entitles them to some kind of higher ground, but I don't think it'll matter one bit.  They can feel that way, but that shit doesn't seem to matter in this day and age.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:21 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:

The only thing to which Franken admitted is that yes, that's him in the photo, and that while it was an attempt at humor at the time, he now realizes it was stupid and unacceptable.  Otherwise, he only said a couple of the claims are just outright false, and the other ones he remembers very differently.  

I thought he admitted to more in the Tweeden thing. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:24 pm

When it comes to investigations of this stuff, Kev, I'm not sure what they can do with 15 yr old claims of ass grabbing, unless there were witnesses...or perhaps corroborators that can say she told them about the ass grabbing 15 yrs ago.  Sounds like in Moore's case, the 14 yr old has told several friends about it since the day it happened.  Not sure if Franken's accusers told friends about it or not.  Accusations of sloppy kisses and an ass-touch during a quick photo at the county fair is hard for me to get worked up about.  Grossed out?  Yes.  

This kind of takes me to the convo I was having with Blondy here last week.  I don't particularly buy the idea that Franken did something wrong, aside from the photo.  I won't assert he's innocent, but I *suspect* he is.  Similarly, I don't assert Trump is a rapist, but I very much suspect that he is. 

This Franks story from AZ is just weird.  Was he asking if he could pork these chicks and impregnate them as surrogates?  Or did he just ask if they'd be impregnated by a needle at the doc's office?  I'd think the latter MIGHT be an ok to ask a woman, but maybe I'm just a dumb ass.  I'll ask Kark and report back to you.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:26 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

I thought he admitted to more in the Tweeden thing. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last.

Nope.  Nothing more.  Said the pic was an attempt at humor, but notes it's not funny and never was.  Says he remembers their interaction very differently, but was saddened that she feels he made her uncomfortable during the USO tour.  The ol' "I'm sorry if something I did offended someone."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 pm